Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haters.gif

Saw this today in IMAX 3D. I loved it! It wasn't "great" per se but I feel like I finally got to see a decent "1990's Roland Emmerich film." :lol

Seriously, this was the movie I was hoping for when all those awesome Independence Day and Godzilla 98 trailers were playing.

Pretty dumb in parts (okay the entire premise of using Jaegers against monsters that clearly can be vaporized by just dropping nukes on them whenever they emerge from the rift demands that your brain be checked at the door) but it was a fun Top Gun meets Backdraft meets giant monster movie. :D

Officially now the worst "big budget summer movie" for me this year.
As more time goes on, the less I care and it's already forgotten.
Ugh. Didn't want that to be the case, but that's the path it took for me. :(

More pumped to see Oblivion, Trek, IM3 and MOS, The Wolverine, on blu ray first.

Officially now the worst "big budget summer movie" for me this year.
As more time goes on, the less I care and it's already forgotten.
Ugh. Didn't want that to be the case, but that's the path it took for me. :(

More pumped to see Oblivion, Trek, IM3 and MOS, The Wolverine, on blu ray first.

IM3 before this??? :slap:cuckoo: only thing good about IM3 were the armor designs and armor scenes, it was the worst MCU film to date imo, well joint with IM2

Iron Man 3 was the only other movie this summer I can remember fondly aside from Pacific Rim. Although, I did like Wolvie.

I don't even remember that part. Most of my enjoyment came from the second half. I really liked that stuff. The last half, I can take it or leave it.

Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic: $86,446,094 38.2%
+ Foreign: $140,000,000 61.8%

= Worldwide: $226,446,094

Production Budget: $190 million

Source: Box Office Mojo

226 will be enough for a Sequel?

Its complete international run is not over yet. But yeah even if it does $300 million worldwide, I don't see if that will warrant a sequel.

Total Lifetime Grosses

Domestic: $86,446,094 38.2%
+ Foreign: $140,000,000 61.8%

= Worldwide: $226,446,094

Production Budget: $190 million

Source: Box Office Mojo

226 will be enough for a Sequel?

Was hoping this would do better and be better. Next, time GDT needs to make you care about the characters more than waiting until the last 45 mins. When I get this on Blu I'll know what to expect and be more excited to just see the Robots and Aliens fight.

Next time people need to stop being stupid and seeing dumb ****ty movies like Grown Ups 2.

But I digress. The only non cynical cash grab to come out this year, no one cares about.

Jeebus, trying to find the Neca Gipsy Danger for my little niece and they're sold out at all the Minnesota Toys R Us. :gah:

Anyone know where I can find one at a reasonable price that doesn't involve eBay?

Back