Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince--SPOILERS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

:censored:censored:censored:censored:censored:censored:censored:censored:censored:censored

Crappy news:

In making the announcement, Mr. Horn stated, "Our reasons for shifting 'Half-Blood Prince' to summer are twofold: we know the summer season is an ideal window for a family tent pole release, as proven by the success of our last 'Harry Potter' film, which is the second-highest grossing film in the franchise, behind only the first installment. Additionally, like every other studio, we are still feeling the repercussions of the writers' strike, which impacted the readiness of scripts for other films—changing the competitive landscape for 2009 and offering new windows of opportunity that we wanted to take advantage of. We agreed the best strategy was to move 'Half-Blood Prince' to July, where it perfectly fills the gap for a major tent pole release for mid-summer."

WB President and CEO said:
Our reasons for shifting 'Half-Blood Prince' to summer are twofold: we know the summer season is an ideal window for a family tent pole release, as proven by the success of our last 'Harry Potter' film, which is the second-highest grossing film in the franchise, behind only the first installment. Additionally, like every other studio, we are still feeling the repercussions of the writers' strike, which impacted the readiness of scripts for other films—changing the competitive landscape for 2009 and offering new windows of opportunity that we wanted to take advantage of. We agreed the best strategy was to move 'Half-Blood Prince' to July, where it perfectly fills the gap for a major tent pole release for mid-summer.

You guys suck! :banghead

Man, that truly sucks.

Damn these low interest rates! Used to be that studios wanted to get films out there as quickly as possible so they weren't paying so much in interest on the money borrowed to make the film. But now they don't really lose anything by delaying it.

It is good that there won't be such a huge break between HBP and DH1 though.

It is good that there won't be such a huge break between HBP and DH1 though.

That is the only positive thing I can get out of it... OH well. I guess Doc Who is the only thing I have to really look forward to this Xmas. :lol

I feel like I just ate an earwax flavored Bertie Botts Every Flavor Bean. :sick

How the heck do they think EIGHT FREAKING MONTHS is an acceptable delay. A month or two yes, but heck, its almost a year away now instead of 3 months! ARRRRAAAGGGGH!

WTF! That's freakin stupid of them. Just to catch the Summer season. I doubt it really even matters when we are talking Harry Potter. :monkey4:monkey4:monkey4

^^^^in Lame! These films are a fall release. They just have that vibe about them. I don't want to see HP in the summer, i wanna see it around halloween or when the leaves are changin.

GAY.

^^^^in Lame! These films are a fall release. They just have that vibe about them. I don't want to see HP in the summer, i wanna see it around halloween or when the leaves are changin.

GAY.

I 100% agree!! Seriously, that is how I like to view them too. Not when it's a million degrees outside. It makes a big difference. I was very disappointed when they did this in the past- very.

What's worse is this is just about getting more money. That's bull, it's HARRY POTTER- it will sell no matter what month it's released.

Last edited:

Totally agree. HP seems more at home during the holiday season.

This was the only thing i was going to see in the theater the rest of the year.

Thanks ^^^^^^^s!!

They should take some time do some reshoots and make the last film over. Go ahead and use much of it, but give the film some f'n heart.

Back