1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks almost khaki, which isn’t a bad color scheme for the RotJ version. Some reference picts have Fetts jump suit pretty faded and neutral and it looks good imo.

Took the words out of my mouth. Looks faded and worn, would like to see this on a custom Mythos figure.

20180922_133655.jpg
20180922_133640.jpg*
quick shots, not much futzing (wookie braids in dire need of this)
love this version!

Nice! Not enough pics of the Pre Pro. I find it visiually more interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I dyed it China blue and it was two blue for me so I used rite dye remover Andi used less than a teaspoon and all the went, and I got the weirdest color.t
7bc408bd40670f5936cc4805f9b47fc8.jpg

for some odd reason I think it looks great. The jumpsuit looks aged more to match the battle damaged armor

But this aged jumpsuit is a great base to make a custom aged weathered White Prototype Boba Fett

Use a blue gray dye to get it back. China blue is just too blue. Unless you're a blue-coat Han type.

Is there a blue gray dye? I didn't see one.

I think the trick is not to leave it in too long. I dyed my Luke Hoth vest and it seemed like you really only keep it in maybe 20-30 seconds.

If it's too blue, rather than using Rit Dye remover (which makes colors go weird most of the time, rather than simply removing the color - I've seen it turn greys pink and blues to a faded orange) just trying rinsing it over and over in pretty hot water. It will reduce the intensity by maybe 10% and sometimes that's enough.

Is there a blue gray dye? I didn't see one.

I think the trick is not to leave it in too long. I dyed my Luke Hoth vest and it seemed like you really only keep it in maybe 20-30 seconds.

If it's too blue, rather than using Rit Dye remover (which makes colors go weird most of the time, rather than simply removing the color - I've seen it turn greys pink and blues to a faded orange) just trying rinsing it over and over in pretty hot water. It will reduce the intensity by maybe 10% and sometimes that's enough.

Thanks for the tip

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

just trying rinsing it over and over in pretty hot water. It will reduce the intensity by maybe 10% and sometimes that's enough.

correct.

There's a powder blue RIT that is very good at producing light pale blue. But again, depends how much dye you pour in and how long you soak. Takes time to get the timing down.

Sunlight is also great at fading RIT dye over time.

925679f5b9bc02c481834f52f9530053.jpg

Third time is a charm are use rit aqua marine color? I’m getting tired of dying . I’ll stick with this for a bit.

Looks greenish [emoji30]

The hulk is strong with this one.

Maybe the yellowing of the jumpsuit after the dye removal is working with the blue to give you a green tint.

Aqua marine is a green color, so that's not much of a surprise.
925679f5b9bc02c481834f52f9530053.jpg

Third time is a charm are use rit aqua marine color? I’m getting tired of dying . I’ll stick with this for a bit.

Looks greenish [emoji30]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

f1fd9d75a2802a4dca369e9a4fce96e1.jpg

Fourth time is a charm this color is called Kentucky blue

Back