Han in Carbonite 1/6!!!!!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang, the only thing worse than having to wait until Thursday to order this is having to wait until probably May to get it.

Theres no possibly way the item will be made of plastic, is there? I just can't imagine it being anything but polystone.
I don't think Sideshow can cast polystone slightly transparent. A clear resin would be the only upscale way to go other then glass.
If it won't have light up features then they could go polystone, but I don't think it would look as good.

The carbonite block can be polystone with LEDs. You make each panel on it a separate piece of plastic or whatever to house the bulbs with the wiring coming out of the polystone like other polystone lit pieces they do.

The carbonite block can be polystone with LEDs. You make each panel on it a separate piece of plastic or whatever to house the bulbs with the wiring coming out of the polystone like other polystone lit pieces they do.

Putting electronics in polystone isn't the real issue, it's weather polystone can achieve that slightly transparent smoky brown color of the Carbonite. I don't think Polystone can achieve that look.

Putting electronics in polystone isn't the real issue, it's weather polystone can achieve that slightly transparent smoky brown color of the Carbonite. I don't think Polystone can achieve that look.

I'm not sure what look you speak of, to me the carbonite block's always been a graphite type of color, looks fine in the prototype.

I think I might be the only person here that doesn't want this piece to have electronics. I think lights would cheapen the piece.

I think I might be the only person here that doesn't want this piece to have electronics. I think lights would cheapen the piece.

Interesting, can you give examples of how lights have cheapend other pieces.

I have liked there inclusion when it's necessary, eg. GG Darth Vader's light up base

Interesting, can you give examples of how lights have cheapend other pieces.

I have liked there inclusion when it's necessary, eg. GG Darth Vader's light up base

Maybe I used the word incorrectly. I want a solid piece without large holes in them filled with cheap wiring and electronics.

I'd rather it not have light up functions too. I hardly ever use them and I'd rather not have to pay extra for it, especially for something like this. If it were 1/4 scale then that would be different.

I'm not sure what look you speak of, to me the carbonite block's always been a graphite type of color, looks fine in the prototype.

:lecture Agreed. The only brown slightly transparent ones I can think of are the little Hasbro carbonite blocks, and I don't give them high marks for accuracy.

:lecture Agreed. The only brown slightly transparent ones I can think of are the little Hasbro carbonite blocks, and I don't give them high marks for accuracy.

Actually the only browner blocks I can think of are the vintage Kenner blocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back