Hot Toys 1/6 figure Black Adam (Deluxe) + Golden Armor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, I have had this guy for a while now, but I still can’t figure out if he looks better with or without the cape, would love to hear from you guys on this:
I prefer him without the cape, but I do wish the gold version had come with the cloak as well.

I prefer him without the cape, but I do wish the gold version had come with the cloak as well.
I think he probably looks best with the golden armor AND the cloak. When I first put this on PO I think it was advertised that Golden Armor version would also have the cloak but that changed at some point.

I was hoping to find a parted out cloak but I never see them available ...maybe I'm looking in the wrong places?

I think he probably looks best with the golden armor AND the cloak. When I first put this on PO I think it was advertised that Golden Armor version would also have the cloak but that changed at some point.

I was hoping to find a parted out cloak but I never see them available ...maybe I'm looking in the wrong places?
Yeah, I've never been so disappointed at a company making the product more screen accurate, but the cloak just looks the best. I haven't found one either.

So, I have had this guy for a while now, but I still can’t figure out if he looks better with or without the cape, would love to hear from you guys on this:
I've struggled with this as well. But I got the DX29. I love the costume so I was displaying him without the cloak for a while. But recently switched to using it.

1000014277_1.jpg

I'll probably go back to without the cloak in a month lol. 🤷

I decided to repaint the gold on this guy (I was pretty nervous about doing it), I didn’t hate it as it appeared out of the box or anything , I just felt it that it came off more as bronze. So, I lightened the “gold” and modified the belt so that it wasn’t quite so wide and more like it appears in the movie.

Attachments

• 15B658B0-C132-403C-95BD-708712D99224.jpeg
    15B658B0-C132-403C-95BD-708712D99224.jpeg
    1.2 MB
  • 6E1E0627-3FFB-4C51-A042-C568439F5049.jpeg
    6E1E0627-3FFB-4C51-A042-C568439F5049.jpeg
    2.4 MB
  • 4FF97349-69FE-4636-ADAE-0DFED6DC1DB0.jpeg
    4FF97349-69FE-4636-ADAE-0DFED6DC1DB0.jpeg
    1.6 MB
I decided to repaint the gold on this guy (I was pretty nervous about doing it), I didn’t hate it as it appeared out of the box or anything , I just felt it that it came off more as bronze. So, I lightened the “gold” and modified the belt so that it wasn’t quite so wide and more like it appears in the movie.
Not bad at all. Will the paint effect the light up chest function showing? Not that anyone actually uses that feature, lol.

Not bad at all. Will the paint effect the light up chest function showing? Not that anyone actually uses that feature, lol.
Thanks!

I saw an a Insta I think where someone painted the lighting bolt and it still illuminated really well. Then again that person may have used better quality paint than me, I just used some gold metallic model paint I had sitting around from a model project I started with my son a couple years ago 😂

Last edited:
Back