Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brief review: Nice paint job, cool light up features, though I don't really see myself lighting it up more than 2 or 3 times. The sculpture is as good as advertised, though the artist definitely overdid it with the back muscles, near to the point of absurdity. The pieces fit well and the PF displays great on the shelf. My only real nitpick here is the scale. It doesn't quite feel 1/4 scale, that is, unless Hal Jordan is shorter than everyone else in the DCU and the MU. Perhaps this is one of those pieces which shrank somewhere along the process, which has been known to happen.

Overall, this gets a 7.3/10. Very nice piece.

Very nice shots risingstar.Really shows that he looks great even without the Light Up.Our first Sideshow JLA Figure..really happy I got this.

Last edited:
Yup...he's a little short. I "scientifically" measured the piece to be around 16.75" to 17" from heel to tip of head. If this piece was true 1/4 scale, that would put him around 5'7" or 5'8". If Hal is supposed to be 6'0", that would actually make this piece about 1/4.25 or so.

~I'm pissed...can't believe SS would pull this kind of garbage...sending it back~

(No, I'm not...love this piece.)

Very nice shots risingstar.Really shows that he looks great even without the Light Up.Our first Sideshow JLA Figure..really happy I got this.

Oh yeah, it looks great with the lights on or off. I keep the lights off 99% of the time, but this light up feature is a very nice touch.

Brief review: Nice paint job, cool light up features, though I don't really see myself lighting it up more than 2 or 3 times. The sculpture is as good as advertised, though the artist definitely overdid it with the back muscles, near to the point of absurdity. The pieces fit well and the PF displays great on the shelf. My only real nitpick here is the scale. It doesn't quite feel 1/4 scale, that is, unless Hal Jordan is shorter than everyone else in the DCU and the MU. Perhaps this is one of those pieces which shrank somewhere along the process, which has been known to happen.

Overall, this gets a 7.3/10. Very nice piece.

That's what folks were saying at Comicon, which froze me on this. But definitely bigger than 1:5. Probably something like 1:425 or so. This was one of their first fully sculpted PFs so to speak. So it's possible that it was sculpted 1:4 and then shrank during the casting process. Sideshow probably figured it was too late to worry about that and nobody would notice. I can live with it at the end of the day, so will pick this up. The problem is that it kinda sets the precedent for future pieces. The Sinestro will need to be the same scale. But what happens with Flash, Green Arrow, etc.? Batman and Superman have both been confirmed as clearly 1:4 scale. I'm sure Wonder Woman will follow suit. It could end up just being one of those annoying little things about the line. But again better than 1:5 scale comiquettes which was a royal pain.

Oh yeah, it looks great with the lights on or off. I keep the lights off 99% of the time, but this light up feature is a very nice touch.

Thanks Bmutha, yeah just tiny bit under true 1/4 scale. And for all the geniuses saying its 1/5 the figure would have to measure under 15 inches for a man who stands 6 feet for it to be 1/5.

Unfortunately for me I'm still on the wait list but I might pull the trigger on a reg if it doesn't convert soon.

It is also possible that another Hal Jordan, mixed media, quarter scale will be released in the future that will fit better with the rest of the line.

Considering that they don't even have half the JLA out for PO yet and have barely touched the villains not to mention the different character families, I wouldn't hold my breath.

Given this was less than a homerun for SS I would not be surprised to see a proper mixed media pf in the near future.

Think about how many she-hulks there are. Anything is possible.

Given this was less than a homerun for SS I would not be surprised to see a proper mixed media pf in the near future.

Think about how many she-hulks there are. Anything is possible.

there is only one she hulk 1/4 PF, sideshow rarely remakes pf, it usually takes years.

The only two exceptions I am aware of are the Bucky/Movie capt which was released pretty close to each other with Bucky being a disaster. And the two superman PF which was almost back to back - this was to purely cash in on the movie release, I don't think the movie version did very well so far...

Back