Heath Ledger Joker Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad to see you didn't end up leaving the boards man. Regardless of disagreement no one should be ganged up on and hounded.
It’s not my intention to start or participate in arguments, and I believe you see that at least.

At the end of the day I just want the best I can possibly get. I mean we all spend so much on our collections, why not demand high QC.

I understand not everyone will like what I’ve spent on Ledger’s Joker or my small collection but that is not up to them to decide nor effect. I come to share info as well as stuff I’m passionate about, not to present as debate fuel. I don’t understand why some are so envious of custom work, talented people pulling the weight that companies drop.

I don’t feel a sadness for acknowledging something is better, I aim to get the better product, if I can’t then I move on. Being salty about someone you don’t know or that their opinions don’t reflect yours is a bigger issue than 1:6 collectibles.

It’s not my intention to start or participate in arguments, and I believe you see that at least.

At the end of the day I just want the best I can possibly get. I mean we all spend so much on our collections, why not demand high QC.

I understand not everyone will like what I’ve spent on Ledger’s Joker or my small collection but that is not up to them to decide nor effect. I come to share info as well as stuff I’m passionate about, not to present as debate fuel. I don’t understand why some are so envious of custom work, talented people pulling the weight that companies drop.
I think a lot of people haven't quite realized that HT and Inart are using a lot of the popular artists for some of their recent/upcoming releases. I've been pretty vocal about my disappointment with the 89 2.0 release, but nothing like that happened to me.

Yes bro, all of these companies are trying to get in on a slice of the custom world’s pie.

There’s a reason all of these artists are being swooped up, they’re the best in the world, this is niche. I’m beyond thankful Iris hasn’t agreed to anything that I know of.

I don’t want a single company taking that level away from us.

It's crazy how some people assume we are rich and arrogant because we own customs stuff.
We all come from the same place, it's just that de collect differently...
I'm probably one of the guy with the smallest budget here, I just decided to collect less but better, that's how i'm able to afford these.
Buying less and selling stuff I don't find any interest in anymore.
I really don't get the hate. We might not agree all the time you and me @Nick D but I still respect you and your opinion a lot, you are clearly someone that is very passionate about this and that's what it's all about here.

Personally what I like and seek in customs is the human experience behind it.
Knowing that someone is working hard on your project to deliver a great the product that will end up in your hand is thrilling.
And you can make friendship like that and meet more passionate people and share with them.
Being part of that is amesome.

What happened?
Think it was in the HT imposter Joker board if I recall, but essentially the mention of custom Joker part turns everyone into rabid defenders of whatever copy they own/are picking up. But then that defense quickly turns into justification of said purchase at the expense of another.

I got the Inart sculpted figure, but slowly have been building up a version of different parts/mods. I'm by no means a Ledger Joker enthusiast, but even I can admit that no release is good enough(at least in my eyes) right outta the box. Others are strictly mass release product only. Some custom stuff misses the mark sure, but most are incredible. The mass produced stuff always misses the mark in one way or another imo(or most of the way-looking at you again HT Mace Windu). These things are already expensive and I personally don't understand picking up most, or every release instead of making the ones you really like just that much more impressive or accurate.

Exactly, I want these to look like 1:6 scale art; every little detail covered.

Imo keep the collection small unless you want to go in debt trying to get them all accurate. With a collection under thirty you can manage easily, as well as not have to constantly sell off for new 2.0s.

I’m going for fifteen, just don’t see thirty characters in cinema that I’d go down the expensive rabbit hole of getting just right to be a main stay in the collection. I like companion pieces, the Alfred on its own is a sleeper, but paired with that new 2.0 armory, Iris Bruce Wayne, Tumbler and Bat-pod, it should display really well.

Hope Unreal nails that cowl as I’ve canceled my 2.0 ‘89 order and may grab the DX09 as a base until JazzInc.

It’s an enjoyable experience when you learn the patience of building figures up, I’ve gained more joy out of each of those experiences than ever one from a shipment from sideshow. I don’t want everything handed to me in a box. I like that each part comes from an individual artist from different parts of the world. I didn’t buy this at a pop up shop.

Last edited:
Hope Unreal nails that cowl as I’ve canceled my 2.0 ‘89 order and may grab the DX09 as a base until JazzInc.
He posted an update recently that looked good. However, I still think the eye cutouts need refining in their shape. Still a little too round. May pick it up in its most current version since I think it looks better than the DX09 cowl now. I think Sean Dabbs is doing the Jazz head and it looks alright, but I think I like the look of Unreals more. Time will tell lol.

Unreal needs to make the eye cuts thicker.
They should press up against his face flush.

IMG_3486.jpeg

I’m excited to finally be receiving the InArt detonator, I know JND will give us theirs as well, curious to compare the two. The key is metal with InArt correct? Too bad about the lack of lights in it.

Imo keep the collection small unless you want to go in debt trying to get them all accurate. With a collection under thirty you can manage easily, as well as not have to constantly sell off for new 2.0s.

