Premium Format Green Goblin

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bump, cause I'm stumped, .....................again!?

Just read a few posts on SF, & as per ssAlex, at present there are only two Spidey villains in the works for this line, Goblin & another to be revealed. As far as she (alex) is concerned, these are the ONLY two planned?????!!!!!

Could this really be the reality, where Sideshow, once again, will prematurely kill an extremely popular line with no reason or rhyme? Is SS reading the fan posts, massive requests, or the fervor being created by the XM spidey rogue releases/reveals?

Just can't believe it! I have been waiting years for a fully sculpted Goblin, & this SS version is too cool to pass-up, but now I have to wait another few years to see a Doc Ock rendition, if ever?

P.S. And no, XM would not be an option to get Doc. Ock, as their pricing is out of wack, ordering is a *****, & frankly am not crazy about XM Doc Ock design.

That's not what she said, she said

Besides Green Goblin there is one other Spidey piece (that I'm aware of) in the works. There might be more coming in the future but for now I'm only aware of those two other pieces.

She has full stated previously she a.) Only generally knows about products that in the pipeline six months into the future at any given time and b.) she is not privy to all the designs that float around the department.

She can only give the information she's privy to and allowed to.

That's not what she said, she said

She has full stated previously she a.) Only generally knows about products that in the pipeline six months into the future at any given time and b.) she is not privy to all the designs that float around the department.

She can only give the information she's privy to and allowed to.

Hey man, I hope & pray you are right, & I am completely paranoid & wrong. But if you read her follow-up post, she indicates that Goblin & another villain are the only ones scheduled for release through 2017!??? So, if correct, this line is not dead, but rather, in complete limbo. :slap:cuckoo:

P.S. And what purpose would it serve anyone if SS kept Alex on a short leash, & not allow her to state that this line is indeed viable, with great designs & characters to come?:dunno

Hey man, I hope & pray you are right, & I am completely paranoid & wrong. But if you read her follow-up post, she indicates that Goblin & another villain are the only ones scheduled for release through 2017!??? So, if correct, this line is not dead, but rather, in complete limbo. :slap:cuckoo:

P.S. And what purpose would it serve anyone if SS kept Alex on a short leash, & not allow her to state that this line is indeed viable, with great designs & characters to come?:dunno

She said, "In people's hands by early 2017", which means up for PO early 2016 which again is only about 6 months into the future. She is a great source of information but she can't tell you what they are doing beyond march 2016 as far as POs go.

And Sideshow tends not to divulge information about products unless they've been approved. Actually the Goblin is probably one of the first in progress shots we've seen quite a while.

You really need to read the posts, and not read into the posts.

She said, "In people's hands by early 2017", which means up for PO early 2016 which again is only about 6 months into the future. She is a great source of information but she can't tell you what they are doing beyond march 2016 as far as POs go.

And Sideshow tends not to divulge information about products unless they've been approved. Actually the Goblin is probably one of the first in progress shots we've seen quite a while.

You really need to read the posts, and not read into the posts.

Again, if I read it wrong, & you are right, I'm grateful & thank you for pointing it out. But unbelievably, Sideshow has dropped the ball on spidey rogues repeatedly in the past, killing lines way too prematurely. Hence my paranoid take on Alex's posts.

As for Alex being muzzled, what harm, if stated, that the line WILL simply continue, WITHOUT committing to any specifics? Strange at best, a completely screwed-up marketing strategy at it's worst.

Again, if I read it wrong, & you are right, I'm grateful & thank you for pointing it out. But unbelievably, Sideshow has dropped the ball on spidey rogues repeatedly in the past, killing lines way too prematurely. Hence my paranoid take on Alex's posts.

As for Alex being muzzled, what harm, if stated, that the line WILL simply continue, WITHOUT committing to any specifics? Strange at best, a completely screwed-up marketing strategy at it's worst.
They've always been that way and odds are they won't be changing. You're lucky you got a sneak peek at this.

Alex has often said she didn't know what was coming with either a product or a line EVEN when she already did. She IS muzzled with what she is allowed to tell us when it comes to that kind of thing, and it is for good reason. Look at how much backlash arises when cancellations of a project happen. They are still getting asked about the Tron Light Cycle project, and then there is an even more obvious thing. If you leak your designs before you have approval you risk disappointing your fans and having those designs used by others. It is never a great idea to talk about upcoming projects before you get approval because so much could go wrong.

