Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - 1/6th scale Iron Man Mark XLII (2.0) Collectible Figure (Deluxe Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From Instagram

452639112_1912734275814855_3329376369035734386_n.jpeg

The gold color seems to be wrong. It should be a champagne gold but it looks really yellow in video. Hopefully it's due to average video quality

Attachments

• marvellous_toys_20240726_101409_0.mp4
    6.9 MB
The gold color seems to be wrong. It should be a champagne gold but it looks really yellow in video. Hopefully it's due to average video quality

Looks like there's a strong light-source pointing right at it, judging from the reflection. The reveal photos are more gold.

Still not quite as accurate at the 1/4's paint, but much better than the 1.0.

I’m curious how the ab crunch will work on this figure; can’t get a good sense of it from the photos. I’d prefer it worked like the Mark 3 2.0 instead of the older figures that required elongating the torso even further before it could bend at all.

IMG_6435.jpeg

IMG_6436.jpeg

its up for pre-order now but as it will cost £535 to the UK i shall have to pass sadly.

very expensive; im a fan of this armor as it showed so much fun in iron man 3
the og release can be had for under 20k yen which is very cheap..

Price does hurt, but you do get a lot and multiple looks in one package particularly if you go for the deluxe. I'll order, but in no rush since there's no timed exclusive. The main focus this week is ordering the artisan figures

Last edited:
How are we feeling about the headsculpt on this? Is it just me thinking the eyes are off?
I think there's something a little odd about the eyes at some angles and his face looks too full to me in some angles, but I also think it's one of their best RDJ sculpts so far and probably second-best one to include moving eyes, after that new Mark II sculpt (which is obviously a younger Tony).

1722348468912.png

J.C. Hong has some behind-the-scenes pics today.

i think for this price, HT should have done the artisan treatment on his hair. i believe it will make the sculpt way closer to the IM3 movie. somehow after all these years, HT still suck at hair sculpting of RDJ, making him look like he down alot of hair gel for a fire fight LOL

Still painful but £413 + c/card charge seems fair with free shipping from kit its quite a saving & supports the independent businessman.

Back