Hasbro Ghostbusters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hasbro gets Ghostbusters license

Personally, I don't understand the nostalgia for the Real Ghostbusters.

I guess if you never had them as a kid, they'd be desirable.

But I did have them as a kid, all of them, and even back then, I remember being extremely disappointed. I didn't want goofy, weird cartoon figures, where Ray was fat and Egon was tall and lanky and had weird white hair. I just wanted toys that looked like they looked in the movie. But they didn't make those, so I settled for what I could get.

The proton stream effect was one of the dumbest, laziest things a toy company ever did. Instead of having the stream detach, it's permanently attached the wands. So when they put the wands on the backpack, which should have been a cool feature, they looked like morons cause they all had these giant streams going straight up. Not only that, it made the wants attach upside down.

Eventually, my brothers and I just said screw it, and cut the stupid streams off. They made much better toys after that.

We didn't have the firehouse, but we had the Ecto 1 and that was and still is a great toy. We had "Green Ghost" and Marshmallow Man too, but didn't get too deep into the line after that. I think I had the Fright Feature Ray, cause I wanted a version of him with the goggles, but of course, those were molded to his head and he had no hole for a proton pack. I don't know what those designers were thinking. They had an opportunity to make great toys but they cheaped out so many times.

I'm much more excited about the movie toys. That's what I've wanted since 1984; not those goofy colored toon versions.

I was more of a fan of the cartoon to begin with, so I preferred the colorful outfits and weapons. The movie colors were dull, imo. The only thing I didn't like were the streams not being detachable. I used to cut them off. :lol

One thing that's kind of impressive about the 4 Kenner ghostbusters, is that they don't share any parts, which is a rarity for big toy companies nowadays.

Anyways, I hope this line doesn't end with the first wave of RGB. Originally, the second wave included the same 6 figures from wave one, plus 3 more ghosts and the ecto-1.

I think the third wave included the fright features figures, which were the most popular, but I didn't like that they didn't came with the proton packs.

I really want a second wave with ecto 1. So many companies like Mattel, Diamond Select, and Mezco have made figures, but no car in scale with the figures. :(

Playbobile made the cars and firehouse and they're awesome, but their figures suck.

I still have the Kenner firehouse, but I'd buy it again if they rerelease it. I doubt they will rerelease such a big item tho.

Given the simplicity of The RGB sculpts, I always wanted to see the line come back ReAction-style. You could literally just shrink them down, and I like to think the smaller scale would allow the line to go deeper.

Personally, I don't understand the nostalgia for the Real Ghostbusters.

I guess if you never had them as a kid, they'd be desirable.

But I did have them as a kid, all of them, and even back then, I remember being extremely disappointed. I didn't want goofy, weird cartoon figures, where Ray was fat and Egon was tall and lanky and had weird white hair. I just wanted toys that looked like they looked in the movie. But they didn't make those, so I settled for what I could get.

The proton stream effect was one of the dumbest, laziest things a toy company ever did. Instead of having the stream detach, it's permanently attached the wands. So when they put the wands on the backpack, which should have been a cool feature, they looked like morons cause they all had these giant streams going straight up. Not only that, it made the wants attach upside down.

Eventually, my brothers and I just said screw it, and cut the stupid streams off. They made much better toys after that.

We didn't have the firehouse, but we had the Ecto 1 and that was and still is a great toy. We had "Green Ghost" and Marshmallow Man too, but didn't get too deep into the line after that. I think I had the Fright Feature Ray, cause I wanted a version of him with the goggles, but of course, those were molded to his head and he had no hole for a proton pack. I don't know what those designers were thinking. They had an opportunity to make great toys but they cheaped out so many times.

I'm much more excited about the movie toys. That's what I've wanted since 1984; not those goofy colored toon versions.

It's definitely dependent on when you were born. I was born in '82, so I knew the movie but I wasn't all about it. But I watch the Real Ghostbusters almost every day. So the cartoon are my Ghostbusters.

At the same time I wasn't old enough to get these actual reproduced Kenner toys. I had the later ones that had all the weird gimmicks with them. I've got the Diamond Select sets and I'm pretty good and done unless someone does Samhain anyway.

I only had Winston from the first wave, so this will be the first time I own the entire first series of figures in their cartoon color jumpsuits. I used to have

First wave Winston
Freight features
Egon
Winston
Rey
Peter
The universal monsters
Frankenstein
Dracula
Mummy
Wolfman
Hunchback
Large yellow slimer ghost
Egon - slimed jumpsuit pink proton pack
Peter - jumpsuit pink proton pack
Rey - pink proton pack
Toilet monster
Ecto 1
Firehouse
Proton pack
Pke meter

Good times.

Just for info two pics of the 1/16 Eaglemoss Ghostbusters figures.

It’s really accurate and in the mood of the movie. Little price and a lot of nostalgia.

fHcRVv7.jpg

If you ever wanted one of the most iconic movie vehicles but didn't have the space for the Blitzway 1/6 one, now is the time.

