1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey, I'm totally there already!

I only have a small handful of figures on my "must have" list and then I'm pretty much out (with just the odd figure here and there). I'm getting the 2 Hans from Solo, and then I just need to wait for HT's Bespin Han (and maybe any other Han that they make) and maybe an X-Wing Luke (ANH or ESB). I've even been selling a few of my older Sideshow figures too, and it feels really good to keep a streamlined collection.

This
I used the summer to sell off most of my really old ss figures. I got pretty much what I paid for most of them. They look very outdated with the hot toys figures. Plus, with hot toys slowing down with Star Wars, it will give a nice break. I will not go down the hot toys clone rabbit hole.

The Deluxe Fett and ESB Vader were $369 at Toy Traders....

I purged a lot of what I had - about 200ish figures. Wasn’t going to get anything else then the Ms and her family picked me up the HT Anakin and RoTJ Luke. Debated selling/trading my R1 Vader and RoTJ Fett for the new ones but honestly, they are good enough for me. None of my friends are **** enough to tell you what movie either would be from, they just see Vader and Fett and say cool. I think ones the Dooku and Ep3 Obi Wan are bought, Im done again for Hot Toys/higher end stuff. There are a couple figures I’d watch for Bank Robber Joker 2.0 and the DX Indy, but I think Im good otherwise.

I love my Boba Fett however these bad boys are getting way too pricey for me ( $320+ Canadian price tag). With only the Emperor left in preorder, I think its time to go on a collectors “Boot Camp” or “Eat, Pray, Love” journey to India to drop the collectors bug out of my system. Go back to grass roots and focus on “self” and “Savings” and remove desire!!

Naturally come out of retirement with Returns Penguin DX!! :wink1:

Who’s with me? :violin

Last edited:
I never thought I would sell any of the figures I got. I've been pretty selective since the beginning. Actually that's not entirely true. I learned my lesson fairly quickly when I bought a HT Deunan Knute during my first year of collecting. I'm not into Appleseed or anything, I just thought she looked cool. But I quickly learned that if the figure doesn't have any emotional resonance with me, then it just isn't worth having, so I sold her within a year.

Anyway, I took a hard look at my collection, and like fantasticfrog said, the Sideshow figures really look way outdated next to the HT figures, especially the human figures. I still have a bunch of Sideshow figures on display, but they are definitely in the background and not featured. I may end up whittling them down even more since they are basically just taking up space.

Cant lie, the Commander Wolffe still holds up, same with Maul 2.0.
I never thought I would sell any of the figures I got. I've been pretty selective since the beginning. Actually that's not entirely true. I learned my lesson fairly quickly when I bought a HT Deunan Knute during my first year of collecting. I'm not into Appleseed or anything, I just thought she looked cool. But I quickly learned that if the figure doesn't have any emotional resonance with me, then it just isn't worth having, so I sold her within a year.

Anyway, I took a hard look at my collection, and like fantasticfrog said, the Sideshow figures really look way outdated next to the HT figures, especially the human figures. I still have a bunch of Sideshow figures on display, but they are definitely in the background and not featured. I may end up whittling them down even more since they are basically just taking up space.

Yeah I still like my Sideshow figures...Snowtrooper, Jango and Proto Fett

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really need to do this -- I have so many Sideshow figures just sitting packed safely away that I'm not enjoying.

the problem with selling old SS is it might take selling two or three to make up enough money to buy one HT today. You might even have to add more money on top. For that alone it might be better to simply keep your old stuff!!

I purged a lot of what I had - about 200ish figures. Wasn’t going to get anything else then the Ms and her family picked me up the HT Anakin and RoTJ Luke. Debated selling/trading my R1 Vader and RoTJ Fett for the new ones but honestly, they are good enough for me. None of my friends are **** enough to tell you what movie either would be from, they just see Vader and Fett and say cool. I think ones the Dooku and Ep3 Obi Wan are bought, Im done again for Hot Toys/higher end stuff. There are a couple figures I’d watch for Bank Robber Joker 2.0 and the DX Indy, but I think Im good otherwise.

I was there last Thursday to pick up my Neca Pennywise! I get my HT shipped to Blaine and go pick up. Save a few bucks plus taxes :wink1:

Has anyone given the Pre Pro a shorter neck yet to mimic the original pictures? I think that would really sell it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

the problem with selling old SS is it might take selling two or three to make up enough money to buy one HT today. You might even have to add more money on top. For that alone it might be better to simply keep your old stuff!!

You could not have said it better!....once Hot Toys got to SW, SS figure prices have tanked. I just sold my SS Emperor Throne with a small defect for nothing.

JESM.

Huh...I went into Toy Traders on Saturday and Traded HTs Blade, Mech Test Tony Stark for Vader and Fett + some extra Trader Bucks...

Felt good to purge figures I purchased for $125/$150 back in the day for something that I will actually display. (and I have Traded 20 or so figures the last 2 years to acquire the figures that I couldn't fathom that would be eventually released --HT Delorean and others...)

I was there last Thursday to pick up my Neca Pennywise! I get my HT shipped to Blaine and go pick up. Save a few bucks plus taxes :wink1:

yup...shipping to Blaine, WA wayyyy cheaper than paying Customs fees. I have never been stung telling the Border Guards the actual value :)wink1:) of what I am returning...sure they give a sly smile and a chuckle at someone bringing toys across the border but...

the problem with selling old SS is it might take selling two or three to make up enough money to buy one HT today.

Not trying to make up enough for anything. I just want my space back. :lol

Too many dolls in boxes in storage. What good is that? I'd rather have some cash and lots of extra space.

Obviously can't sell what's coming out right now -- like Sideshow Emperor -- but old Jedi that HT will never make... there's good money to be made there once the new generation gets a few HT PT figures in their hands and then wants to broaden their display. Muhahahahah....

I remember bringing my SS v1 to Toy Traders to trade get store credit for HT ROTJ Fett. They offered me $150-$170 if i remember. Didn’t go through with the trade as I liked the colour scheme of my SS better

I cancelled my regular with Popcultcha last week and got the deluxe from Sci Fi Toys instead as I thought PC would end up getting more Luke style delays with this figure. So very interesting to see this one now in stock with them.

Oh well missed out some pennies but as I do not plan to buy anything after ESB Vader for quite a while I think I can live with my decision.

Back