Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL why would you buy 40 when you can get 45? and id go with sig or HK over s&w.

Easy, the .40 is two guns in one. All I need to do is swap out the barrel and I have a 9mm. I also already own some very nice 1911's. Personally they are my favorite 45's on the planet.

Forgot to add I get 5 more rounds in the .40.

Last edited:
LOL why would you buy 40 when you can get 45? and id go with sig or HK over s&w.

This is probably a subjective choice by the user. I prefer my Smith and Wesson over my Glock, but I know too many people that would pistol whip me for saying that. Also, I'd go with a Sig before an HK (unless it was a P7).

~~Does anybody remember the .45 GAP? Is that still around? I remember a gun shop salesman pushing it because it was the new freshness, and was "better than the .45. ACP."

This is probably a subjective choice by the user. I prefer my Smith and Wesson over my Glock, but I know too many people that would pistol whip me for saying that. Also, I'd go with a Sig before an HK (unless it was a P7)"

Our Capital Police Department had 300 officers try both the glock and the M&P. They voted for the M&P.

Ok, stupid questions from a gun collecting noob. I just bought an Panther Oracle AR-15 5.56/.223

It came with cheap grey magazines and I would like to replace them. Can I pick up any 5.56/.223 magazines, or do they need to be gun or manufacturer specific?

Ok, stupid questions from a gun collecting noob. I just bought an Panther Oracle AR-15 5.56/.223

It came with cheap grey magazines and I would like to replace them. Can I pick up any 5.56/.223 magazines, or do they need to be gun or manufacturer specific?

They are widely interchangeable. But it is best to verify that with whomever you buy them from.

I own the same rifle good choice but as far as magazines go as long as they are AR-15/M4/M16 compatible and are made to fit 5.5.6/.223 they should work in your gun.

The primary thing is when it comes down to feeding issues. All magazines are not created equally and you usually get what you pay for. For plinking and what not my preferred magazine to buy are the magpul pmags a little pricey when compared to stock metal AR-15 style magazines you can buy in bulk but they are worth it to me.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-MGMPI210BLK

IMG_0300.jpg

edit: decided to throw in a picture of my DPMS Oracle AR-15 for fun all that has been modified is a 9 inch Daniel Defense omega rail and I still have a magpul vert grip just for plinking fun. The sights arnt on it in this one due to them being used on a separate rifle at the moment but they are just plane old MBUS sights.

Last edited:
I own the same rifle good choice but as far as magazines go as long as they are AR-15/M4/M16 compatible and are made to fit 5.5.6/.223 they should work in your gun.

The primary thing is when it comes down to feeding issues. All magazines are not created equally and you usually get what you pay for. For plinking and what not my preferred magazine to buy are the magpul pmags a little pricey when compared to stock metal AR-15 style magazines you can buy in bulk but they are worth it to me.

https://www.cheaperthandirt.com/product/2-MGMPI210BLK

awesome, thanks for the tip. They are now ordered. Love the site too, looks like I am going to be spending a lot of money there.

Last edited:
edit: decided to throw in a picture of my DPMS Oracle AR-15 for fun all that has been modified is a 9 inch Daniel Defense omega rail and I still have a magpul vert grip just for plinking fun. The sights arnt on it in this one due to them being used on a separate rifle at the moment but they are just plane old MBUS sights.

Here's mine. Haven't had a chance to fire a round out of it yet.

IMG_6584.jpg

Our Capital Police Department had 300 officers try both the glock and the M&P. They voted for the M&P.
Both shoot great IMO, but I never liked the way Glocks feel in my hand. I bought a Gen 4 after shooting a friend's, and because they have the interchangeable backstraps now. The M&P just fits me smooth as butter.

I like Beretta better than Glock.

:eek:

See bottom right of my sig.

Both shoot great IMO, but I never liked the way Glocks feel in my hand. I bought a Gen 4 after shooting a friend's, and because they have the interchangeable backstraps now. The M&P just fits me smooth as butter.

See bottom right of my sig.

Sure I will take some heat here but whatever. Every novice wants a glock because it's " cool". Sure it's a nice weapon. However the tactical community has moved on. Glock is no longer the end all be all and hasn't been for a while.

Back