Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went to Twitter to see what NECA had to say about the second run, but if you move fast you can score series 1 @ Gamestop online

https://www.gamestop.com/browse?nav=16k-3-pacific+rim,28zu0

BTW NECA said this:

@NECA_TOYS hi, any idea when supply will catch up with demand for the @PacificRim figures? they are incredibly hard to find.

@Abspara @PacificRim yes and more arrive in stock this week, we make to fill demand

I predict it will easily make about 50-70 million more just from Spain, China and Japan...
:lecture

normal_ew_030.jpg

Haha!!
I knew it!!!
First DAY in CHINA... 9 million! :panic:

‘Pacific Rim’ $9M Opening In China Biggest Ever For Warner Bros: Sequel Likely Now

By NIKKI FINKE, Editor in Chief | Wednesday July 31, 2013 @ 4:48pm PDT

EXCLUSIVE: I’ve just learned that momentum is building for a Pacific Rim sequel based on the international box office for the Legendary Pictures/Warner Bros summer tentpole. The latest development is the 3D sci-fi actioner’s Wednesday opening in China to a record-breaking $9M. That’s a new high for any Warner Bros release and 23% bigger than for any Harry Potter film. Pacific Rim grossed a huge 70% of market share there. This is after the pic broke through to become the #1 film internationally on July 19-21 as it rolled out into less than half the global territories. Pacific Rim releases in Spain, Brazil and Japan on August 9th.

The result is that screenwriter Travis Beacham (who had the original idea which also resulted in Legendary’s homegrown graphic novel) and co-scribe/director Guillermo del Toro’s film will likely have a sequel. No one is yet saying this movie is going to turn a profit due to the high cost of its Industrial Light & Magic CGI which sent the budget to $180M-$220M. Unfortunately, U.S. theatrical sales are not expected to exceed $100M all in so overseas coin was crucial. But international was always a big part of Pacific Rim‘s strategy in a crowded summer marketplace.

After Sunday the pic’s foreign cume is $140M from 52 territories and its worldwide total is $224M. As I’ve said before, Legendary’s mega-financier Thomas Tull has the luxury of mining this marginal outcome into a franchise. Warner Bros underwrote 25% of the film and receives the global distribution fees.

tumblr_mqp1oql9QG1qkw7n9o7_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Awesome news on China, hopefully they can get 100 million out of them lol doubt it but hell even something around 60 million would be pretty great.

I don't even remember that part. Most of my enjoyment came from the second half. I really liked that stuff. The last half, I can take it or leave it.

So you really liked the second half but you could take or leave the last half?

What exactly is the difference between "second half" and "last half"? :lol:lol

Good news about China, hope it goes gangbusters.

Back