Heath Ledger Joker Customs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow 30-40 preorders is a lot, do you throw them all on plans or do they hit hard sometimes? That’s a lot of stress I’d imagine. I’ve currently got three preorders on Sideshow - Artisan Heath Ledger, Artisan Joaquin Phoenix, TDK Armory 2.0.

If you’re seeking any advice I’d suggest - take a step back and figure out an ideal display size, IP prioritization, and overall flow. I like how some will collect a bunch of singular characters from multiple IPs but that takes away from a display if you know what I mean.

I’m all about display, I’ll sacrifice the hypothetical 15 figures that would occupy a shelf, for a JazzInc 1989 Batmobile in its place, or a total of 6-8 figures per DF120 instead of the usual 15.

Sorry fifteen figures, not specifically Individual characters. Right now I have slightly more than that but will use some for parts instead of full figures, not set in stone but a guideline. I’ll try to get all of these as accurate as I can, kind of interested in that Yunsil Scarecrow run.

I’m trying to only focus on Nolan and Burton Batman, but some horror intrigues me so I have a pair of those.

Current plans -

• First night out Batman Begins Bruce
  • OT Customs Batman Begins suit
  • Newest TDK Batsuit
  • Yunsil Bank Robber Joker
  • Custom Purple coat Heise sculpt Joker
  • JND Ledger
  • InArt Jail Cell with custom Interrogation Joker
  • Alfred
  • Iris Bruce Wayne
  • Empty TDK suit in HT Armory 2.0
  • Yunsil Jack Nicholson Joker
  • Mime Jack Nicholson Joker
  • Mixed parts Keaton 1989 Batman
  • Returns Keaton 2.0
  • JazzInc Catwoman
  • Artisan Joaquin Phoenix Joker
  • Artisan Heath Ledger Joker
  • Yunsil Michael Myers 1978
  • Yunsil Michael Myers 1981
  • JazzInc 1989 Batmobile
  • Black Tumbler
  • Bat-pod
I also have about five others that I don’t have displayed that I may sell.

Deluxe Green Goblin traditional suit
Andrew Garfield Spiderman 2.0
ESB DX24 Luke
Yunsil Custom Emperor robes and brooch
I know I'm going off topic so will be my last post on this topic, unfortunately for me I love Star Wars, Marvel, DC and other properties but not deeply into them apart from a few select things such as BladeRunner.

So yeah... In this current moment it is quite hard for me to cut down or stop myself ordering new figures.

Wow 30-40 preorders is a lot, do you throw them all on plans or do they hit hard sometimes? That’s a lot of stress I’d imagine. I’ve currently got three preorders on Sideshow - Artisan Heath Ledger, Artisan Joaquin Phoenix, TDK Armory 2.0.

If you’re seeking any advice I’d suggest - take a step back and figure out an ideal display size, IP prioritization, and overall flow. I like how some will collect a bunch of singular characters from multiple IPs but that takes away from a display if you know what I mean.
I have some on payment plans and others where I just save the money and when they release then pay the full balance minus a deposit.
I was also wrong in my estimation, I have counted a few extra as I had some 1/12 scale figures on order also, my 1/6 standeds at 28 with 1x 2 pack and 1 figure x2.
I know this is off topic but here are my pre-orders:
Artisan Ledger Joker
Artisan Phoenix Joker
InArt Phoenix Joker 2 Pack
InArt Aragorn (Rooted)
InArt Batman (Rooted)
InArt Paul (Rooted)
HT Sabine
HT Hera
HT Thrawn
HT Ahsoka
HT Captain Enoch
HT Chopper
HT Han Solo
HT Darth Revan
HT Starkiller
HT Kit Fisto
HT Darth Maul
HT Ahsoka Padawan
HT Droideka x2
HT Fives
HT Echo
HT Scorch
HT General Grievous
HT Deadpool Special Edition
Hono Black Suit Spder-Man
Hono Wolverine
SooSooToys Blade
Toys Ace Deckard

So no Scarecrow mask included with the Yunsil run, hmm. Man Yunsil’s prices are getting out of hand, I don’t see that run catching 50 players.

IMG_4145.jpeg

Last edited:
I’ve canceled my 2.0 ‘89 order
Again? 😭
Sideshow must have your name on a list or something. "Beware this guy".
may grab the DX09 as a base until JazzInc.
It could be a while before Joost makes any Batman figures. He said when he does, maybe laye mext year, he's starting with Batman Begins
It’s an enjoyable experience when you learn the patience of building figures up, I’ve gained more joy out of each of those experiences than ever one from a shipment from sideshow. I don’t want everything handed to me in a box. I like that each part comes from an individual artist from different parts of the world. I didn’t buy this at a pop up shop.
yup!

He posted an update recently that looked good. However, I still think the eye cutouts need refining in their shape. Still a little too round. May pick it up in its most current version since I think it looks better than the DX09 cowl now. I think Sean Dabbs is doing the Jazz head and it looks alright, but I think I like the look of Unreals more. Time will tell lol.
Let him know. He's very open to feedback.

