Premium Format Green Lantern

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Compared to Sideshows the DCD version is 1000% better. Head fits the body, the squirrel comes off, and the tailoring is so much better then the pajamas on Wolverine and Sabretooth. DCD crushes SS with GL unfortunately. Especially considering Batman and Superman are home runs.

Hmm...I saw the Batman on display at a comic shop, and I wasn't that impressed with it. That's the cool thing about collecting, we reward their efforts or crappy work with out wallets. If they are trying to give these away during 2013's Black Friday sales we'll definitely know if people love/hate it.

I never thought I'd type this but I think the DCD piece is better. The GL fan in me will force me to buy this and I don't hate it but overall I don't think the execution was done as well as it could have been.

I doubt the construct is removable and the lantern is in the base so neither are most likely the exclusive (told ya ;)) so I wonder what it'll be? I agree the seam on the neck seem thick so I wonder if they'll do an unmasked sculpt even though it's not like that in the comics or a thicker more silver age mask look?

I think the DCD one is better too.

I also agree. I think that the DCD version is one where you have to see it to appreciate it. I also think that the SSC GL is a decent sculpt, it just doesn't compel me enough to buy another GL. Here's mine on the same shelf as other PF's and it blends in well with my other statues.

Hell. I didn't even realize until today that the base lit up. It was off the first time I saw it.
P1110949.jpg

GL is definitely growing on me - I think if they went with flat black on his costume and toned down his ridiculous abs, it would be much better.

The base is fantastic, though.

apologies if it has been raised, but the pose reminds me of the DCD GL vs Parallax Stat. Not that it's a bad thing, but have to agree, musculature is a lil' "rad" with Hal Jordan on this one.

I just don't like this pose. His left arm is cocked back to be a haymaker but he has a fist construct on his right hand being swung with no weight behind it. Plus his abs are just too lined up I think. As twisted as he is they should be twisted too. The abs on the hulk mq are a good ex of what I mean. I love the idea of a GL PF just not this execution

he's definitely looking better with that lighted base...maybe that's a reason they made him so glossy, to have an even better glowing effect when lighted up....:dunno

abs still need work though

If you guys like the piece then that's cool, but just as someone observing it I have to say that regardless of how good it is overall, I find that it looks to be an entire level down from the previous DC statues as far as quality, posing, sculpt, etc... go. It's just hard to believe this is from the same people. I guess they have different teams handle each statue, but the difference seems too great. The Superman for example looks mind blowingly good, but when I see this Green Lantern, well I wouldn't even assume it was Sideshow at first. The body especially looks strange. It isn't just the muscles, but the suit itself looks weird. The colors they used and such it just seems off. It might have worked better with a really tight fabric material. He would certainly fit in better with Superman and Batman. Seems so weird to have heavy mixed media on those two and then throw Green Lantern in as a complete opposite. He won't pose well with them at all in my opinion.

If you guys like the piece then that's cool, but just as someone observing it I have to say that regardless of how good it is overall, I find that it looks to be an entire level down from the previous DC statues as far as quality, posing, sculpt, etc... go. It's just hard to believe this is from the same people. I guess they have different teams handle each statue, but the difference seems too great. The Superman for example looks mind blowingly good, but when I see this Green Lantern, well I wouldn't even assume it was Sideshow at first. The body especially looks strange. It isn't just the muscles, but the suit itself looks weird. The colors they used and such it just seems off. It might have worked better with a really tight fabric material. He would certainly fit in better with Superman and Batman. Seems so weird to have heavy mixed media on those two and then throw Green Lantern in as a complete opposite. He won't pose well with them at all in my opinion.

I think that putting him in mixed media would solve his body issues by covering up the issues. But I definitely agree, this was not what I expected from SS.

As much as my love for Green Lantern has me wanting to disagree with you I can't.

The Musculature on his upper arms and legs is off. The metallic gloss paint works on the green but not the black. The hand and forearms seem weird. His head sits on the neck strangely and it isn't helped by the fact that it looks like his neck gets oddly thicker as it moves towards the trapezius muscles.

Everyone doesn't like the abs but I can easily write that off as comic book over exaggerated anatomy and I love the light up base.

I was really hoping for much more after seeing Superman and Batman.

I've been trying not to sound like a whiny jerk, at least until the official SS pics are shown during the PO. And with all that, I'm still on the fence.

Back