Alex has often said she didn't know what was coming with either a product or a line EVEN when she already did. She IS muzzled with what she is allowed to tell us when it comes to that kind of thing, and it is for good reason. Look at how much backlash arises when cancellations of a project happen. They are still getting asked about the Tron Light Cycle project, and then there is an even more obvious thing. If you leak your designs before you have approval you risk disappointing your fans and having those designs used by others. It is never a great idea to talk about upcoming projects before you get approval because so much could go wrong.

Again, I am not suggesting that Alex reveal ANY secret, upcoming, or pending projects Sideshow may have, nor show/reveal ANY design concepts, but just an acknowledgment that Sideshow has definite plans to expand the line beyond the 2 villains. What's wrong with that?

Same thing happened with the Dinosauria line, where collectors were convinced that the line was on the brink of collapse (myself included), which prompted many to ask Sideshow directly. To their credit, Sideshow issued a statement reassuring collectors that the line was, & is still viable, WITHOUT revealing any info regarding pending products. End of story. The result? Collectors are now simply excited to see what's next for the line, allowing them to plan, save for, & display future purchases. Again, what's wrong with that?

If Sideshow could reassure dino collectors, which is a way smaller/lesser profitable line than Spiderman, why can't they simply make the same acknowledgment for spidey? Especially after countless fan requests over the YEARS, witnessing the off the charts reaction to XM studios approach to character/line completions, & simply because it's the smart, way overdue, thing to do?

Now if I am wrong, please let it be so(!), still very frustrating on how slowly Sideshow is moving on this potentially stellar line run, for both
profit, & creativity/demand. At this rate, it will take years to collect a comprehensive spidey rogue line, but at the very least, we should know it's coming!

Again, I am not suggesting that Alex reveal ANY secret, upcoming, or pending projects Sideshow may have, nor show/reveal ANY design concepts, but just an acknowledgment that Sideshow has definite plans to expand the line beyond the 2 villains. What's wrong with that?

Same thing happened with the Dinosauria line, where collectors were convinced that the line was on the brink of collapse (myself included), which prompted many to ask Sideshow directly. To their credit, Sideshow issued a statement reassuring collectors that the line was, & is still viable, WITHOUT revealing any info regarding pending products. End of story. The result? Collectors are now simply excited to see what's next for the line, allowing them to plan, save for, & display future purchases. Again, what's wrong with that?

If Sideshow could reassure dino collectors, which is a way smaller/lesser profitable line than Spiderman, why can't they simply make the same acknowledgment for spidey? Especially after countless fan requests over the YEARS, witnessing the off the charts reaction to XM studios approach to character/line completions, & simply because it's the smart, way overdue, thing to do?

Now if I am wrong, please let it be so(!), still very frustrating on how slowly Sideshow is moving on this potentially stellar line run, for both
profit, & creativity/demand. At this rate, it will take years to collect a comprehensive spidey rogue line, but at the very least, we should know it's coming!

:goodpost:
I agree with you %100. We are in the era of Social Networking, and now most companies promote and COMMUNICATE through these channels with their fans.

I was heavily focused on collecting Hot Toys, and one of the reasons that I slowed down with them is the lack of communication with their customers. They always reveal pics on FB of new products when the Pre-order is up, then no one hears anything until release day...no communications, no updates, nothing. Then I start collecting statues, and I noticed how other companies (wether independent or licensed) keep their fans engaged about current and future statues, and I just LOVE it!!!

Sideshow needs to change with their ways of communicating and promoting. Yes, they use FB and Twitter for giveaways, but I would love to hear about their future projects even if it's a simple "yes, there are more stuff coming for Spidey's line".

People make fun of XM for how they keep on showing us only concept art, but hey at least I know what's coming for the next few years. This way I can plan a head and decide which way I want go with my collection.

Okay ... so I wasn't going to bring XM into this BUT since you used them as an example of stellar social media, fan interaction, and line completion I feel obliged to respond. Firstly, the guys at XM are FANTASTIC artists and people, but they THEMSELVES have said they are bad at the business end of things and need to do better. Fan excitement is all well and good, BUT is it right to show fans statues that you haven't been given the okay to do so yet?? Is it okay to show the fans designs that you haven't been told you can complete??? Is it okay to show an entire line of statues even though you know they aren't approved and you haven't been given the go ahead? Especially, since when you have shown those designs and can't do them it opens them up to be used by others. Is it okay to hint at an entire licence before you get the papers signed even when that very HINT is what cost you the license so it can't be done??? Is it okay to have secondary retailers talking to customers in the background about major distribution shifts before you use that very social media prowesses to let all the customers know? Is it okay to allow the unfettered slamming of your bosses (the license holders) by your fans on your own facebook feed thus threatening to destroy your relationship with that company??? See that has all happened with XM over the last 2 years, and that is all social media interaction and how it can go bat**** crazy just as much as it can benefit a company. Like I said before the guys at XM are amazing guys, but their lack of a social media filters has cost them and it may cost them.

