Hellboy: The Crooked Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was how I expected it to sound. Since this is a younger version it's not as deep as when he gets older in later years I'm sure. I'd be very happy if it was a show that had the same format style and kept true to it's source material.
oh thatmakes sense

it was really good

Watched this last night.

Never read the Hellboy comics. Only watched the live action movies.

First movie looked fantastic. Hellboys birth, Kronen, Abe. The actors seemed to fit their parts. But the overall story was meh and the constant fighting of the demon dogs got old quick.

Second movie, it was ok. Pretty much more of the same. It's major failure was being release a week before The Dark Knight.

The third one, I don't remember much from. I recall it being more violent than the other 2 and Hellboy had an ugly face and it flopped.

Hellboy: The Crooked Man. Yea, it looks like a fan film. No big deal. Just tell your story. Thought Hellboy looked the best in this. Crooked Man was kinda neat. The rest was . . . . boring. Good call not to put this into theaters because it drags. Prolly won't hear about another live adaption for a while.

Watched this last night.

Never read the Hellboy comics. Only watched the live action movies.

First movie looked fantastic. Hellboys birth, Kronen, Abe. The actors seemed to fit their parts. But the overall story was meh and the constant fighting of the demon dogs got old quick.

Second movie, it was ok. Pretty much more of the same. It's major failure was being release a week before The Dark Knight.

The third one, I don't remember much from. I recall it being more violent than the other 2 and Hellboy had an ugly face and it flopped.

Hellboy: The Crooked Man. Yea, it looks like a fan film. No big deal. Just tell your story. Thought Hellboy looked the best in this. Crooked Man was kinda neat. The rest was . . . . boring. Good call not to put this into theaters because it drags. Prolly won't hear about another live adaption for a while.
Yep, I agree.

I think Mignola is a brilliant writer for comic medium, but not in movie medium. He needs to hire a professional movie screenplay writer, just to make the pace more dynamic.
The book was excellent, all the eerie silence and all the quiet weird moments are gold. But to transform it into a movie, needs special skill.
It's a very different medium.

I loved this movie. The CGI looked like something from the 90s but it's at least used sparingly. I would love to see a sequel but that clearly won't ever be happening, sadly.

It's getting a pretty poor reception. I think the overwhelming majority of people that's watched it, immediately dismiss it because it's not a blockbuster with a bloated buget for production and CGI.

I'm guessing this will very likely be a one-off. And that's fine. I don't usually want a sequel to good movies. But I'd make an exception in this case.

Back