1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
alucard1138.jpg

Looks good and blue right there.

Looks good and blue right there.

Following this thread a lot, have seen a lot of people redying the flight suit and everything. I'm too worried of ruining the figure by modding it. Using front lighting, and natural lighting these pics came out looking like how it does in the film (mostly). I've never seen the suit used in the film (empire) in person, so I don't know if the suit just looks blueish because of the film/lens used, post processing, VHS and Laserdisc the suit hue changes. so I'm not really sure how it should look. I love the figure, and love how it looks in pics. I've found the same issue in the Ghostbusters thread, some say the G1 suits are khaki, some say greyish, like empire, the suits look different in different shots/scenes/promotional material so who knows who is really right.

I think your photo proves the suit color as your lighting looks/feels very similar to the Bespin lighting.

I always thought I saw a bluish hue to the suit, especially if you place it next to the ROTJ Fett.

I think your photo proves the suit color as your lighting looks/feels very similar to the Bespin lighting.

I always thought I saw a bluish hue to the suit, especially if you place it next to the ROTJ Fett.

Thanks! And I agree, the ESB suit always seemed greyish blue and the ROTJ suit more khaki. I was really trying to go for the Cloud City lighting corridor lighting. Camera phone isn't the best and kept distorting the proportions.

If anyone needs one, I have a sealed new deluxe up for sale, and Also all my extra ESB screen parts from the second figure I made the pre-pro.

Had to share pics of mine. Minimal futzing, incredible right out of the box. Just got my fully functioning Centipede arcade cabinet to go with all my 1/6 scale figures. Doubt I'll swap out the armor pieces on this DX Fett, but I really like all the options this figure comes with.

https://i.imgur.com/SN9a83O.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/ZcXDnVS.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/x1Izv5d.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/S4Yb9bz.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/VmdAF0A.jpg

Is the arcade machine in 1/6 ? If so, who makes it

Picked up the v2 SS gauntlets. Not sure about color but no gaps! Need to get the gray pegs from the SS working too.

View attachment 427837
View attachment 427838

Nice pics, but are you feeling they look a bit skinny? On my HT Fett, the SSC gauntlets (which I have on now) feel a bit skinny somehow. The left/flame thrower gauntlet isn't long enough - almost like it was an accident. Compared to Marmit, HT and others, the SSC left gauntlet seems like the odd man out lengthwise.

I really need to pull out all my parts and have a look to see what works best. The SSC gauntlets are way better than the HT ones, but they don't feel quite right either. The V1 color is best of all, but to me they feel like even that throws the HT color scheme off, reminding you that the HT green isn't grey/bluish enough.

I just bought the HT boba fett sculpt and swapped out the range visor for the sideshow one looks better not as long as the HT was. the HT boba fett helmet color matches pretty close to the sideshow boba v2 armor color wise.

Perhaps a gray wash on the armor will dull the vibrancy a bit.

Yeah, McHaley used a light "snow" Tamiya wash on the helmet and got it looking nice.

My feeling is to crack open the HT gauntlets and narrow them a bit. I did something similar on the Marmit ones to mod them for my ROTJ Fett custom. The darts need redoing though (nbot sure what Ht was thinking there) - I may cast the SSC ones as row of four and glue them on.

Should have stopped here. This actually looks really great with the rest of Fett's coloring. The more you try to fix it, the worse it's getting. Just buy a replacement jumpsuit.

Well I dyed it China blue and it was two blue for me so I used rite dye remover Andi used less than a teaspoon and all the went, and I got the weirdest color.t
7bc408bd40670f5936cc4805f9b47fc8.jpg

Should have stopped here. This actually looks really great with the rest of Fett's coloring. The more you try to fix it, the worse it's getting. Just buy a replacement jumpsuit.

I did like it . I Rotj Esb look. I bought China blue I’ll be dying it again by the end of the week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Anyone futz with the webbing belt on this figure? I know people have removed the entire flight suit to redye etc, but am too afraid to try and remove even the red webbing belt. Do you just unbuckle from the back? Mine arrived a bit too high up, I've futzed it down but would prefer to have it even further down to be more accurate. Had the same exact issue with my HT ROTJ Fett.

Anyone futz with the webbing belt on this figure? I know people have removed the entire flight suit to redye etc, but am too afraid to try and remove even the red webbing belt. Do you just unbuckle from the back? Mine arrived a bit too high up, I've futzed it down but would prefer to have it even further down to be more accurate. Had the same exact issue with my HT ROTJ Fett.

Yeah it’s very easy to unbuckle it from the back no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah it’s very easy to unbuckle it from the back no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you just thread the 2 straps through the buckles on the back? Doesn't look like there is anything to buckle, just the straps to feed through but I didn't want to chance breaking it. Thanks!!

Back