Would I LOVE for there to be more communication from SSC? Your damn right I would. Would I love for SSC to show us some more teases and allow for more fan interaction and input? ****ing eh right I would. However, do I understand why that isn't always possible??? Hell yeah I do. Have I seen that sometimes to much chatter is dangerous to a businesses bottom line and their ability to get products and licenses?? Yeah that is a no brainer.

See in the end it isn't always the best idea to throw your ideas out there BEFORE you have your ducks all lined up because not everything works out sometimes, and if you are just too open things can come right back to haunt you

P.S. All of this doom and gloom about the Spiderman line is just your conjecture based on half quotes of Alex, and you should know by now that that girl is a tease... lol

:goodpost: Simple answer to your question -> nothing.

:goodpost:
I agree with you %100. We are in the era of Social Networking, and now most companies promote and COMMUNICATE through these channels with their fans.

I was heavily focused on collecting Hot Toys, and one of the reasons that I slowed down with them is the lack of communication with their customers. They always reveal pics on FB of new products when the Pre-order is up, then no one hears anything until release day...no communications, no updates, nothing. Then I start collecting statues, and I noticed how other companies (wether independent or licensed) keep their fans engaged about current and future statues, and I just LOVE it!!!

Sideshow needs to change with their ways of communicating and promoting. Yes, they use FB and Twitter for giveaways, but I would love to hear about their future projects even if it's a simple "yes, there are more stuff coming for Spidey's line".

People make fun of XM for how they keep on showing us only concept art, but hey at least I know what's coming for the next few years. This way I can plan a head and decide which way I want go with my collection.

:exactly: Sideshow works ALL the social media channels when they're promoting products as well as contest giveaways and that's great, yet when it comes to something like this topic you get nothing but radio silence. The 'Ask Sideshow' part of the forum here has been littered for years with collectors asking and even begging for information about their favorite characters possibly being made yet those fall on deaf ears as well.

Sideshow has been in the industry long enough to know that their customers want to know whether a line is going to be explored further than 1 or 2 character releases, yet they maintain their status quo. It's mind boggling, but it is what is and likely won't be changing.

Other companies have answered this call and it's paying huge dividends by continually fueling a raging fire of fan interest, discussion and excitement. People were making fun of XM when Magneto and Phoenix concept art first hit, they aren't laughing anymore....

Okay ... so I wasn't going to bring XM into this BUT since you used them as an example of stellar social media, fan interaction, and line completion I feel obliged to respond. Firstly, the guys at XM are FANTASTIC artists and people, but they THEMSELVES have said they are bad at the business end of things and need to do better. Fan excitement is all well and good, BUT is it right to show fans statues that you haven't been given the okay to do so yet?? Is it okay to show the fans designs that you haven't been told you can complete??? Is it okay to show an entire line of statues even though you know they aren't approved and you haven't been given the go ahead? Especially, since when you have shown those designs and can't do them it opens them up to be used by others. Is it okay to hint at an entire licence before you get the papers signed even when that very HINT is what cost you the license so it can't be done??? Is it okay to have secondary retailers talking to customers in the background about major distribution shifts before you use that very social media prowesses to let all the customers know? Is it okay to allow the unfettered slamming of your bosses (the license holders) by your fans on your own facebook feed thus threatening to destroy your relationship with that company??? See that has all happened with XM over the last 2 years, and that is all social media interaction and how it can go bat**** crazy just as much as it can benefit a company. Like I said before the guys at XM are amazing guys, but their lack of a social media filters has cost them and it may cost them.

I appreciate you shimming in, but I have couple points myself about the bolding portion of your post above:

1- I can't recall XM saying they are bad at the business end of things, but they always admit their shortfalls, and what they are trying to do to improve. That's something I would take over the "our products are perfect, and there is nothing wrong with" attitude anytime of the day.

2- With all due respect, but what are your sources regarding that XM announced statues not being approve to be made yet. I understand that the pose and content may still need approval, but I haven't heard about that scenario (I know about the hold up for the xmen line, but we all know the reason for that)

I'm not trying to make this SS vs XM, cause at the end I'm a non biased collector, and I own more SS than XM (I like to use the term "not a companIST" lol). Each company has pros and cons. I'm just interested about your sources. That's all :)

Hey Spidey976, how is it going man?

