Hot Toys 1:6 Justice League Figure Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember when everyone was unecessarily freaking out when this Batsuit came out. It looks good to me. One of the better armor suits coming out.

tcr0lrrom3oy.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I'm still not a fan but if I enjoy the movie it won't really bother me. I have two awesome versions from BvS on my shelf, happy to concentrate on the other members of the team for now. Maybe get more Batman when his solo movie comes out.

Personally I think 1 for each character will do. I don't enough money for all them.... Just jk...

One for each character in their primary suit is what I'm going for. I don't need multiple versions and I'd rather put that money towards something else. Always room for a few variant figures though. :lol Black suit Supes, Amazonian WW etc to go with the armoured Bats I already have.

I did say one version of their main suit. :lol not one version of each character.

haha.. it's ok!!! we understand..
First we said we don't want it..
When you see the prototype.. then hand itchy..... :p

At the currently moment, I'll probably be passing on most JL stuff. These are my current sentiments towards the figure for each character in the JL:

Regarding Batflecks, I already have three variants of him from BvS and personally prefer his regular suit from BvS anyway, so I don't really need to add another one.

The biggest change Superman will boast I'm guessing is probably once again a newly fabricated sculpt, with some minor tweaks (less black around the edges of the S perhaps, etc) to the suit that looks to be exactly the same as the BvS suit. As staunch of a Superman fan I am, I'll probably pass on that and just wait for the MoS 2 version, since that will at the least recycle the same sculpt they use on the JL figure and the suit I'm presuming will be a bit different by then. Like Batflecks, I don't really want to have an army of Cavill Supermans; especially two that have very minimal differences.

Like Superman, WW essentially sports the same suit as she did in BvS, so unless the figure is just head and shoulders above the BvS one, I'll probably pass on that one also. I'm guessing the body may be improved and it will boast a newly fabricated sculpt, so we'll see.

Cyborg isn't really a character I have much interest in as an individual character, and would be more a purchase to complete the team if I were getting the other figures. Since I likely won't be doing that, Cyborg is likely a pass.

I have an interest in a Flash figure, but at the same time, I'd also want to see what his suit looks like from his solo film.

Like Flash, I have an interest in Aquaman, but I also want to see what his look is from his solo film.

I remember when everyone was unecessarily freaking out when this Batsuit came out.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Around here, would it be any other way? :lol

Afleck's Batman and Mamoa's Aquaman are already taller than Cavill's Superman. I like Hammer, and think he should get a good superhero role. I'm just saying he would be very tall for Hal. I had the same problem with people suggesting The Rock and Idris Elba for John Stewart. I think the Green Lanterns should be slightly above average sized guys, 5' 10" to 6', with lean muscular builds as opposed to powerhouses. In addition to Bomer and Pettyfer, Bradley Cooper could also work. Thus far I think DC and Snyder have done a great job of casting actors that visually fit the characters, as good as Marvel and definitely better than Fox. Maybe Hammer could be cast as either Shazam or Martian Manhunter.

2e5lb29.jpg

Last edited:
Afleck's Batman and Mamoa's Aquaman are already taller than Cavill's Superman. I like Hammer, and think he should get a good superhero role. I'm just saying he would be very tall for Hal. I had the same problem with people suggesting The Rock and Idris Elba for John Stewart. I think the Green Lanterns should be slightly above average sized guys, 5' 10" to 6', with lean muscular builds as opposed to powerhouses. In addition to Bomer and Pettyfer, Bradley Cooper could also work. Thus far I think DC and Snyder have done a great job of casting actors that visually fit the characters, as good as Marvel and definitely better than Fox. Maybe Hammer could be cast as either Shazam or Martian Manhunter.

2e5lb29.jpg

Real actor heights are no problem in movies- never have been- it's all an illusion on screen really

I have a feeling I'll want Aquaman, Flash and Mera. Maybe Wonder Woman (unless her solo flick gives us a good figure) and Superman (if he's in a Black Suit)

I'll probably be Content with Rebreather Batman.

It's just a matter of time before we see the armoured bat suit in action on the big screens, get awed by it. Get awed by the prototype and before we know it, we will pre-order it before we know what hit us. Same cycle every single time. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If height was a problem, Tom Cruise would never get a leading man part! :lol

Except he wears lifts and they will often surround him with relatively short actors and extras. Sure you can work around height. Batman and Superman ended up configuring pretty well and I'd guess there were shots where Cavill was on an apple box or Affleck wasn't wearing shoes. Heck RDJ wears lifts and heels because he has to configure with Cap and Thor. We'll have to wait and see on the casting. To the best of our knowledge neither Hal or John have been cast, and it's highly possibly that the Green Lantern cameo could be Abin Sur or a different GL. It's also possible Hammer may already be under contract, a different name may surprise everyone, or an unknown might get the career-making role. It's not like Arnie Hammer is a household name, but he is due a franchise.

Regardless of who they cast I just hope the movie is good, especially after the last one. I get concerned when they talk Training Day and Lethal Weapon because I'm not crazy about the prospect of a dark, gritty movie bathed in muted colors and exploring the underbelly of the galaxy. Sure they like to call the lanterns "space cops", but should they be out there solving a murder mystery or busting an intergalactic crime ring? Tonally and visually I'm hoping it will be more along the lines of Guardians of the Galaxy. In certain respects I wouldn't be surprised if the folks over at DC will be closely monitoring the performance of GotG2 to decide whether or not to follow that model for GL.

I wonder if HT will offer the Batmobile this time out. I'm still waiting for the '66 version.

Back