Premium Format Green Goblin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well I'm digging the look of GG. I never got the original, but I really feel Sideshow should be making new villains and not rehashing. Now there's the Venom rumor. I have him already. I want new stuff.

Yes... In another 8 years, we might not even get the sinister 6.

Yes... In another 8 years, we might not even get the sinister 6.

Not if they keep revisiting characters they already released. I understand the need to revisit the big name heroes and villains. Some peeps missed out on those pieces and those characters sell. However, SSC has to make more of an effort to dig deeper into the Marvel character list. The fact that characters like Magneto, Thanos, Phoenix, Juggy, and Loki haven't seen the light of day as PFs is ridiculous. Especially when characters like Sabretooth, Emma, and the Punisher (among others) have already been released twice as PFs.

Not if they keep revisiting characters they already released. I understand the need to revisit the big name heroes and villains. Some peeps missed out on those pieces and those characters sell. However, SSC has to make more of an effort to dig deeper into the Marvel character list. The fact that characters like Magneto, Thanos, Phoenix, Juggy, and Loki haven't seen the light of day as PFs is ridiculous. Especially when characters like Sabretooth, Emma, and the Punisher (among others) have already been released twice as PFs.

This man speaks the truth.

I'm starting to warm up to this more just because I'd like to see another Spider-Man villain.

Don't forget Kingpin!

^^^ yes, while this one looks great and i have and like the original as well. Enough of the rehashing for christsakes SSC. Make something original, hell look at all the Batman villians that have been made already and you keep rehashing old releases.....wheres Electro, Kingpin, Lizard, Kraven, Sandman etc etc etc...... They will all sell just as well as the rehashed ones i promise....

You should work for the Future Product development for SS, hahaha... Got my vote

So, when are we going to see more pics of this sublime master sculpt? Sideshow, show more, & keep the hyper fan fever going. Just can't wait for this one. And the next, And the next.

While I totally agree with all of this if you are going to do a NEW Spiderman you HAVE to do a New Green Goblin to go with him. They didn't do one with the Olivetti Comiquette line so it has been a very long time since they did the original. Now, being honest I hope they do another rogue before Venom, though I think he will be next, simply because I think others need to get done before you revisit a character like Venom who's last release was fairly recent, and highly regarded. However, as an artist I can tell you the FIRST THREE character I would want to sculpt would be Spiderman, Green Goblin, and Venom...lol.

While I totally agree with all of this if you are going to do a NEW Spiderman you HAVE to do a New Green Goblin to go with him. They didn't do one with the Olivetti Comiquette line so it has been a very long time since they did the original. Now, being honest I hope they do another rogue before Venom, though I think he will be next, simply because I think others need to get done before you revisit a character like Venom who's last release was fairly recent, and highly regarded. However, as an artist I can tell you the FIRST THREE character I would want to sculpt would be Spiderman, Green Goblin, and Venom...lol.

As I said, I really don't have an issue with SSC revisiting very popular heroes or villains as PFs. It makes sense. However, revisits of characters like Emma, Punisher, or Sabes can wait until Thanos, Mags, Phoenix, Juggy, or Loki see the light of day as PFs. There's just really no reason for it. Those characters, if done right, will easily outsell any of those second release PFs I mentioned. For the life of me, I just can't understand SSC's choice of characters. It's nothing short of baffling at times.

As I said, I really don't have an issue with SSC revisiting very popular heroes or villains as PFs. It makes sense. However, revisits of characters like Emma, Punisher, or Sabes can wait until Thanos, Mags, Phoenix, Juggy, or Loki see the light of day as PFs. There's just really no reason for it. Those characters, if done right, will easily outsell any of those second release PFs I mentioned. For the life of me, I just can't understand SSC's choice of characters. It's nothing short of baffling at times.
Well I get Emma and Punisher, neither if the first releases are universally that well recieved. The sculpt on the first emma and punisher PFs are...well lets just say lacking. Sabretooth I get because they're pairing him with the new Wolverine. But I agree, the characters you mention should be already on shelves.

That's why people are paying crazy price too for XM Magneto. If only SS decided to make him

I agree with Spidey and while it looks like Venom will indeed be next after GG, I'd prefer some other characters. Lizard, Doc Oc, and Scorpion would make some really cool 1/4 scale pieces. I admit it though, a McFarlane Venom would be tempting.

Well I get Emma and Punisher, neither if the first releases are universally that well recieved. The sculpt on the first emma and punisher PFs are...well lets just say lacking. Sabretooth I get because they're pairing him with the new Wolverine. But I agree, the characters you mention should be already on shelves.

Your last sentence is kinda my whole point. Mags, Thanos, Loki, and Phoenix (among others) needed to be released before we saw second versions of Emma, Frank, or Creed. To have the Marvel license for 10 years and still have collectors waiting on those characters is beyond ridiculous.

That's why people are paying crazy price too for XM Magneto. If only SS decided to make him

The peeps running XM are smart. Look at the releases in the 1st wave of their Marvel license. Just about every major Marvel character SSC refused to release is the first characters XM went after. Mags, Thanos, Phoenix, Ghost Rider, Doctor Strange, Cable, and a slew of popular Spidey villains. XM went straight for the kill and SSC is still dragging their feet with these characters. It's incredibly frustrating.

Sideshow plays it safe it's either GG or Venom they know they Are the money makers .

How would you feel if the Ex was a second portrait with GG actually wearing the goggles? Could be a real possibility, as Igo hinted at it by saying that for those who like the design, we would like the Ex, & for those who don't, won't. Let the noise begin.

I would love a Mysterio and Sandman - really the whole classic Sinister Six, but those two in particular. I find them far more visually interesting than Venom, although I know his appeal.

Fixed for you...I know that there are some license issues between Marvel/Disney & Fox, but I can't understand how Sideshow has not made a premium format of Magneto happen yet.

(The horrible offscale statue that they released when they first started statues does not count)

Their aren't any licensing issues between Disney sand Fox as Disney regarding a Magneto status as Disney owns 100% of comic based merchandise and can release whatever they want.

It's either Sideshow dragging their feet of Disney being petty prcks and blocking them out of their mission to devalue X-Men.

Last edited:
Back