Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sold some transformers toys and got the other half of the money for the Glock 17 I got on layaway at my LGS. But don't want to pick it up until I pay off my GP100 I have on lawaway at budsgunshop. Hopefully by August I can put a M&P45 on layaway and when they release the HK45c in FDE it will be my last purchase, I think I'm done with hand guns after that.

Went to SEC a couple hours ago to pick up some ammo. decided to ask one of the guys if they heard or knew anything about the glock gen 4 problems. I was speaking to the chubbier guy with glasses and told him about the erratic ejection with my Gen 4 FDE glock 19 and how it throws casings back at me. He basically told me im probably not shooting properly or holding the gun firm enough. I told him ive had a couple others shoot it as well and witnessed them getting hit by brass as well. He still stood by his stance that it "had" to be improper technique and told me that his glocks hit him in the head too when he's 'tired' or 'messing around'.

I kind of wanted to slap him in his face since he was basically telling me that I can't even hold a freakin 9mm properly even when I was telling him ive never had a problem with any other gun I own. I swear to god it sounds as if glock brainwashed these fools or he's making commission to protect them or something. Basically dismissed all the problems ive had and read about online. Kind of left a sour taste in my mouth, and if it wasnt for their decent prices on ammo, i'd probably never go their again since OGC has the best prices on firearms for me.

Went to SEC a couple hours ago to pick up some ammo. decided to ask one of the guys if they heard or knew anything about the glock gen 4 problems. I was speaking to the chubbier guy with glasses and told him about the erratic ejection with my Gen 4 FDE glock 19 and how it throws casings back at me. He basically told me im probably not shooting properly or holding the gun firm enough. I told him ive had a couple others shoot it as well and witnessed them getting hit by brass as well. He still stood by his stance that it "had" to be improper technique and told me that his glocks hit him in the head too when he's 'tired' or 'messing around'.

I kind of wanted to slap him in his face since he was basically telling me that I can't even hold a freakin 9mm properly even when I was telling him ive never had a problem with any other gun I own. I swear to god it sounds as if glock brainwashed these fools or he's making commission to protect them or something. Basically dismissed all the problems ive had and read about online. Kind of left a sour taste in my mouth, and if it wasnt for their decent prices on ammo, i'd probably never go their again since OGC has the best prices on firearms for me.

:lol I think I know who you're talking about. The only time I talked to him is when I picked up my sig and he was doing the final paper work. I forgot what questions I asked him but he didn't know any and had to ask the other guys.

Yeah, funny thing is that when I was purchasing my HK45 some of them asked me why don't I save some money and buy a glock, XD or M&P and use the extra money for upgrade parts or even buy 2 guns vs buying 1 HK.

BTW, have you shot your glock yet with the new extractor in it?

:lol I think I know who you're talking about. The only time I talked to him is when I picked up my sig and he was doing the final paper work. I forgot what questions I asked him but he didn't know any and had to ask the other guys.

Yeah, funny thing is that when I was purchasing my HK45 some of them asked me why don't I save some money and buy a glock, XD or M&P and use the extra money for upgrade parts or even buy 2 guns vs buying 1 HK.

BTW, have you shot your glock yet with the new extractor in it?

oh yeah forgot to update you on that. i did shoot it finally last saturday with the lonewolf extractor installed. still had casings hit me, so a few days later i called glock and got them to email me a return shipping label to get the gun looked at. im also going to have them instal factory night sights while it's there for 60 bucks.

I should have listened to this guy

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7aCYMCti0Y&list=UUWCt5sJIDEqp2gDyDDUETGA&index=2&feature=plcp[/ame]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annot...&src_vid=l7aCYMCti0Y&feature=iv&v=AFTVCs32sU0

oh yeah forgot to update you on that. i did shoot it finally last saturday with the lonewolf extractor installed. still had casings hit me, so a few days later i called glock and got them to email me a return shipping label to get the gun looked at. im also going to have them instal factory night sights while it's there for 60 bucks.

I should have listened to this guy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7aCYMCti0Y&list=UUWCt5sJIDEqp2gDyDDUETGA&index=2&feature=plcp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?annot...&src_vid=l7aCYMCti0Y&feature=iv&v=AFTVCs32sU0

Thanks for sharing, and damn that sucks. Cool that they gave the option to install night sights. Is it glock night sights or trijicon? Are they gonna replace the extractor? Or inspect it first? Don't forget to give us feedback after its done.