I’m going for fifteen, just don’t see thirty characters in cinema that I’d go down the expensive rabbit hole of getting just right to be a main stay in the collection. I like companion pieces, the Alfred on its own is a sleeper, but paired with that new 2.0 armory, Iris Bruce Wayne, Tumbler and Bat-pod, it should display really well.

It’s an enjoyable experience when you learn the patience of building figures up, I’ve gained more joy out of each of those experiences than ever one from a shipment from sideshow. I don’t want everything handed to me in a box. I like that each part comes from an individual artist from different parts of the world. I didn’t buy this at a pop up shop.
I wish I was as selective as you are, for me I want to have a lot of characters from multiple franchises and I can't stop myself from pulling the trigger. Hopefully one day I will be more like you and just go for the select few characters that I really like. I really respect the way that you collect though and like you say it is more like collecting small pieces of art than a figure.

Having said that I have started to look to the custom community for Ledger Joker and also Deckard from BladeRunner but everything else so far is out of the box from one of the big companies.

Sorry for the multiple replies, if you don't mind me asking who are your 15 characters that you collect?

I wish I was as selective as you are, for me I want to have a lot of characters from multiple franchises and I can't stop myself from pulling the trigger. Hopefully one day I will be more like you and just go for the select few characters that I really like. I really respect the way that you collect though and like you say it is more like collecting small pieces of art than a figure.

Having said that I have started to look to the custom community for Ledger Joker and also Deckard from BladeRunner but everything else so far is out of the box from one of the big companies.
You’ll get there I’m sure, sometimes you have to wander before you arrive at a definitive plan. How long have you been collecting?

There’s just too much releasing these days, so I had to ask myself the question, what of what I’m seeing do I actually want to bring home into my house and continue to look at and improve? I never bring anything into the collection and leave it be, I like to tinker and improve and futz until everything is correct so I can properly view what I’ve spent so much time and money on.

Had to make the distinction between what I like in film, and what I like in my room on a day-to-day basis long term, removing the safety net of oh if I don’t like it I’ll just sell it. Once I did that, everything was easy, you’ll get scared at the thought of owning some things for such a long period. Hoarding scares me if I’m being honest, I don’t like being tied down to circumstances I can’t easily rectify.

You’ll get there I’m sure, sometimes you have to wander before you arrive at a definitive plan. How long have you been collecting?

There’s just too much releasing these days, so I had to ask myself the question, what of what I’m seeing do I actually want to bring home into my house and continue to look at and improve? I never bring anything into the collection and leave it be, I like to tinker and improve and futz until everything is correct so I can properly view what I’ve spent so much time and money on.

Had to make the distinction between what I like in film, and what I like in my room on a day-to-day basis long term, removing the safety net of oh if I don’t like it I’ll just sell it. Once I did that, everything was easy, you’ll get scared at the thought of owning some things for such a long period. Hoarding scares me if I’m being honest, I don’t like being tied down to circumstances I can’t easily rectify.
I think that's my problem is that so far I have built up quite a substantial collection (at least I think so, it is probably smaller than many) and I'm afraid that if I sell anything, I will regret that decision and want it again in the future.
I also have a problem with pre-orders, I think my pre-order list is in the range of 30-40 figures as I have a massive FOMO especially for new Star Wars figures and now the Artisan line from HT.

Sorry for the multiple replies, if you don't mind me asking who are your 15 characters that you collect?
Sorry fifteen figures, not specifically Individual characters. Right now I have slightly more than that but will use some for parts instead of full figures, not set in stone but a guideline. I’ll try to get all of these as accurate as I can, kind of interested in that Yunsil Scarecrow run.

I’m trying to only focus on Nolan and Burton Batman, but some horror intrigues me so I have a pair of those.

Current plans -

• First night out Batman Begins Bruce
  • OT Customs Batman Begins suit
  • Newest TDK Batsuit
  • Yunsil Bank Robber Joker
  • Custom Purple coat Heise sculpt Joker
  • JND Ledger
  • InArt Jail Cell with custom Interrogation Joker
  • Alfred
  • Iris Bruce Wayne
  • Empty TDK suit in HT Armory 2.0
  • Yunsil Jack Nicholson Joker
  • Mime Jack Nicholson Joker
  • Mixed parts Keaton 1989 Batman
  • Returns Keaton 2.0
  • JazzInc Catwoman
  • Artisan Joaquin Phoenix Joker
  • Artisan Heath Ledger Joker
  • Yunsil Michael Myers 1978
  • Yunsil Michael Myers 1981
  • JazzInc 1989 Batmobile
  • Black Tumbler
  • Bat-pod
I also have about four others that I don’t have displayed that I may sell.

Deluxe Green Goblin traditional suit
Andrew Garfield Spiderman 2.0
ESB DX24 Luke
Yunsil Custom Emperor robes and brooch

Last edited:
Back