Hellboy: The Crooked Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet it will be better than it looks.
Mainly because it looks like it cost about tree fiddy.

south park tree fiddy GIF

Seriously though episodes of Supernatural look like they have a better cast and budget than this.
Actually.... a HBO/Amazon Hellboy Tv Series might be a cool idea.

The 2019 Hellboy movie was far more authentic to the comics than del Toro's take, and for that I place it above the originals.

It's only downfall was cramming so many comic stories into a single film.

The 2019 was a love letter to Mignola, whereas del Toro/Perlman was more of a, "To hell with Mignola, we're doing our own thing".
To be frank I agree but the reason it sucked was because it tried to follow the Deadpool/superhero trend and kept retreading the same end of the world apocalypse situation while also trying to push his destiny as destroyer but not giving the full back story or source material to flush it out. It was basically a mess and they kept making HB act like an angry teen with father issues. This film can be good if Hellboy acts like a man who had grown up during the ww2 era and after, less of a edgy teen and more of a young man who's seen some ****.

I'm kinda ok with it looking like a, dare I say, modestly budgeted film and not the same "blockbuster action/sci-fi rollercoaster" that's become regurgitated over and over.

Less is more.

Actually.... a HBO/Amazon Hellboy Tv Series might be a cool idea.
I've said this for a while now a TVMA full Hellboy series on HBO, Netflix that is true to the source material and doesn't shy from the horror would be better especially if they do it like an anthology similar to Del Toro's Cabinet of Curiosities, based on Hellboy's short stories and if they gave the Hellboy an accurate appearance.

You know what, I just saw it mentioned on twitter and I fully agree - Hellboy doesn't need a live-action adaptation [that isn't Del Toro finishing his trilogy] what it needs is a Castlevania-vein mature animated series done in the style of Mike Mignola's iconic art.
You can even have Perlman reprise his role by voicing Hellboy.

You know what, I just saw it mentioned on twitter and I fully agree - Hellboy doesn't need a live-action adaptation [that isn't Del Toro finishing his trilogy] what it needs is a Castlevania-vein mature animated series done in the style of Mike Mignola's iconic art.
You can even have Perlman reprise his role by voicing Hellboy.

View attachment 711241
I'd be more in for this also because it can work way more and you won't have to worry about mistakes that live action has.

Maybe it was my state of mind at the time, but I did not like either one of those. I recently rewatched Blood & Iron and it was a chore to get through.

Hmmmm. As the last one flopped so badly, I'm guessing this had a small budget. It sure looks like it had a small budget.
Really not liking the look for new Hellboy. Something is really off.
Oh well, maybe this will surprise.
Does indeed seem small budget. It’s distributed by “Ketchup Entertainment” which is an indie production company.

Definitely feel these are the only two decent shots of Hellboy but FFS can they fix the eyes cause it definitely bothers me. Still will see the film hoping it's good but won't hold my breath. I feel they should have given him a slight square-ish face for his prosthetics. Should have looked like this art or even the second one if they wanted to give him an accurate shape.
1000004556.jpg
1000004557.jpg
1000004558.jpg

I'm kinda ok with it looking like a, dare I say, modestly budgeted film and not the same "blockbuster action/sci-fi rollercoaster" that's become regurgitated over and over.

Less is more.
I agree this might work to its advantage. Love the first one, but the sequel got bogged down by a silly plot and clunky CGI overload. The third film still owes me money for the 20 minutes I spent watching it...

Definitely feel these are the only two decent shots of Hellboy but FFS can they fix the eyes cause it definitely bothers me. Still will see the film hoping it's good but won't hold my breath. I feel they should have given him a slight square-ish face for his prosthetics. Should have looked like this art or even the second one if they wanted to give him an accurate shape.View attachment 711352View attachment 711355View attachment 711356
Let's hope they did it to allow for a more nuanced perfomance from this new actor...

You gotta let that go.

It'll ruin anything beyond it for you if you don't.
I can have my urks. It's not a deal breaker because I still want to see the film but it's definitely another inaccuracy that does annoy me. But I'll keep an open mind and hope it's true to the comic.

Back