Just came back from SEC and picked up some gold dots 147 grain Home defense and practice ammo and put $200 more towards the G17.

I was told the same ____ when I tried to get it fixed. Either I didn't know how to properly shoot, or I was shooting crappy bulk ammo. Despite me objecting to both they would not concede that the Gen 4 has problems. I let several other people shoot it....my neighbor happens to be a Marine and is a shooting instructor, and another friend that was in the Army. Both guys have more knowledge about guns and shooting than I ever will. They both experienced the same thing.

Even tho I had some brass thrown to my head with my glock 19 gen 4, still at my LGS with the new ejector installed but still waiting for the urgrade connecting dot. I still went ahead and bought another glock 17 gen 4. I'm sure glock will fix it if there is a problem. I know it's a hassle at first but even HK, Sigs etc has its troubles. And yes I agree Glock is not handling it too well as they should.

Still haven't decided on my first gun but I went to the range today and finally got to shoot the Beretta 92fs. I also got to shoot a baby Eagle and the FNP-45. I think I really like the FNP the most so far. I've yet to shoot anything Sig or HK yet. They're still waiting on their shipment of range guns from those to come in. So far the FNP is tops on my list.

Even tho I had some brass thrown to my head with my glock 19 gen 4, still at my LGS with the new ejector installed but still waiting for the urgrade connecting dot. I still went ahead and bought another glock 17 gen 4. I'm sure glock will fix it if there is a problem. I know it's a hassle at first but even HK, Sigs etc has its troubles. And yes I agree Glock is not handling it too well as they should.

did you get to shoot your mk25 yet?

A little gift that my wife got from her grandfather when he passed away.

DSC02554.jpg

Ruger Mark I 22 Long Rifle circa 1962. At least, 1962 is when it was stamped with a serial number and shipped. The website says it could have been produced years before that as they were not given serial numbers until they shipped and sometimes they sat for years in the warehouse before that happened.

Anyway, this pistol is at least 50 years old. I stripped it and cleaned it up for my wife today. I had to download the user manual from Ruger's archive. Cool that they still had it.

Her mom has a little Rigarmi Brascia .25. I'll clean that one up for her tomorrow.

Last edited:
I am looking for the manual for the Rigarmi Brescia 6.35 (.25). I have all but exhausted my on-line resources. If anyone happens to know of a resource for something this obscure, it would be greatly appreciated.

did you get to shoot your mk25 yet?

Not yet, I'm gonna put a few more hundred rounds through the G19 and the same with the G17 first before I play with the MK25

A little gift that my wife got from her grandfather when he passed away.

DSC02554.jpg

Ruger Mark I 22 Long Rifle circa 1962. At least, 1962 is when it was stamped with a serial number and shipped. The website says it could have been produced years before that as they were not given serial numbers until they shipped and sometimes they sat for years in the warehouse before that happened.

Anyway, this pistol is at least 50 years old. I stripped it and cleaned it up for my wife today. I had to download the user manual from Ruger's archive. Cool that they still had it.

Her mom has a little Rigarmi Brascia .25. I'll clean that one up for her tomorrow.

Nice, Never new the MKI was produced that long ago. Still the best models out there in .22, love my MKIII model

I have been wanting to pick up a MK III for target shooting, my wife getting this one allows me to put that off for a little while.

i received my Surefire MB556K muzzle brake today! now i just have to get my barrel threaded and have a smith install it for me. can't wait!!

i received my Surefire MB556K muzzle brake today! now i just have to get my barrel threaded and have a smith install it for me. can't wait!!

what are you putting it on? Im close to getting one for my Larue OBR.

I ordered some Nill Grips for my P7 today. I'm sad because they're specialty ordered and won't arrive until the first of September. That's alright because I'm going to send the gun away to get refinished before that so everything should be in-hand around the same time.
bfkls1.jpg

Last edited:
Because of all the people recently screaming for gun control I went to the range this morning and shot a good 300 rounds between the HK and M&P pistol. I love the smell of spent casings in the morning.

Back