Han in Carbonite 1/6!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I might be the only person here that doesn't want this piece to have electronics. I think lights would cheapen the piece.

I don't think it would cheapen it but I don't really care if there are lights or not either. I doubt I would ever turn them on anyway.

I hardly think Sideshow would give us a flat light-up block like Hasbro :lol

I think having some LEDs on the side of the block would be cool. Doesn't have to be overly distracting if on or off, but I think it would add a lot to the piece. I don't think they should bother with trying to recreate the warming though... I think MR could have done that, but not sure if Sideshow would want to tackle something like that.

I recall an interview with Sideshow about a hypothetical Han in Carbonite which stated they would do it in polystone without electronics.

I've never seen the light up Iron Man Maquettes in person, but in pictures I think cheap plastic covers on the light up parts makes it look a little cheap, especially when its off.

I'm primarily concerned with a light shining onto the block from the environment to replicate the look in Jabba's palace more than the panel lights, you'd have to get close for them to take effect, but a display light would have impact from anywhere in the room.

I'm primarily concerned with a light shining onto the block from the environment to replicate the look in Jabba's palace more than the panel lights, you'd have to get close for them to take effect, but a display light would have impact from anywhere in the room.

That kind of lighting I'd go for. The little panel lights don't interest me at all.

For me, the first image in my head of Han in Carbonite if it comes up is him in Jabba's palace with that triangle of light from his head to the bottom of the slab from the overhead spotlight.

amani2.jpg

HanSoloFrozenInCarbonite.jpg

I want panel lights too :monkey2

I'd like that too. There's a hierarchy for me.

1. Display light and panel lights
2. Display light
3. Panel lights
4. No lights

I'm getting this piece no matter what, but if I get scenario 1 or 2, I'll be REALLY happy.

I agree... those lights I would love. The panel ones I don't care either way.

Now are we expecting this to go on sale tomorrow? I haven't purchased much lately. Are they still using the PPO format?

I really want light up features, like a light up panel. Thats one of the things that really disappointed me about the Han in Carbonite that came with the Slave 1 in 80 or 81. It had no lights. I figured that it was just because it was too small, so I think I may have painted lights on it. The glowing Han would also be really cool, so long as it still looks right when unlit, but I don't care about a display light, because I already have lamps in my room.

Has anyone addressed this? I thought I did be great if the 'Han in carbonite' slab is detachable from the wall (presumably it being part of the set-up), with the inclusion of a stand that could lift it "in mid-air" and be displayed horizontally.

Last edited:
What ever material it is made off, whether it has lights or not, Sideshow better doesn't punish us with a absurd price tag for this one, like they did with Jabba's throne. I'm sure Sideshow will make this a nice piece, it's the price that they'll might be asking that really concerns me.

What ever material it is made off, whether it has lights or not, Sideshow better doesn't punish us with a absurd price tag for this one, like they did with Jabba's throne. I'm sure Sideshow will make this a nice piece, it's the price that they'll might be asking that really concerns me.

I hope its not more than $150...:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back