Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've got a K98 and Walther P38. I'm hopefully going to have an M1 Garand in my collection someday.

Very cool.

I just got a pretty fair condition Model 1884 US Springfield last week. Ironically enough I am looking into an M1 Garand as well and was thinking this would be my next piece.

Holy moly. $1100 for a Glock is ridiculous ... $400-$500 in the US. If you're going to spend that much, might as well get an HK (or a Desert Eagle). Even the HK45 is less than $1K (though some of the seriously badass expert and tactical HK USPs can be $1500 or up).

SnakeDoc

Its the same with other guns, prices are to high... :(

Is anyone on here into antique gun collecting?

I have this old rifle, no idea what rifle is :D

dsc09809.jpg

^^^Indeed. I've had mine for about 5 years now, but have only used it once. :cuckoo:

you don't live in as a restricted state as i do. once i get the final COE i will still be able order online ammo after Feb 2011 (AB962 bill) and the 1-30 day handgun rule will not apply to me. :hi5:

today i got an email from our sysadmin about a print job i sent last friday. uh oh.

last friday night i attempted to print a 2010 product catalog from S&W's fine line of firearms. for some technical reason it did not print out. i deleted (or so i thought) the print job. apparently it got stuck over the weekend and prevented any jobs after it from processing. it just so happened that the company owner needed to print something urgently earlier this morning. ack!

luckily i'm in good standing with people at my workplace so it wasn't taken over the top since i heard one lady was somehow "upset" at the content. in any case i brought this matter up with my department's director and my manager. they were both very understanding about it. i was just told not to do it again. :slap

If something is left to you in a person's will, I think the word of the object is bequest. Or is it bequeath? Someone help me out, here.

My understanding is as follows (from a single law school class in wills and estates about a decade ago) ...

Bequeath is a verb. Bequest is a noun. Someone bequeaths you a firearm when they die. The firearm itself is a bequest.

... I think.

SnakeDoc

today i got an email from our sysadmin about a print job i sent last friday. uh oh.

last friday night i attempted to print a 2010 product catalog from S&W's fine line of firearms. for some technical reason it did not print out. i deleted (or so i thought) the print job. apparently it got stuck over the weekend and prevented any jobs after it from processing. it just so happened that the company owner needed to print something urgently earlier this morning. ack!

luckily i'm in good standing with people at my workplace so it wasn't taken over the top since i heard one lady was somehow "upset" at the content. in any case i brought this matter up with my department's director and my manager. they were both very understanding about it. i was just told not to do it again. :slap

Consider the times as they are right now...you are lucky it didn't make it to the attention of the Department of Homeland Security...

and I am not sure, but I think I might not be exaggerating about that.

i somewhat agree with you which is why i brought it up immediately to my supervisors when i was told what had happened.

My understanding is as follows (from a single law school class in wills and estates about a decade ago) ...

Bequeath is a verb. Bequest is a noun. Someone bequeaths you a firearm when they die. The firearm itself is a bequest.

... I think.

SnakeDoc

Thanks, Doc!

Weirdos in the gun thread talking about bequeathing! :lecture:rotfl

I don't see anything wrong with adding this to the thread. I broke down and purchased a Microtech Halo last week. I wanted to get myself a fancy auto blade and this is one of the ones I kept coming across per recommendations. It won't arrive until later this week or early next week so all I have to show is the factory photo from the site I ordered it from. I went with the Tanto edge with partial serrations in black.

i3f6f5.jpg

I plan on getting another knife before the year's end. I had the pleasure of meeting one of the owners of Spartan blades at a gun show and was impressed with the products they have created. It was also great to shoot the crap with a couple of former military guys. I think I'm going to get the "Ares" knife for when I go out camping/hiking/bike riding.
dqt15h.jpg

I don't see anything wrong with adding this to the thread. I broke down and purchased a Microtech Halo last week. I wanted to get myself a fancy auto blade and this is one of the ones I kept coming across per recommendations. It won't arrive until later this week or early next week so all I have to show is the factory photo from the site I ordered it from. I went with the Tanto edge with partial serrations in black.

I carry a Smith & Wesson "Homeland Security" model pretty much everywhere I go.

CK212.jpg

I also have a Puma Protec that's a little more compact (the S&W doesn't really work with slacks).

I've been wanting to get a Microtech Halo or Microtech Combat Troodon ...

t_microtech%20OTF%20knife%20combat%20trodon%20de%20dlc%20pln%20serr..jpg

How much did the Halo run you? Where'd you get it?

SnakeDoc

I have some final tests tomorow, "examen psicofísico" and basic shooting. Im really nervous...

If everything is ok i`ll buy a Glock next month :) Still dont know if i`ll get a 17 or a 19.

Back