Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince--SPOILERS!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince

Crap!!!
But then it also kinda explains why there's wasn't as much pushing on HP this year at SDCC. I thought it was a bit strange that there was no HP-related panels (if there was, it was so low key I didn't know about them), or huge displays and marketing going on for a film that was supposed to be out in Nov.

This is just dumb. I hope the fans really take it to the movie studio. Utter crap.

Now that I think about it there is a certain movie called Twilight coming out in early December. I wonder if they got cold feet from the apparent competition? :dunno

johnnycashFinger_.jpg

This one's for you, Warner Bros.

This was the only thing i was looking forward to seeing in theaters this holiday season :mad: :banghead :cuss :emperor

This totally stinks! Money, money, money...

They should have ended the press release with a reminder to go and see The Dark Knight one more time while we wait nine months for the next Potter.

I'm curious what J.K. Rowling's thoughts are on this craptastic move.

I'm curious what J.K. Rowling's thoughts are on this craptastic move.

Well, they're doing it to maximize profits and it's not like she's got a cash flow problem...

They do point out that the most successful Potter was released in the summer. It's all about the money.

I just don't understand why such a huge delay. I mean if they were going to do this surely they would have known before the teaser trailers. I just don't see how they were planning on releasing this in Novemeber a week or two ago and now NEXT summer.

The guys at WB need to be fired.

I just don't understand why such a huge delay. I mean if they were going to do this surely they would have known before the teaser trailers. I just don't see how they were planning on releasing this in Novemeber a week or two ago and now NEXT summer.

The guys at WB need to be fired.

This is the time of year when this kind of thing happens. They've had the summer to see what's been successful, evaluate what's in the pipeline and see how films with certain demographics play out on certain dates. Also other studios have set their tentpoles for next year and it's easier to see where there might be an opening.

The Tom Cruise WWII movie that has been pushed back 3 times and was slated for Feb 09 just got moved to Dec 08.

This is the time of year when this kind of thing happens. They've had the summer to see what's been successful, evaluate what's in the pipeline and see how films with certain demographics play out on certain dates. Also other studios have set their tentpoles for next year and it's easier to see where there might be an opening.

The Tom Cruise WWII movie that has been pushed back 3 times and was slated for Feb 09 just got moved to Dec 08.

Moving a feel forward is usually always welcome in my book :D

I just feel that if a release date is announced, it should be honored, or at least within a month of that original date. But 8 months is very extreme!

Like everyone has said, people will see this WHENEVER it is released. Waiting till NEXT summer is just stupid.

Well, they're doing it to maximize profits and it's not like she's got a cash flow problem...

They do point out that the most successful Potter was released in the summer. It's all about the money.

What a crock of bull ^^^^. If they're marketing people had an ounce of common sense they would realize that this was in large part because it released almost the same time as the final book and Potter buzz was outta control. Many people had just reread the books and were looking for anything and everything Potter.

This movie was scheduled just weeks before the Tales of Beedle the Bard was coming out and would have been a great fit with renewed interest in the series.

I will never believe that this isn't more to this.

And I'm not ^^^cing happy

Back