Hot Toys –MMS203D05 - 1/6th scale RoboCop Collectible Figure with Mechanical Chair

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really? Oh yeah that is right Superman had it to. What a relief then I don't have to buy it now. :lol

My guess is it will come with a display like that. Lately they have been doing these type of displays more and more. HT Indy and the newest Joker 2.0 for example. It would be a nice bonus if they did.

Aren't these figures intended for adult collectors? Who the hell cares about sound effects? I wonder how much such a useless gimmick adds to the overall price of the figure...

The sound effects? What about the fact that the ENTIRE figure is Die cast? That adds much more $$$ to the overall price than the "useless sound effects gimmick." :dunno

The sound effects? What about the fact that the ENTIRE figure is Die cast? That adds much more $$$ to the overall price than the "useless sound effects gimmick." :dunno

I thought these were just part diecast. I think they said the new Iron Man figures were 30 or 40 percent diecast and this one's description says it contains diecast metal.

I thought these were just part diecast. I think they said the new Iron Man figures were 30 or 40 percent diecast and this one's description says it contains diecast metal.

Either way, metal components add a lot more to the cost than a tiny speaker box does. :lol

Either way, metal components add a lot more to the cost than a tiny speaker box does. :lol

I think diecast can actually be a cheaper material to work with than plastic at times, since it's not made from fossil fuels. The added heft might increase shipping costs a bit, though.

I got no prob with a robocop figure being made out of metal instead of crappy plastic. If any figure deserves the diecast treatment it's robocop and iron man. Even if its only an extra $5 for a useless speaker box, I rather they take it out.By the way, I always enjoy getting an expert opinion from a HT employee who knows the exact cost of producing these figures...

Yeah, the dislike of the sound effects has nothing to do with cost for most of us, I'm sure. It's just a feature I expect in a $60.00 Marvel Universe Sentinel or Galactus, not a finely made $300.00 version of RoboCop. I'm OK with it being part of these releases 'cause maybe it'll kinda work and I won't be using it much in any case. Definitely hope it is not the start of a trend, though, where every figure has a stupid sound chip in it with quotes from the movie.

Yeah, the dislike of the sound effects has nothing to do with cost for most of us, I'm sure. It's just a feature I expect in a $60.00 Marvel Universe Sentinel or Galactus, not a finely made $300.00 version of RoboCop. I'm OK with it being part of these releases 'cause maybe it'll kinda work and I won't be using it much in any case. Definitely hope it is not the start of a trend, though, where every figure has a stupid sound chip in it with quotes from the movie.

:exactly::goodpost:

By the way, I always enjoy getting an expert opinion from a HT employee who knows the exact cost of producing these figures...

That is funniest thing I've read in a while. I'd love to hear a expert opinion from Hot toys regarding the cost of their figures.:rotfl

I'm sure all of the materials/paint are justified through their insane prices. :rolleyes2

I think diecast can actually be a cheaper material to work with than plastic at times, since it's not made from fossil fuels. The added heft might increase shipping costs a bit, though.

Tell that to Hot Toys. :lecture

The cost to you, certainly. The cost to HT, unlikely. It's garbage pot metal, only included to make the gullible masses think it's higher quality, because weight = quality.... :rolleyes:

could somebody please explain me if D04 and D05 are the same figure with all same parts except for the chair?
i'm making my mind about the amount of figures and totally missed the start of those threads.
thank you in advance.

From Sideshow's product descriptions:

The RoboCop Sixth Scale Figure features:

Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of RoboCop
Newly sculpted and refined body
Approximately 30 cm tall
Over 30 points of articulation
Four (4) interchangeable lower faces
Speaks six (6) memorable quotes from RoboCop:
'Drop the gun, you are under arrest.'
'Thank you for your cooperation. Goodnight.'
'Stay out of trouble!'
'Dead or alive, you are coming with me.'
'Come quietly or there will be trouble.'
'Serve the public trust. Protect the innocent. Uphold the law.'
Contains diecast material
Black, light grey and silver armor
Special features on armor:
One (1) battle damaged helmet
One (1) battle damaged chest plate
Working thigh hostler
Five (5) pieces of interchangeable palms including:
One (1) pair of palms with improved articulation and movable fingers
One (1) pair of fists
One (1) fist with spike
One (1) pistol
Figure stand with RoboCop nameplate and movie logo
Remote control for sound effect system

The RoboCop with Mechanical Chair Sixth Scale Figure features:

Authentic and detailed fully realized likeness of RoboCop
Newly sculpted and refined body
Approximately 30 cm tall
Over 30 points of articulation
Four (4) interchangeable lower faces
Speaks six (6) memorable quotes from RoboCop:
'Drop the gun, you are under arrest.'
'Thank you for your cooperation. Goodnight.'
'Stay out of trouble!'
'Dead or alive, you are coming with me.'
'Come quietly or there will be trouble.'
'Serve the public trust. Protect the innocent. Uphold the law.'
Contains diecast material
Black, light grey and silver armor
Special features on armor:
One (1) battle damaged helmet
One (1) battle damaged chest plate
Working thigh hostler
Five (5) pieces of interchangeable palms including:
One (1) pair of palms with improved articulation and movable fingers
One (1) pair of fists
One (1) fist with spike
One (1) pistol
Mechanical Chair with LED light-up function (Button cell batteries required, included)
Figure stand with RoboCop nameplate and movie logo
Remote control for sound effect system

So yep, same figure with the option of extra chair.

From Sideshow's product descriptions:

So yep, same figure with the option of extra chair.
thanks!
it really is.
so 1 robocop with chair for chair version and 2 for regular & semi bd version.

I'd love to do that, but just the clean Robo look is enough for me. Oh, and ED too. Plus CAIN if they make him. Boddicker would be nice, cop Murphy too. But I'm drawing a line in the sand at that list.:lol

i make "from the beginning to the end" appearances with terminators, surely must do the same with robocop :) full bd will finish the line. pity there's no Murphy cop figure to start it.

The more I look at these figs, the more I want them.

I used to pre-order as soon as they went up, but with increasing prices I usually give myself a few days.

So here we are and I'm thinking about getting the Robocop w/ chair and putting it on flex pay on SS.

I'd love to do that, but just the clean Robo look is enough for me. Oh, and ED too. Plus CAIN if they make him. Boddicker would be nice, cop Murphy too. But I'm drawing a line in the sand at that list.:lol

Can you fly Bobby?

2968180_o.gif

Relented and ordered him and ED209 this afternoon from SSC as everywhere else is out or wants payment up front.

That's them two, Batman PF, Superman PF, Mime Joker and and an Ironman LSB all on Flexpay.

God help me, am going to run into serious financial trouble this year :(

The cost to you, certainly. The cost to HT, unlikely. It's garbage pot metal, only included to make the gullible masses think it's higher quality, because weight = quality.... :rolleyes:

:exactly:

i make "from the beginning to the end" appearances with terminators, surely must do the same with robocop :) full bd will finish the line. pity there's no Murphy cop figure to start it.

You may want to hold off on getting one for a BD look P. There are sneak preview pics of HT working on an unmasked Murphy Robo version and some think it may be the BD look at the end of the film.

Back