Gun collecting

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I seriously cannot get a Glock in my town. You can buy used ones but they are all pre-cop guns and are used all to hell. Only police can buy new glocks where I live and if you try to order one from a online store and have it sent here then they'll refuse it. But no skin off my teeth,like you said the XD is equally as good if not better.

That's odd, where are you Kommiefornia? :monkey2

And your XD jammed, seriously?! :horror Limp wristed, maybe? :dunno

That's odd, where are you Kommiefornia? :monkey2

And your XD jammed, seriously?! :horror Limp wristed, maybe? :dunno

lol
actually i'm in alabama. the rest of the state sells new glocks just this town caters only to law enforcement.

also it definitely was a jam. maybe i didn't oil it enough last time i cleaned it?

well, here's an update. 3 of the 4 pistols i ordered are at my FFL. :D just waiting for the 4th to ship.

btw, i've been checking out the kahr pistols. a bit pricey but they're pretty neat for what they are. they're popular for CCWs.

well, here's an update. 3 of the 4 pistols i ordered are at my FFL. :D just waiting for the 4th to ship.

btw, i've been checking out the kahr pistols. a bit pricey but they're pretty neat for what they are. they're popular for CCWs.

I just like the way they look,kinda like something a spy or secret agent would carry.

Does anyone know how long it takes an item to ship from an online gun store to your FFL? Preferably from Armalite?
Someone told me Armalite takes 2 years to ship you a rifle but I doubt the truth to that answer.

i order my guns from budsgunshop.com. it takes less than two weeks to arrive to my FFL dealer. are you special ordering?

6.8, nice round; but not cheap to shoot. :monkey4

Indeed,but it is just so much of a superior round than the 5.56 or 7.62. More powerful than the 5.56 and less recoil than the 7.62.I guess it's the same reason why I prefer the 40 S&W to the 9mm or .45.

Also with some modification you could make your AR-15 fire the 6.8 and still have that great design and comfort of the AR-15 but be shooting a far better round than the 5.56.

Placed an order for a Gen 4 Glock 17 yesterday. First pistol I have bought in a while. Wanted something bigger than a 9mm but, this is mostly for the wife.

When I go back to pick it up, also picking up a Mossberg Persuader.

Held a Springfield XDM while I was in the shop. Nice pistol. Might have to sweet talk the misses a little more.

Buddygus, you might want to make sure you do a good couple hundred round test fire on the Gen 4 prior to trusting it as a weapon for self defense. There have been multiple reports of issues with the new spring setup in the Gen 4's.

My wife uses a Glock 17c, she has no difficulty manipulating the slide or stripping it down for cleaning; good choice, but as was mentioned watch the new recoil spring system.

i watched the Captain America movie trailer again. i love that scene when he uses a GI issued 1911!

captain-america-the-first-avenger.jpg

here's mine. :D

P1040744.jpg

P1040745.jpg

P1040746.jpg

update: i added an MOE vertical grip to my rifle. it's nice to have another option of holding it.

P1040747.jpg

P1040748.jpg

I love guns but am not a good shot with high caliber pistols. Practiced with the 40 S&W for awhile then got alittle aggravated and just had fun with my .22 for the rest of the time.

I love guns but am not a good shot with high caliber pistols. Practiced with the 40 S&W for awhile then got alittle aggravated and just had fun with my .22 for the rest of the time.

Don't feel too bad, quite a few find the 40 to be more snappy than a 9 and 45; one reason I don't really care to much for the caliber. The 45 is more of a push than a flip; and a 9 does just fine for me - the two calibers I roll with. :pigfly:

CLU, your level of training can play a big part in your shooting ability. A .22 pistol shoots no different from a .40 if you are doing the fundementals correctly. Recoil, etc can/is mitigated by proper training and technique.

CLU, your level of training can play a big part in your shooting ability. A .22 pistol shoots no different from a .40 if you are doing the fundementals correctly. Recoil, etc can/is mitigated by proper training and technique.

I know what you mean and you're right but I handle pistols perfectly fine and have used them since I was 9 but just never became very good with the larger calibers.

I'm great with high powered rifles like my 7.62 or my shooting partner's .338 winchester.

I'm practicing alot with the 40 S&W and my .45.

Back