Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
During checkout choose the option with the 90 days layaway. You will need to pay minimum 20% of your gun purchase and have to spend minimum $300. To get the cash discount you will need to pay echeck or send a check or money order. If you do not pay within the 90 days your order will be canceled and you lose all the money you already paid.

As for the MK25 I just checked and they got it instoforay buds for only $885 shipped. As for the 15rds mag, Sig had blocked the mags to feed only 10rds.

so you can pay any amount as many payments during a 90 day period? i think i may jump on this then. OGCs price was $890 for the mk25 but out of stock now

Yup. Not a bad deal, but I hate waiting for my guns.

i know what you mean, im the same way. i just dropped 950 for the USPc stainless or i would buy the Mk25 outright. and i have a feeling it wont be in stock at buds for very long. at least layaway would secure me one until i can pay the balance off all at once?

Closer to $569.00 without the discount. Just seen some for less on line. Guess it depends were you buy it from.
https://www.google.com/products/cat...=X&ei=7Gm4T8mfIuSriQKv1oHoBg&ved=0CHIQ8wIwBA#

Thanks just looked on buds and it goes for only $469, I think Military probably will cost around $400 but I want that VTAC.

so you can pay any amount as many payments during a 90 day period? i think i may jump on this then. OGCs price was $890 for the mk25 but out of stock now

Yes. You can actually just make one other payment on the 90th day by paying off the balance.

darkknight :wave

I was actually lucky to get it within a month, SEC actually ordered it before hand and told me I could get their inventory. My initial estimate was I think 9 months.

My cost with tax came out around $840ish. So buds price is a pretty good deal since you don't need to pay tax, ships for free and is instock and you can do the layaway thing. You know how crazy it feels waiting to get your gun :lol but bro I'm willing to help you out

Thanks just looked on buds and it goes for only $469, I think Military probably will cost around $400 but I want that VTAC.

There's a used one for $650 in Pensacola. You could just buy a regular M&P 40 for $400, get the Apex kit for $79, and the Viking Tactics sights for $250. Unless you also want/need the Dark Earth finish. I"m not 100% in love with it, but I was willing to live with it because of the sights.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KIP-yTFD3Y&feature=g-vrec[/ame]

~~And the sights are freaking BRIGHT in person. Looking through them at the shop today I was like "damn. those are bright, and it's not even dark in here."

There's a used one for $650 in Pensacola. You could just buy a regular M&P 40 for $400, get the Apex kit for $79, and the Viking Tactics sights for $250. Unless you also want/need the Dark Earth finish. I"m not 100% in love with it, but I was willing to live with it because of the sights.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KIP-yTFD3Y&feature=g-vrec

~~And the sights are freaking BRIGHT in person. Looking through them at the shop today I was like "damn. those are bright, and it's not even dark in here."

Thanks for the link, sucks to hear the wear on the slide. But check out budsgunshop, Ive been eyeing it out and it's only $657 shipped and it's brand new vs $650 used or even way cheaper than building one. Get it today :rock

Happy Armed Forces Day!

The wife is out with the ladies and the kids are asleep and I'm freakin bored :lol
129d61e7.jpg

Oh, I decided that my next rifle is going to be a Keltec RFB. I forgot to mention there was one at the shop yesterday. Rifle felt awesome!! Must have...it will be my precious.

All good, but haven't shot it enough

you need to fix that! :)

by the way, have you shot at Magnum's indoor range before? if yes, how is it? How near and far can you place targets? Ive never been to an indoor range but I would like to try and it's only 5 mins from where I live instead of driving 30 mins to koko head all the time. $15 a day for non members or something like that?

also, is range ammo priced reasonably there? compared to SEC where 115 gr Federal 9mm is $12 for 50 and $20 for 230 gr Speer Lawman in .45 acp.

you need to fix that! :)

by the way, have you shot at Magnum's indoor range before? if yes, how is it? How near and far can you place targets? Ive never been to an indoor range but I would like to try and it's only 5 mins from where I live instead of driving 30 mins to koko head all the time. $15 a day for non members or something like that?

also, is range ammo priced reasonably there? compared to SEC where 115 gr Federal 9mm is $12 for 50 and $20 for 230 gr Speer Lawman in .45 acp.

I just went there once on a early morning weekday, they only have 3 lanes and I'm not to sure how far the target goes. Just shot my .22 rifles and pistols and my 5.56. But yeah their prices are crazy since you have to use their ammo. I know it was about $20 for frangibles .223 box of 20 forgot how much I spent for .22. I called once to see how much their cheapest 9mm box of 50, they told me $20. I think military discount is 15 or 20% off. The only plus side is that you can max out your mags and rapid fire. Decent place to teach your other half to shoot.

Is OGC range open yet or still in the process?

i personally don't buy the situation where the bad guy is trying to grab the gun from you and one of your options is to eject the mag rendering the pistol disabled.
No doubt.
When someone's going for your firearm, you're more than likely not thinking of rendering it useless. First reaction is defensive/evasive or pulling the trigger.

anybody know of any good online ammo stores that sell defensive ammo at decent prices? i want federal hst or speer gold dots. 9mm, .40, or .45 in 50rd boxes. i buy bulk 500rd or 1000rd boxes.

i know of SGammo, ammotogo, and natchezss.

Give ammoengine.com a try. :wink1:

Hey fellow freaks! Newb here. I usually don't venture into the this section of the board, but found the thread while doing a search. I didn't have the time to go back through all 200 pages, but I was wondering if you guys had any recommendations as far as where I should be focusing my weapon research.

I'm looking for a gun that serves two purposes for me. Number one is home defense. I have wanted something for home protection for over a year now and we've had a couple of weird instances in my neighborhood recently that has caused me to go into research mode again. My secondary reason for wanting a gun is basically for plinking. I've got some really good memories from just sitting around with my brother/dad/cousin just doing target shooting.

Few points of interest that may affect recommendation: I live in a small, close-quarters, single-family home by myself. I have neighbors basically on all sides, however the closest is at least 20 yards away. I don't think over-penetration is a huge concern but I could be way wrong. I've never fired a gun before (the plinking mentioned above was always with bb guns), so I've definitely got to hit a range/possibly take a course before I ever decide on purchasing anything.

Because of the aforementioned plinking, I'm leaning towards buying a small rifle. I'm not opposed to owning a handgun or shotgun, but they are not as appealing to me as a rifle for a first-purchase even though I do believe they hold more advantages for home defense. This could easily change once I get some time behind a gun though.

Any suggestions? Budget isn't a huge concern.

I highly recommend a handgun to serve both your requirements. The simple reason is that it's much easier to defend small quarters such as a home when holding a handgun. With practice you can shoot it with one hand and still get decent accuracy at short ranges. A rifle/shotgun is certainly fun on a range, however, for home defense, they are a little more work to manipulate compared to a handgun. A .223 chambered AR15 definitely has the capability to penetrate walls which is something to consider when living with neighbors so close to you.

My recommendation is a 9mm or .40 caliber, but since this is your first gun, lean more towards a 9.
No, they will not give you the stopping power of a .45, but they have an advantage in that they can hold more rounds in the magazine compared to a .45 without getting into fancy hi-cap magazines.

It's also cheaper to buy 9 and .40 ammo compared to the .45 for those times when you want to take the handgun plinking.

As far as which manufacturer to purchase, let your hand make the decision. Ergonomics is very important. The handgun should have a very natural feel when you aim, so try different types.

Happy hunting.

Back