Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know. I throw common sense out of the window when a giant robot shows up. As long as it can get me to actually say "**** yes" outloud, then it works.

Also, another dumb, fanish explanation, if they used the sword the Kaiju Blue would spill everywhere. But I'm so much more content with the "moment" then anything else.

That's not good, you should never throw common sense out the window :lol maybe in the moment you'll go **** yesss! But when you analyze it, you'll facepalm, but like I said, this is the only silly moment in the movie for me and it isn't even that bad, it does justify the resulting "moment".

Still, the Kaiju ended up hitting the ground, same bloody result, even worse considering the damage GD caused with it's fall.

Considering the cutting weapons were designed to burn flesh aswell as cut I'm pretty sure the chain sword (everytime I think about that I just see ChainBlade from Ratchet & Clank 2....) would have also been designed to burn flesh too to stop bleeding.

A movie like Pacific Rim is so intelligently made, that everything that happens in the movie, happens for good reason.

It's why movies LIKE The Dark Knight are horrible, and movies LIKE Pacific Rim are good. Seriousness in summer movies suck.

Considering the cutting weapons were designed to burn flesh aswell as cut I'm pretty sure the chain sword (everytime I think about that I just see ChainBlade from Ratchet & Clank 2....) would have also been designed to burn flesh too to stop bleeding.

So there's officially no good reason to not use the sword on ground other than to make a kewl space scene huh?

We all saw it, Raleigh didn't know Gipsy had the Kaiju Apocalypse Sword until Mako pointed it out after he'd said they had no other weapons. I mean, she could have told him there's this badass as hell weapon that's been added to Gipsy a bit sooner...

She was too busy thinking about the objective at hand. But if the sword was out earlier, they would've won so fast. And that would've been that.

A movie like Pacific Rim is so intelligently made, that everything that happens in the movie, happens for good reason.

It's why movies LIKE The Dark Knight are horrible, and movies LIKE Pacific Rim are good. Seriousness in summer movies suck.

Or you just have bad taste and the mind of a kid.

Wait.......you do have bad taste, and the mind of a kid.

Must have missed the part where he doesn't know about the sword...but that's pretty stupid. It's like going to war in a tank and not knowing it has missiles... :lol

Surely Janek would have informed him of that tiny little detail. :dunno

Back