HBO's Game of Thrones

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spoiler Spoiler:

She already did, she gave her life force away to heal him and bring him back, that's why all of sudden she aged so quickly.

I didn't get that impression. Seemed to me like her necklace allowed her to appear much younger than she actually is.

Yup, that's how I read it. I think they showed us how her power worked to make it easier to buy into how she brings Jon back to life. Methinks Mr. Snow will be sporting a fancy new accessory pretty soon.

Fastest hour on TV.

My Wife and I figured Melisandra was committing witch suicide, seems strange if the amulet is the way Jon is brought back. Has it been too long for life to be breathed back into him like Baric Dondarrion?

Yup, that's how I read it. I think they showed us how her power worked to make it easier to buy into how she brings Jon back to life. Methinks Mr. Snow will be sporting a fancy new accessory pretty soon.

I don't think a amulet will bring him back if that's what your suggesting.

Fastest hour on TV.

My Wife and I figured Melisandra was committing witch suicide, seems strange if the amulet is the way Jon is brought back. Has it been too long for life to be breathed back into him like Baric Dondarrion?

that's what I'm starting to think. That guy was being brought back to life minutes or hours after he died. It seems like it will have been at least a full day for Jon

Has it been too long for life to be breathed back into him like Baric Dondarrion?

Don't get it twisted, you don't spend this much time building up a character to just let him die. Jon Snow has the thickest plot armor of any character ever.

I mean, if he was dead-dead, we wouldn't see him again, like Stannis. He's coming back, it's just a matter of when.

Don't get it twisted, you don't spend this much time building up a character to just let him die. Jon Snow has the thickest plot armor of any character ever.

I mean, if he was dead-dead, we wouldn't see him again, like Stannis. He's coming back, it's just a matter of when.

I'm not saying he's off the show, just saying it may be too late for Melisandras method, not sure.

It has been speculated that...

(Big Spoiler for the uninitiated.)

Spoiler Spoiler:

This is how I took it with Mel.....
Spoiler Spoiler:

So great to have GoT back.

I actually didn't think that the taking off the necklace had anything to do with Snow. I thought that's what she does every now and then when she is alone. I just hope she doesn't use Ghost to bring back Snow.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Was interesting to see Melisandre do a Morgana.
I too wonder if she's going to give her amulet to Jon Snow... She did look very sad and forlorn, maybe it's because she knows what she's got to sacrifice in order to fulfil her vision?

Oh, and where did the hounds go? I thought they were supposed to be these ferocious beasts, and then as soon as Brienne shows up, they're nowhere to be seen.

I'm not sure she looked sad and forlorn....I kind of got the impression she was showing a bit of exhaustion from her own upkeep, so to speak.
Kind of like the necklace afforded her youth and beauty, but took a toll (i.e Frodo and the ring). The price she pays to serve her God. And I don't think
it's gonna have any bearing on how/if Jon is brought back (I think she's gonna resurrect him, but not with the necklace and not by sacrificing herself in the process). Like someone mentioned above, it's just showing another magical 'facet' of her, enforcing
what Davos says about her, something to the effect of 'You haven't seen what I've seen. I've seen what things the red woman can do.'

So great to have GoT back.

I actually didn't think that the taking off the necklace had anything to do with Snow. I thought that's what she does every now and then when she is alone. I just hope she doesn't use Ghost to bring back Snow.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

That's what I thought as well. Maybe I'm interpreting it wrong, but it seemed to me that in the last few scenes that featured Melisandre, some self-doubt had crept in. She was wrong about Stannis, and I'm sure she did not foresee Jon's death. And remember when she first met with Thoros of Myr and saw Beric Dondarrion, she was surprised that Thoros was able to raise Beric, saying "You should not have this power", as if Thoros was not as worthy as her since he wasn't as pious to the Lord of Light.

Obviously, Melisandre still has a part to play in Jon's eventual return (if he indeed does)...

Was it me, or did anyone else notice

Spoiler Spoiler:

Not sure if what you wrote needed to be in spoiler tags, but yes, I noticed. I assumed it had something to do with its power being used, I guess it's in low power mode now. ;)

I love how many different ways that last scene is being interpreted. A little ambiguity can be great for storytelling. (And I'm sure her point of view will be clarified next time.)

Spoiler Spoiler:

I'm not sure she looked sad and forlorn....I kind of got the impression she was showing a bit of exhaustion from her own upkeep, so to speak.
Kind of like the necklace afforded her youth and beauty, but took a toll (i.e Frodo and the ring). The price she pays to serve her God. And I don't think
it's gonna have any bearing on how/if Jon is brought back (I think she's gonna resurrect him, but not with the necklace and not by sacrificing herself in the process). Like someone mentioned above, it's just showing another magical 'facet' of her, enforcing
what Davos says about her, something to the effect of 'You haven't seen what I've seen. I've seen what things the red woman can do.'

That's kind of how I took it as well. I don't see her sacrificing herself for Jon Snow (or anyone). She want's to be around whoever is in power and manipulate the situation to her advantage.

Back