Tomy who ran the Kickstarter for the DeLorean has said they looked at the Ecto-1, but described how much bigger and more complicated than the DeLorean it is and they didn't think they would produce one.

Mattel tried to produce a 1/12 scale Ecto-1 eleven years ago and failed, and nobody has attempted one since then.

If they reach their goal of 12,000 everyone will get a free GB2 Tully figure, so make sure to preorder early, you will not be charged until after the deadline of November 29th.

If you ever wanted one of the most iconic movie vehicles but didn't have the space for the Blitzway 1/6 one, now is the time.

Tomy who ran the Kickstarter for the DeLorean has said they looked at the Ecto-1, but described how much bigger and more complicated than the DeLorean it is and they didn't think they would produce one.

Mattel tried to produce a 1/12 scale Ecto-1 eleven years ago and failed, and nobody has attempted one since then.

If they reach their goal of 12,000 everyone will get a free GB2 Tully figure, so make sure to preorder early, you will not be charged until after the deadline of November 29th.
Tully only gets unlocked if the 12,000 goal is met within the first two weeks. If they don’t meet it in time, he won’t be included, which will likely kill the entire campaign based on the missed early bird offering Marvel Legends had with the Engine of Vengeance.

The campaign actually ends at 11:59 pm Est December 2, which I is went funds are collected but not before.

i've been monitoring the backers. I'll get the deluxe if Tully is included.
Actually a pretty good deal, 4 ghostbusters with slime blower options, tully, slimer, and library ghost.
7 figures with an Ecto 1 / 1A for 400 is a good deal to me.

Probably still get it if we don't get Tully. Limiting myself to just one and display the GB2 car. Just has more lights and flash to it. Be a shame to not use it. Have plenty of other Ecto-1's... can live without it and save another $325. Glad i didn't buy the last Ecto-1 they made. Looked cheap.

i've been monitoring the backers. I'll get the deluxe if Tully is included.
Actually a pretty good deal, 4 ghostbusters with slime blower options, tully, slimer, and library ghost.
7 figures with an Ecto 1 / 1A for 400 is a good deal to me.

Probably still get it if we don't get Tully. Limiting myself to just one and display the GB2 car. Just has more lights and flash to it. Be a shame to not use it. Have plenty of other Ecto-1's... can live without it and save another $325. Glad i didn't buy the last Ecto-1 they made. Looked cheap.
Better to back now to help unlock Tully and cancel later if you change your mind or Tully doesn’t get included. Too many people have the wait and see approach on these things when the best way to get something unlocked is action early in the campaign.

Tully only gets unlocked if the 12,000 goal is met within the first two weeks. If they don’t meet it in time, he won’t be included, which will likely kill the entire campaign based on the missed early bird offering Marvel Legends had with the Engine of Vengeance.

The campaign actually ends at 11:59 pm Est December 2, which I is went funds are collected but not before.
You are correct.

I knew about the Tully two week goal but forgot to type it, as for the days being off, I'm going to blame it on the excitement of possibly owning a 1/12 Ecto-1. :panic: :lol

Better to back now to help unlock Tully and cancel later if you change your mind or Tully doesn’t get included. Too many people have the wait and see approach on these things when the best way to get something unlocked is action early in the campaign.

Why are there no stretch or tier goals for this Ecto 1 campaign? It’s front loaded with one early bird.

While the project will probably end up getting backed by Dec, it’s not looking good if we’ll get 12,000 for Tully within 2 weeks - about 45% of that goal now.

IIRC, the proton blasters and ghost trap/PKE prop campaigns seemed to be more successful out of the gates - The Ecto1 had an initial quick surge to about 4,500 but moving at a snail’s pace since.

I wonder if it’s due to sticker shock for smaller scale figure collectors - as a 1/6 and up collector, $400 for the Deluxe does not even phase me anymore. :lol

Last edited:
Yea, this is a pretty easy pass for me. Mainly the cost (which in the grand scheme of things is not that bad) and the space. I would love to get both. Good luck to all those wanting this!
I usually don’t collect smaller than sixth scale anymore but I wanted this for the GB2 Ecto 1A look, plus the GB 2 uniforms with slime blowers (and hopefully Tully too).

Disappointed that the light up dot matrix sign is not actually functional.

I think I saw in a video that the Haslab rep say they couldn’t get it functioning with all the LEDs so they compromised by allowing multiple insert sheets that are backlit.

Yeah I ordered the Deluxe the second it went up. I was never a big fan of the 1A and don't collect this scale, but the amount of lights they were able to pack into this is just insane and something you'd only expect to see in a thousand dollar custom.

In fact I'm tempted to get a second for the Ecto 1 look, except for the fact they'd both be charging the same time...

I'm also kinda nervous about the stickers. For them to be reusable they'd have to be very thick, which could seriously hurt the realism.

Back