Guillermo del Toro's Pacific Rim!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GDT hinted at the possibilty of the aliens scavenging the left over parts of Gipsy Danger and making a Jaeger/Kaiju hybrid.

tumblrmmp82hp5sX1spr5k7o1400.gif

Mhm maybe not scavenge, but they've been in contact with several Jaegers for a long time, if they can handle genetics and mutation at will after learning of past encounters with Jaegers, it's not too far fetched that they can do stuff with metal as well.

Last edited:
You know...I want a sequel to PR, but at the same time I don't. This was obviously made as a stand alone film and a sequel will definitely dilute the first movie.

I'm so torn. :dunno

i hope its a spinoff movie. no kaiju involvement. back to old business...world at WAR again.

jaeger vs jaeger. mech warrior kinda shat.

Not according to GDT. It was a stand alone film, which is why it wraps up at the end with no loose ends and no cliff hanger/jumping off point to set up a sequel.

He said there were left over/cut ideas, etc. from the first movie that could be used if a sequel was green lit. But that's not the same as making the first part of a planned series of films. They don't even have a rough plot outline for the next movie at the moment. Nothing. So FQRizzo is correct. Doesn't mean that am unplanned sequel can't top the original though, it happens a lot.

The most disappointing aspect of the movie IMO was the fact that they completed glossed over the initial kaiju appearances and attacks. I really wanted to see a monster destroy an entire city with no jaegers in sight.

I wish we saw more of that "six day" battle between the San Francisco kaiju and the jets and tanks.

Yeah, this never felt like a movie setting up a sequel. A prequel would work better if they were going to do something. Give us some more daylight battles and don't wait until the last 45 mins to make the human characters worth caring about and it will be a better movie.

Back