Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crap, this is what my kid draws.

pinup_sketch_by_jocachi-d3cp06p.jpg

Yeah, my eyes were able to follow nearly everything. There were maybe two instances where I had to figure out the logistics and geography of what was going on. One was where Typhoon was doing that handstand throw to one of the Kaiju, the other time was during the underwater fight.

I don't know why everyone is obsessed with pure clarity. The battles, for a good percentage of it, are easy to follow. Sometimes it gets murky, but it's not anywhere near Transformers.

The problem with doing a daylight action scene, would mean they would show too much of the monster. I like the monster being hidden. Monsters should never be fully shown. If you wanted to see more of it, then the film did it's job.

I thought this movie was very comprehensible compared to Transformers. Those feel like I'm tied up in the kitchen and Michael Bay is running in circles around me as fast as he can, banging pots and pans together.

I don't know why everyone is obsessed with pure clarity. The battles, for a good percentage of it, are easy to follow. Sometimes it gets murky, but it's not anywhere near Transformers.

The problem with doing a daylight action scene, would mean they would show too much of the monster. I like the monster being hidden. Monsters should never be fully shown. If you wanted to see more of it, then the film did it's job.

I tend to agree. For a movie like this you need to have those distinguishing shots, to get a sense of the shape to the monster, so you know what he's hitting your heroes with. GDT did that for this film, which is why I never had much trouble figuring out what was going on.

I want a movie starring Michael Bay. I need it. He needs to be an action star in his own movie.

The amount of Metaness would explode.

Him and Chris Nolan.

Back