Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark XLII (2.0) Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What exactly is the difference between the Special Edition and the Base? Is it just the random open helmet that wasn't even shown on screen?

The spread:

IMG_6463.jpeg

So I guess all of the panels on the legs are articulated and not swappable parts; I was curious about that.

I don't ever recall seeing a countdown timer for something. Interesting. I guess they want their approximate order estimate so HT can begin production. I picked one up myself, since I never managed to grab the initial release.

I don't ever recall seeing a countdown timer for something. Interesting. I guess they want their approximate order estimate so HT can begin production. I picked one up myself, since I never managed to grab the initial release.
Yeah I think it was last year or the year before when they began doing limited order windows on the summer releases with exclusive accessories.

Heads up that Sideshow now has a 9-day countdown on the editions of this which include the bonus helmet, but it seems I’m the only one here who’s interested in this figure. 🤣

View attachment 719250
:lol

I actually really like this figure and am contemplating getting it even though I don't really care for Iron Man 3. IMO this is one of the best Iron Man figures HT has made.

Heads up that Sideshow now has a 9-day countdown on the editions of this which include the bonus helmet, but it seems I’m the only one here who’s interested in this figure. 🤣

View attachment 719250
I think it's more this isn't one of his more sought after suits. It has too much gold, the shape and helmet are different from his previous suits, and it kept falling apart. For me his best suits were 2 through 7, and some of the House Party Protocol suits. His main suit assumed a different look starting with Iron Man 3. The lines on the face plate for example.

Yes to bring production earlier and to keep the numbers somewhat limited while giving people a good opportunity to acquire one. Hot Toys has become a premium mass produced figure line before the timed releases. I guess you can say that's what they have over Inart, who uses the timed release strategy. Well that and HT has more licenses.

I think it's more this isn't one of his more sought after suits. It has too much gold, the shape and helmet are different from his previous suits, and it kept falling apart. For me his best suits were 2 through 7, and some of the House Party Protocol suits. His main suit assumed a different look starting with Iron Man 3. The lines on the face plate for example.
I mean this is my favorite suit, which is why I already have the fantastic QS version. I don't need to cough up another $500 for a smaller version of what I already have, especially when the QS was only $550 back then

Glad I sold the original one years ago as the shoulders always ruined it for me. The new version looks way better, might be tempted to pick it up

Glad I sold the original one years ago as the shoulders always ruined it for me. The new version looks way better, might be tempted to pick it up
The 1.0 was I believe the first diecast Iron Man? Or at least my first diecast Iron Man. Owned it and enjoyed it, but then sold it for the original Mark VI. Then sold that for the Mark 85 Battle-Damaged. Now I’ll own a Mark 42 again.

Had to check the date on these old photos of mine; can’t believe that was a decade ago!

IMG_0016.jpeg

IMG_0007.jpeg

Last edited:
Back