Hot Toys – MMS183 The Dark Knight Rises Bane Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys – MMS183 - The Dark Knight Rises: Bane Collectible Figure

Finally got around to doing the arm swap. Used DX T-800 arms, not the TTM 20 and Thor gripping hands. Zero permanent modification!

20130402171248.jpg

20130402171319.jpg

20130402171348.jpg

Really don't know how HT could have dropped the ball on this. He's holding his arms like this 90% of the time. They should have at least developed an easy to swap arm system so people could do this pose or have decent looking muscle arms like he came with.

Finally got around to doing the arm swap. Used DX T-800 arms, not the TTM 20 and Thor gripping hands. Zero permanent modification!

20130402171248.jpg

20130402171319.jpg

20130402171348.jpg

Really don't know how HT could have dropped the ball on this. He's holding his arms like this 90% of the time. They should have at least developed an easy to swap arm system so people could do this pose or have decent looking muscle arms like he came with.

It's Hot Toys. If it's at least 75% accurate it gets a pass from Howard Chan.

Just got an email that my waitlist converts in two days!

Just put myself on the wait list. Hopefully i'm lucky enough to get one :panic:

Ball was never dropped at least in regards to the arms. Bane's "the boss" pose was never really an issue if people weren't so nit-picky about their posing options. HT simply accommodated for both appearances (coat and bare-armed) to try and maintain that look of "realism" and smooth joint transitioning in terms of appearances. People often complain how their figures don't look like the real thing because of joints, while others complain how rubber arms sacrifice so much just to make it look too real. I always felt that HT's compromise was a smart choice as the boss pose wasn't THAT essential, and that any complaints about the arms were more preferential bias. That said, your mention of an alternate arm set would've been great but again, HT is probably just too lazy to innovate or take advantage on such an idea (they still get their money's worth as long as people buy their Bane figure anyway).

If you wanna talk about arm issues like this one, I'd like to throw in Hawkeye as one example. Archer's NEED double-jointed elbows, it's how they actually fire the damn things. Any sort of added wrist-joint can only fake that look to a certain extent and it just comes across as just lazy on their part for their lack of research on the most essential element to the character. Heck any archer figures that lack double-jointed elbows demonstrate the company's lack of knowledge and overall ignorance to how firing a bow and arrow actually works, something that I noticed many archers tend to be disappointed about due to such misrepresentations of how archery actually works (and rightfully so).

Last edited:

The arms on Bane are fine, glad we never got double jointed elbows as it looks really bad with the coat off to me, would only be great to use double joints with the coat on but, Hot Toys went down the right path in choosing what type of articulation to work with regarding the arms on this release.

right: it was damned if you do, damned if you don't on this one. i would have preferred double-jointed elbows, but then there would have been endless kvetching about exposed joints from the aesthetics camp.

i'll eventually get mine a ht double-jointed muscle body when they are available (gotta spend all those points on something). but he's awesome just like he is for the moment.

BBTS still has a bunch of these in stock.

I know, but I figured if I put myself on the waitlist at least i'll get reward points if I get converted. If I don't get converted in the next couple of days i'll just cancel and order through BBTS or someone in the FS section.

^Very nice pic!

Thats not the way those lines go at all. :lol

"If I pull that off, will you die?"
"It would be extremely painful"
"You're a big guy."
"For you."

Just for clarification's sake haha

just found out from the Wife mine came today, only 2 more days of this out of town business trip and I can check him out first hand.

GOTHAM.... TAKE CONTROL.....TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR CITY!!!!

Put myself on the waitlist last week, just got an e-mail saying it's converting. I'm not surprised, but I am pleased!

Back