Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whats your price range?

A 1911 is anywhere from $500-$3000 with many good models in the $1000-$1400 range.

Price isn't a option, if it's expensive but worth it I'll buy it. Just want to get a great .45

Shot a buddies H&K .45 today and that was real nice.

Price isn't a option, if it's expensive but worth it I'll buy it. Just want to get a great .45

Then that depends on what you want to do with it.

Suppressor host? Range toy? Planning on carrying it?

Prefer a accessory rail for lights and lasers?

Do you like single action triggers like 1911's or DA/SA like Sigs and HK's?

Then that depends on what you want to do with it.

Suppressor host? Range toy? Planning on carrying it?

Prefer a accessory rail for lights and lasers?

Do you like single action triggers like 1911's or DA/SA like Sigs and HK's?

I like the thought of being able to equip a suppressor or laser perhaps.

I have subcompact 9mm SA and H&K and love them.

Are the Glock .45's worth a look?

anyone?

Not hung up on a 1911 but I want a good .45

Kimber makes great 1911s. I have a Kimber Custom II that is fantastic. The Kimber Eclipse is also supposed to be good. My understanding is that all the Kimbers are about the same -- just a few extra features the higher priced they get. Solid weapons. Highly recommended for a high quality, durable 1911.

The HK45, HK45c (compact version), HK45ct (compact tactical -- with a threaded barrel), and HK USPc .45 are all great -- depending on exactly what features you're looking for. The USP series doesn't have standard rails, so lasers and lights are easier to use on the HK45 series. I want to get a tactical version.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
I just found a bunch of my old M4 mags I had from my days playing Ranger games in the Army, 22 of them are 30 rds as well as 5 20 rds (jump mags). Most of them have the "Restricted" stamp, I like finding stuff.

I'd love to hold this in my hands and squeeze.
Sexy and curvaceous.
I think I'm in love.

griffion5.jpg

The blonde ain't bad either.

My shootin buddy has a glock 21. It's a very reliable weapon. Especially if you're like him and only clean your guns after roughly 1000 rounds. Seriously, he's horrible. I'm debating adding a 22lr semi auto to my collection. Right now I'm leaning towards the ruger sr22. I'm primarily a revolver guy but I want to get my wife going to the range with me and she likes the semi autos best. Does anyone own one or have any other suggestions? I'm on a bit of a budget so I wanna keep this in the 300 dollar range. Any tips are appreciated.

So I went yesterday and held and tested several 1911, other .45's and glocks. I decided to go with the Glock 9mm line, all my other handguns save the GP 100 are chambered in 9mm so keep with the same cal I figured. Have orders in for a G19 and G26 both 4th gen.

Can anyone tell me the best place to get accessories for the Glock?

So I went yesterday and held and tested several 1911, other .45's and glocks. I decided to go with the Glock 9mm line, all my other handguns save the GP 100 are chambered in 9mm so keep with the same cal I figured. Have orders in for a G19 and G26 both 4th gen.

Can anyone tell me the best place to get accessories for the Glock?

You got good taste bro! GP100 and glocks in nines. I got a 19 standard sights and 17 with nigh sights. As for accessories theres a lot of online sellers, just google it. I just browsed around but didn't buy anything yet. As for 1911, I own a Springfield armory loaded model. I just had to have one in my arsenal. The other two .45 I own is HK45 and HK45ct (check this out if you want to add a can on it)

Cant argue about you owning 9mm, I know people talk down on it :lol (who cares) I also got a P226 MK25 and a PPQ on layaway right now.

You got good taste bro! GP100 and glocks in nines. I got a 19 standard sights and 17 with nigh sights. As for accessories theres a lot of online sellers, just google it. I just browsed around but didn't buy anything yet. As for 1911, I own a Springfield armory loaded model. I just had to have one in my arsenal. The other two .45 I own is HK45 and HK45ct (check this out if you want to add a can on it)

Cant argue about you owning 9mm, I know people talk down on it :lol (who cares) I also got a P226 MK25 and a PPQ on layaway right now.

What can I say I love my handguns in 9, if SHTF it won't be hard to find 9mm ammo.

I saw a H&K CT .45 at my GS looks really sweet and if it's half as nice as my H&K P2000SK then I'm sure I'd love it but it's a $$$ gun and I was able to get both glocks for less then the H&K. I also need to get a .22 training gun for my wife and son, but that's for another day lol.

What can I say I love my handguns in 9, if SHTF it won't be hard to find 9mm ammo.

I saw a H&K CT .45 at my GS looks really sweet and if it's half as nice as my H&K P2000SK then I'm sure I'd love it but it's a $$$ gun and I was able to get both glocks for less then the H&K. I also need to get a .22 training gun for my wife and son, but that's for another day lol.

Yeah, when I was purchasing my HK45 the sales people was even telling me another option with the money I will be spending that I could buy 2 pistols, glocks or even M&P but I was already set on purchasing it.

I own a Ruger Mark III comp model with side slab. Awesome .22 plinker. But since it does not have the traditional slides it wouldn't be good for training purposes.

DK you know of a good carry holster for the G26? So much stuff to choose from in that market I wanna get it as close to right the first buy.

DK you know of a good carry holster for the G26? So much stuff to choose from in that market I wanna get it as close to right the first buy.

Sorry bro, it's illegal to carry in Hawaii. But check out glockforum. I'm not registered but I browse there because they got a iPhone app for it. That may help.

I bought a crossbreed IWB for my 26. Works great but I'm thinking of switching to a Sig 938 and going pocket carry instead.

Back