Hot Toy DX08 - BATMAN - The Joker (Jack Nicholson) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HE STOLE MY BALLOONS!!!
Why didn't you tell me had one of those...things.

Bob.
Gun.

God i love this movie.

The parade Joker will have to have his photo taken with Sideshow's Pennywise when he arrives...

Sideshow Pennywise 4.jpg

Done an eye mod on my spare sculpt. Took the eyes from an old DX sculpt and replaced them.

I've got a bit more range now, anyone else got any suggestions on how to make the mars eyes a bit more poseable?
1000042115.jpg
1000042118.jpg
1000042116.jpg

The eyes on the Mars were never off enough to bring my attention to them. I'd have to have my face 6 inches away from the figure to notice it.

It's the overall package of (imo, a great attempt) at replicating the DX08 that I was always most impressed with.

I think the eye movement for mars version was very limited in movement it couldn't achieve what HT did.

I noticed the batch 1 and 2 had subtle differences also.
It was. The eyes movement was essentially broken/nearly useless on Mars. Totally forgot about that. Very little range. Thankfully not enough to be a deal breaker for me.

Don't know if it's the same with all of Mars' overcoats, but I noticed when I first got the figure that it doesn't close as high up compared to the DX08, meaning the vest is exposed.

I've soaked the front of the coat and pulled it across with the lapels in the correct position, then left it with a rubber band holding everything in place until it dries.

Hopefully it'll stay that way because it makes him look a lot sharper.

Hmm, the coat dried, I took the rubber band off... and all seemed fine.

However, after a little while the lapels had worked their way apart and the fit was exactly as it was before water treatment.

I think the problem is that Mars placed the popper too close to the edge, whereas the coat needs to wrap further over so the lapels cross higher up. It could probably be done with double sided tape, but I decided to try the post parade open coat look.

As I was futzing him he suddenly took on a new, even more evil character. Back in the Detolf he was giving me Killing Joke vibes.

IMG_3613.JPG

IMG_3618.JPG

With his eyes in shadow he looked at his most evil:

IMG_3627.JPG

Looking for Mars toys laughing man full set or clothing dm me if you have either for sale -thanks

Back