1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Boba Fett ESB Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my three. I bought three deluxe I, really only wanting two but got stuck with a third. still have one deluxe sealed I need to sell, and I'm going to be selling off the extra buts from my deluxe 2 set. So I think that means the regular ESB boba parts. But I wanted the pre pro boba to go with the ESB and animated.

20180919_222111.jpg

20180919_222056.jpg

Here's my three. I bought three deluxe I, really only wanting two but got stuck with a third. still have one deluxe sealed I need to sell, and I'm going to be selling off the extra buts from my deluxe 2 set. So I think that means the regular ESB boba parts. But I wanted the pre pro boba to go with the ESB and animated.

View attachment 427223

View attachment 427224

Wow wow what a collection??

Are you adding any more upcoming SW figures?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet, what is the chin strap used for? and how sturdy would that buckle be?

The original helmet had a chin cup from a Riot helmet I believe that with straps helped keep the helmet on during filming. I thought it would be a nice addition for all the screen accurate Guys among us. The buckle will be slightly fragile I imagine. If it is placed carefully and not continually opened and closed it should do the job well.

View attachment 427224

CZ-3 and 21B?:horror Had no idea people had even made those:clap.

Are those 3D computer sculpted or by hand?

EF46227E-2566-4BB7-A508-9FE9B1DAF4A3.jpg
Here’s a quick snap of my Hot Toys ESB and RTOJ Fett’s. Both are stock and both are the deluxe versions (not that I’ve ever used ROTJ Fett’s Sarlac base - just looks gross!). I’ve done a haphazard blend of screen accurate and pre-pro parts on my ESB Fett, to my own liking. I’ve always preferred the pre-pro look, as it’s what I remember from books and Kenner figures as a kid. I was planning to sell off my ROTJ Fett, but now I’m not sure which one I prefer lol. I feel that ESB Fett is too big - tall and a larger body - than he ‘should’ be. And the helmet feels a bit too big - though maybe that’s how it was in ESB? Anyway, I’m going to see how he looks next to my Hot Toys ESB Vader and decide which one I keep then ��

CZ-3 and 21B?:horror Had no idea people had even made those:clap.

Are those 3D computer sculpted or by hand?

Thanks! Those are sculpts. The 3po might have some loose lineage... not 100% on that. The Cz3 and 21b are Zorg sculpts. I put a real mic and real V8 parts, and machined the other small metal bits for 21b

View attachment 427310
Here’s a quick snap of my Hot Toys ESB and RTOJ Fett’s. Both are stock and both are the deluxe versions (not that I’ve ever used ROTJ Fett’s Sarlac base - just looks gross!). I’ve done a haphazard blend of screen accurate and pre-pro parts on my ESB Fett, to my own liking. I’ve always preferred the pre-pro look, as it’s what I remember from books and Kenner figures as a kid. I was planning to sell off my ROTJ Fett, but now I’m not sure which one I prefer lol. I feel that ESB Fett is too big - tall and a larger body - than he ‘should’ be. And the helmet feels a bit too big - though maybe that’s how it was in ESB? Anyway, I’m going to see how he looks next to my Hot Toys ESB Vader and decide which one I keep then ��

Still waiting for my DX ESB Fett (should arrive Monday) and will put him right next to me DX ROTJ Fett. Depending on my mood I go back and forth on which version I prefer. I like the proto all white armor, the PP1, his animated color scheme. But I really go back and forth on his Empire/Jedi look. I like the more uniform colors to his debut look in Empire, but I also like the more merc like haphazard look of his mixed gear in Jedi. Thanks for the comparison pic, a few have posted some already but this gives me a really good idea of the differences in the flight suits and the coloring of the armor.

While I prefer ESB overall, when it comes to display options there's just always this law inside my head...

ROTJ red gauntlets always with Jabba and skiff guards etc

and ESB green gauntlets with Vader/Hunters/Stormtroopers etc.

Anything else doesn't feel right, and against the law.

50c6b95455f3eeb6cfbf6b9543a13bcb.jpg

My favorite look currently has to be the Pre Pro. Just looks so bad ass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I dyed it China blue and it was two blue for me so I used rite dye remover Andi used less than a teaspoon and all the went, and I got the weirdest color.t
7bc408bd40670f5936cc4805f9b47fc8.jpg

Well I dyed it China blue and it was two blue for me so I used rite dye remover Andi used less than a teaspoon and all the went, and I got the weirdest color.t
You seem to have removed the original dye.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

It looks almost khaki, which isn’t a bad color scheme for the RotJ version. Some reference picts have Fetts jump suit pretty faded and neutral and it looks good imo.

Back