OK, once again, I am NOT asking SS to reveal any specifics, just their planned intent regarding the depth of the line. Nothing more, nor less.

XM was only briefly mentioned so as to illustrate how excited the fans get with each reveal or tease, or just knowing that any given line has some kind of scope/depth. And the real kicker is for most collectors, these XM statues are simply out of reach, but still the fervor & appreciation. But I am not expecting SS to mimic this brilliant method strategy, just to simply acknowledge intent.

As for XM's initial rookie mistakes(?), Sideshow is well beyond that, so don't even go there. So to embellish & counter my simple request with all the gloom & doom scenarios XM has experienced, is really overdone, & does not apply here.

As for dear Alex, I only mention her because she is SS designated mouthpiece, but frankly I don't care were the info comes from, just as long as it comes. Instead of these vague statements, where "yeah, two villains are being developed, but after that who knows? WHO KNOWS????? This is a license Sideshow has had for years already, so what's the big secret? & I doubt that the powers that be have restricted the spidey line to merely 2 villains, design approvals aside.

A simple question was asked, & simply an answer required.

I appreciate you shimming in, but I have couple points myself about the bolding portion of your post above:

1- I can't recall XM saying they are bad at the business end of things, but they always admit their shortfalls, and what they are trying to do to improve. That's something I would take over the "our products are perfect, and there is nothing wrong with" attitude anytime of the day.

2- With all due respect, but what are your sources regarding that XM announced statues not being approve to be made yet. I understand that the pose and content may still need approval, but I haven't heard about that scenario (I know about the hold up for the xmen line, but we all know the reason for that)

I'm not trying to make this SS vs XM, cause at the end I'm a non biased collector, and I own more SS than XM (I like to use the term "not a companIST" lol). Each company has pros and cons. I'm just interested about your sources. That's all :)

Okay I will try to address your points

1. XM stated right after the entire SimplyToys and regional distribution dabachle that they weren't good at the business aspect of the industry, and often simply didn't pay that much attention to it as they are artists not lawyers and business men. Yes they always try to fix things afterwards when it comes to EVERYTHING they do, but it is dangerous not to tend to the business end as well.

2.Well you answered your own question when you brought up the XMen line. None of the statues teased with that line were approved to the point that they could go to production. Yet all of the designs were shown to the public to the point that the Sentinel Dio which was apparently okayed to go with a Colossus and Sentinel base and nothing else was shown in it's ENTIRETY with all of the characters on it days before the hammer came down on them and them alone it seems. Then there are other much smaller examples... a base here... a mask there. My point being is you don't show your hand till you are sure you can play it in this industry. Otherwise you may get ripped off down the line with designs being used by others.

Okay I will try to address your points

1. XM stated right after the entire SimplyToys and regional distribution dabachle that they weren't good at the business aspect of the industry, and often simply didn't pay that much attention to it as they are artists not lawyers and business men. Yes they always try to fix things afterwards when it comes to EVERYTHING they do, but it is dangerous not to tend to the business end as well.

2.Well you answered your own question when you brought up the XMen line. None of the statues teased with that line were approved to the point that they could go to production. Yet all of the designs were shown to the public to the point that the Sentinel Dio which was apparently okayed to go with a Colossus and Sentinel base and nothing else was shown in it's ENTIRETY with all of the characters on it days before the hammer came down on them and them alone it seems. Then there are other much smaller examples... a base here... a mask there. My point being is you don't show your hand till you are sure you can play it in this industry. Otherwise you may get ripped off down the line with designs being used by others.

1- They are trying to improve, and they are not afraid to show their weaknesses. That's one of the reasons to why Ghost Rider is exclusive, so they can learn the distribution process.

2- Again, they learning form their Xmen mistake. From your post, it seems like you were referring to the new announced ones from STGCC, and it seems this is not the case.

I see you Spidey a lot in the XM threads in general (wether it's here or Statue Forum), do you happen to own any of their pieces by any chance? Just curious.

Last edited:
Hey Spidey976, how is it going man?

OK, once again, I am NOT asking SS to reveal any specifics, just their planned intent regarding the depth of the line. Nothing more, nor less.

XM was only briefly mentioned so as to illustrate how excited the fans get with each reveal or tease, or just knowing that any given line has some kind of scope/depth. And the real kicker is for most collectors, these XM statues are simply out of reach, but still the fervor & appreciation. But I am not expecting SS to mimic this brilliant method strategy, just to simply acknowledge intent.