Again? 😭
Sideshow must have your name on a list or something. "Beware this guy".

It could be a while before Joost makes any Batman figures. He said when he does, maybe laye mext year, he's starting with Batman Begins
Haha yep, this time for good, I’ve received my refund. Still, goes to show just how many were canceling, I had support reach out and reinstate it with a breeze in about 12 hours of cancellation despite waitlisted.

Joost said he’ll do the suit proper if we all show up next year, I’m here for it along with Unreals cowl if he can further refine it.

I’m excited to finally be receiving the InArt detonator, I know JND will give us theirs as well, curious to compare the two. The key is metal with InArt correct? Too bad about the lack of lights in it.
I won mine in a Will Foxification livestream. It's a neat little accessory. Not as exciting as I figured it would be. Once I held it in hand, I thought..
"All this trouble for this little thing?"

It's not quite accurate either. But it's close enough I guess. It's nice that they tried to implement authentic material. In part it works well. But in part, not so much.

Good to know, I’m happy to put it in the DX11 SE box if it’ll fit, haven’t really got a close look at JNDs version yet. Either way, we need a functional light up detonator with metal key, tape, and wires for Heath. Would be a grand accessory for him I’d think, very unique.

IMG_4128.gif

Good to know, I’m happy to put it in the DX11 SE box if it’ll fit, haven’t really got a close look at JNDs version yet. Either way, we need a functional light up detonator with metal key, tape, and wires for Heath. Would be a grand accessory for him I’d think, very unique.

View attachment 721913
It doesn't fit unfortunately. But I don't imagine that box would be too dificult to make from scratch.

Ideally, wouldn't you want the master detonator for Heath? Not sure there's plenty of references available.

Yeah the detonator with the two keys, one silver one red.unfortunate about the box but I suppose I could make one and find some proper purple paper.

I honestly have no clue about how we’d remove the symbol and don’t see anyone giving a f about Begins enough to produce that version specifically. The suit is delicate as is. Can’t believe people held onto their shiny suit variants, I would’ve returned until I got matte.

Yeah the detonator with the two keys, one silver one red.unfortunate about the box but I suppose I could make one and find some proper purple paper.

I honestly have no clue about how we’d remove the symbol and don’t see anyone giving a f about Begins enough to produce that version specifically. The suit is delicate as is. Can’t believe people held onto their shiny suit variants, I would’ve returned until I got matte.
Lucky I exercised restraint at first. Ordered 6 months later when I committed to picking up a custom sculpt. Suit was a perfect matte.

Hot Toys really screwed people up.

What bugs me is... the gauntlets aren't shiny enough, whereas the hands are too shiny. So have to get that sorted at some point. Maybe a semi gloss coat for the gauntlets. Not sure how to go about the hands.

Last edited:
Oh, and not including a grappling gun, or a holding hand. That ugly @ss base. The balaclava.

I really think they were having a laugh deliberately trying go make this the worst release that it can possibly be.

What bugs me is... the gauntlets aren't shiny enough, whereas the hands are too shiny. So have to get that sorted at some point. Maybe a semi gloss coat for the gauntlets. Not sure how to go about the hands.
I wouldn’t make them glossy, they should be matte.

IMG_4152.jpeg

IMG_4151.jpeg

So no Scarecrow mask included with the Yunsil run, hmm. Man Yunsil’s prices are getting out of hand, I don’t see that run catching 50 players.

View attachment 721911
Yup. Unit prices for Ledger were even worse than this. 50 or more sets for $1k each, yes a more complicated outfit, but damn.. I guess inflation hit them too.

Yup. Unit prices for Ledger were even worse than this. 50 or more sets for $1k each, yes a more complicated outfit, but damn.. I guess inflation hit them too.
Well she is backed up like four years, likely a team less than 20. Is the Ledger run still available? Why’d he take it down? How much was deposit?

I suppose in order to get Crane’s glasses you’d have to go to Metal Jon. Who would make a mask though?

I wouldn’t make them glossy, they should be matte.

View attachment 721926
View attachment 721927
They do come across a little darker and glossier to me (compared to the actual suit at least). Just not in those particular references.

The chest symbol also seems to shift between matte and gloss depending on the scene.

It doesn't bother me much.

But the hands do. And I think the actual hand sculpts aren't up to standard anymore.

Also, I'm going to switch the belt to the armory's, even though it's lighter in color than it should be.

I do love the armory belt a lot. I know it's not accurate with those detachable clips. However I like that, in a sense, it's functional / customizable.

Well she is backed up like four years, likely a team less than 20. Is the Ledger run still available? Why’d he take it down? How much was deposit?
I sent him all your reference (probably didn’t read any of it because all he said was “Thanks!”) then the post disappeared. I’m not sure if it’s still available, but I assume not enough interest. Deposit was $250 + 5%

Back