1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only time the holster hangs from the girth belt is when Morton is in the costume.

Every other time it's hanging on the webbing belt, over the girth belt and UNDER the ammo belt.

An authentic Nemrod Holster is very heavy, heavier than the rubber replica I had before. The Pulce 40 speargun is also heavy (I have a replica pictured). The weight wouldn't allow it to hang for a long duration of time on the girth or the vinyl belt used during filming. You can see the webbing belt being pull down (in the carbonite scene).

Here's my 1:1 accurate set up on how it should look. Nemrod logo should also be covered with gaffer's tape.

Interesting that HT went to the trouble to replicate the Nemrod logo when the logo was actually sanded off on the costume part.

It's a black belt with a silver buckle and it's connected by the a bracket that's supposed to be the bottom of the jetpack harness. To be honest it's lazy that this wasn't included.

I don't recall anything attaching to the jetpack besides the two upper clips. You mean, supposed to be, as in if it was movie accurate?

I don't think I ever undid the belts in back so I never saw a third belt. Funny HT included it with a figure that has no holster but omits it from one that does have the holster. They clearly knew -- they know their details. Must be one of those: "let's put this on this figure but not on the one that needs it so they have to buy both to be complete".

It's actually covered in gaffer's tape. The logo is/was on the screen used holster.

Interesting - you mean the Nemrod logo is actually visible on the screen used holster - the way Hot Toys made their holster - or the logo is not visible due to the gaffer tape covering it? And where did the gaffer tape idea come from?

I looked very closely at this at the time I scratch-built the Nemrod holster for my Bespin Guard (which is made from a slightly different type of Nemrod) and I couldn't find anything that indicated Nemrod's brand logo was visible on Fett's holster, only its outline - sort of a rounded triangle shape.

The clearest pics I could find seemed to show the logo was either covered (maybe tape as you mention) or ground off - which seemedd more likely, because the front of the holster is ground/cut down to remove the knife sheath. It also seemed non-sensical to me that a prop-maker would keep a current brand logo on a costume part:

n3kqZxA.png

The logo is 100% covered by tape of some sort, gaffer's seems the most educated guess as you can see some slight white outlining on the image to the left, much like actual gaffer's tape (and would be available on set).

If the logo was sanded down the area wouldn't be even and yet raised if that makes sense. I've attached pictures of an actual nemrod holster that hangs from my 1:1 build, gaffer's tape has been cut to only cover the area of the logo/triangle, and snaps have been painted black:

Also the accurate way the holster should hang and the gaffer tape is lifting but has since been fixed. (ignore the fake web, it's all decorated for Halloween!):

Back