As for XM's initial rookie mistakes(?), Sideshow is well beyond that, so don't even go there. So to embellish & counter my simple request with all the gloom & doom scenarios XM has experienced, is really overdone, & does not apply here.

As for dear Alex, I only mention her because she is SS designated mouthpiece, but frankly I don't care were the info comes from, just as long as it comes. Instead of these vague statements, where "yeah, two villains are being developed, but after that who knows? WHO KNOWS????? This is a license Sideshow has had for years already, so what's the big secret? & I doubt that the powers that be have restricted the spidey line to merely 2 villains, design approvals aside.

A simple question was asked, & simply an answer required.

See you just nailed it right there and answered your own conundrum. Why doesn't SSC do everything you want them too? Because they have been there and done that. Why don't they tease everything that is coming out all the time?? Because instead of leakng things it slowly they do it more during specific events. Not all are stellar mind you, but the buzz after preview night at SDCC is electric. Yeah SGCC was good for XM this year, but the was nothing there to low the doors off because we had seen all the teases already. SSC doesn't show as many WIPs, god knows I wish they would, because they have so many more working parts that it isn't as simple as talking to one of the 6 guys who is actively employees there. However, don't kid yourself they have guys scouring every video they release for even the tiniest of clues to up coming products, and they don't leak something unless they want us to see it. They play a different game here is all, and one that gets them in less trouble.

As for Alex saying she only knows of 2 statues to be planned for PO in say 2016. Well the lady is cagy and I am sure she got the okay before saying that. War happens if she says the line is a full 8 rogues long, but then we get 2 only.... Then people call SSC lyers and say they would never have bought a single piece if they knew it would only go 3 pieces.

1- They are trying to improve, and they are not afraid to show their weaknesses. That's one of the reasons to why Ghost Rider is exclusive, so they can learn the distribution process.

2- Again, they learnning form their Xmen mistake. From your post, it seems like you were referring to the new announced ones from STGCC, and it seems this is not the case.

I see you Spidey a lot in the XM threads in general (wether it's here or Statue Forum), do you happen to own any of their pieces by any chance? Just curious.

1. You are right they are, and I think the same can be said about SSC.... They just seem to find others to make is all...lol.

2. Nope nothing new... Though there have been things that weren't suppose to be shown with lesser implications to be sure.

Finally, no I don't have an XM piece... Though this IS an SSC thread. The reasoning is simple. With the >$1100 price tag I would have to pay to get most XM pieces it would have to be an amazing representation of one of my needs or wants (Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Hulk, Nightwing, Flash, Cap). So in the end I am not a major fan of their Hulk, I got a Cap I like, and I have the Spiderman Com... So unless XMs Spidey is amazing I am good for now.

See you just nailed it right there and answered your own conundrum. Why doesn't SSC do everything you want them too? Because they have been there and done that. Why don't they tease everything that is coming out all the time?? Because instead of leakng things it slowly they do it more during specific events. Not all are stellar mind you, but the buzz after preview night at SDCC is electric. Yeah SGCC was good for XM this year, but the was nothing there to low the doors off because we had seen all the teases already. SSC doesn't show as many WIPs, god knows I wish they would, because they have so many more working parts that it isn't as simple as talking to one of the 6 guys who is actively employees there. However, don't kid yourself they have guys scouring every video they release for even the tiniest of clues to up coming products, and they don't leak something unless they want us to see it. They play a different game here is all, and one that gets them in less trouble.

As for Alex saying she only knows of 2 statues to be planned for PO in say 2016. Well the lady is cagy and I am sure she got the okay before saying that. War happens if she says the line is a full 8 rogues long, but then we get 2 only.... Then people call SSC lyers and say they would never have bought a single piece if they knew it would only go 3 pieces.

1. You are right they are, and I think the same can be said about SSC.... They just seem to find others to make is all...lol.

2. Nope nothing new... Though there have been things that weren't suppose to be shown with lesser implications to be sure.

Finally, no I don't have an XM piece... Though this IS an SSC thread. The reasoning is simple. With the >$1100 price tag I would have to pay to get most XM pieces it would have to be an amazing representation of one of my needs or wants (Batman, Superman, Spiderman, Hulk, Nightwing, Flash, Cap). So in the end I am not a major fan of their Hulk, I got a Cap I like, and I have the Spiderman Com... So unless XMs Spidey is amazing I am good for now.

Yeah, I don't like Xm's hulk either, and that's why I'm going with the new SS one.
I wouldn't spend over $900 shipped either for XM's stuff...that being said I should be able to own XM Spidey and his villains for almost as SS prices and probably less...but that's my secret to keep :)

Back