Hannibal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When reached by BuzzFeed News, Hannibal's executive producer Martha De Laurentiis confirmed that the show's producers will try to revive it elsewhere.
I hope a cable channel picks it up!!!!

Really bummed this got axed. I just hope they wrapped things up again this season if they can't get it picked up elsewhere. I'd almost rather have had the show end at the end of Season 2 than not get a decent conclusion this season.

I wonder if this will affect ThreeZero's plans for the show. They seemed to have picked up the license, I wonder if they'll even bother now :(

Terrible news. I guess I'm alone in liking all the artsy fartsy stuff, including the dissonant music. Like I've mentioned before, it all adds another layer to the storytelling, so the show is more complex because of it making it stand out from the crowd. It's the kind of show where you would probably pick up new things every time you watched it.

Oh well. Maybe some other network will pick it up. I would hope they can at least tie up some loose ends so the 3 seasons feel like a complete story. I mean, can you imagine if they HAD cancelled it last season and it ended with everyone having been slashed by Hannibal?!

Terrible news. I guess I'm alone in liking all the artsy fartsy stuff, including the dissonant music. Like I've mentioned before, it all adds another layer to the storytelling, so the show is more complex because of it making it stand out from the crowd. It's the kind of show where you would probably pick up new things every time you watched it.

Oh well. Maybe some other network will pick it up. I would hope they can at least tie up some loose ends so the 3 seasons feel like a complete story. I mean, can you imagine if they HAD cancelled it last season and it ended with everyone having been slashed by Hannibal?!

You are not alone.

And Fuller has hinted in the past that there has been interest from other entities if NBC cancelled.

I'm not surprised, Will Graham sucks and he ruins the show. Maybe if they get rid of him they can watch the ratings go up.
I suspect you are in the small minority here, among those who watch and enjoy this show. This show was too outside the mainstream, that was why it was great, and why it wasn't popular. There are exceptions like Game of Thrones, but most of the time creative, thoughtful people are allowed more or less free reign over something, the audience is going to be niche. The message to the networks--continue to pander to the masses, maybe do another reality singing or cooking competition.

Love the show, but it was never going to have a long shelf life.

A lot of the draw was the cat and mouse game between Lecter and Graham. Now that Lecter is on the run, a lot of that has fallen off.

This might be, however, besides Game Of Thrones, the most violent show on TV. That it's on a network and not cable is pretty staggering. The quality of acting esp by the guest stars was off the charts.

The show didn't have the buffer zone in it's ratings to take the risk that it did to start S3 so slowly. S2 was much smarter in that it teased the conflict and built up to it.

'Hannibal' releases Hugh Dancy, Mads Mikkelsen from contracts after cancelation - Zap2it | News & Features

I guess nobody is picking up the show after all.....?

tumblr_inline_npz2jp84vZ1seo1wn_500.gif

noooo-will-ferrell.gif

Oh well. Like I said before, I hope they at least end this season nice and tidy and not leave it as a major cliffhanger like last season.

This show was too good for 'Murica. Those plebeians. :mad:

Epic beating last night.

I'm just going to wait for the dust to settle before I worry about the next season finding a home. Lots of erroneous info out there looking for clicks.

Back