Hot Toys 1:6 Justice League Figure Speculation

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they won't make Mera(mistake)....I do not know how deep HT will go on this but I'm sure we'll get the main heroes and possibly a bad guy

To be honest, I really don't see HT going wild with this film and doing anyone outside of the JL characters and their variants (TS Batman, BS Superman, etc). HT doesn't seem to have as much of a love affair with the DCEU the way they do with the MCU and Star Wars.

To be honest, I really don't see HT going wild with this film and doing anyone outside of the JL characters and their variants (TS Batman, BS Superman, etc). HT doesn't seem to have as much of a love affair with the DCEU the way they do with the MCU and Star Wars.

:exactly:

I don't see them producing the Parademons, Mera, Steppenwolf, or any other secondary characters. They didn't even make a Bruce Wayne figure or finish the #SKWAD.

but BvS sold out and are much in demand- maybe they might try other characters...?

but BvS sold out and are much in demand- maybe they might try other characters...?

That's true. However, going by that, you think they would have tried to further cash in by making a BD Armored Bats and perhaps even the BvS Batmobile. Often times the production of vehicles depends on how the figures in that line sell, so I don't know what may have been stopping them with the BvS Batmobile. They still may produce a BD Armored Bats some time, but I'd say it's unlikely at this point and they'll just move forward.

:exactly:

I don't see them producing the Parademons, Mera, Steppenwolf, or any other secondary characters. They didn't even make a Bruce Wayne figure or finish the #SKWAD.

:goodpost:

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I would put the Parademons as the equivalent of the Chitauri from the MCU in the first Avengers film and if I recall correctly, that figure sold poorly. With HT seemingly having more of a love affair with the MCU than the DCEU, I highly doubt they'd make the character equivalent of something that was a poor seller from the universe they have more of a love affair with.

Not sure they'd do Steppenwolf either, as again, I'd put him on the same level as Ultron Prime and that figure is still in stock at SSC I believe. I would think Loki was easier to do from the first Avengers film because they didn't do him from the first Thor film and he's more of a recurring villain than what someone like Ultron or Steppenwolf would be. Not to mention he's a normal sized human figure.

Speculation:

If HT are to do Aquaman, definitely it will not be the barechest one, it will be the one with this full armor....
Imagine a figure with such armor, will the articulation ends up like Thor figure? Or still like Stealth Suit Cap?
I do hope not....

Since Flash has some rooms between the pads, so maybe the articulation can be better....I hope

Cyborg figure will most probably end up like Ultron, if it's not diecast.....

Just my speculations.. :)

Or stick with what sells, like they did with Suicide Squad. I have no doubt we'll *probably* get the whole League, but I dunno.

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I would put the Parademons as the equivalent of the Chitauri from the MCU in the first Avengers film and if I recall correctly, that figure sold poorly. With HT seemingly having more of a love affair with the MCU than the DCEU, I highly doubt they'd make the character equivalent of something that was a poor seller from the universe they have more of a love affair with.

Those still haven't sold out at BBTS and Sideshow. :lol

Last edited:
Reminds me of Arkham games.

wxhQeZj

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

The villains will always be more secondary in terms of collecting for me. I'd love to have a huge display cabinet like you see at conventions you could walk around enjoying 360 degrees viewing angles and pose them fighting the parademons, Steppenwolf etc. Reality dictates I have a cabinet and shelving only looking at them front on meaning they are generally lined up in museum poses. That lends itself to having the League Members standing togther, putting villains alongside them wouldn't look quite right to me.

Joker, Harley can stand together along with Catwoman and Poinson Ivy when they get made.

As long as they make all the league members and black suit Supes if its in the movie I'm happy. As far as the movie goes it looks the parademons are cannon fodder to the give the heroes something to continually, punch, kick, stab, destroy in ever more elaborate ways. Don't think they'll be especially memorable in themselves. Do we know for sure who the main villain is yet?

i think Steppenwold is going to be a different design than the deleted scene from BvS, howeve I believe it is going to be performance capture. So if the body is oversized or requires special tooling doubtful there will be a figure.

I don't know if HT necessarily prefers doing Marvel characters over DC. Marvel has given them more material to work with. A larger roster of colorful characters, multiple movies per franchise and umpteen zillion Iron Man armors. Even after Justice League DC has a lot of catching up to do.

We have spoken about hot toys lack of villains . Nothing for Thor both thors, the first loki was shown in the catalog and canceled in favor of the avengers version . No yellow jacket , no baron zemo not that you would want one anyway considering he did not have a costume, no Ronan from GoG, no villain from Dr. Strange, No dooms day, no lizard from spiderman no venom, no green goblin from either movie if this trend continues we may not get anything from the upcoming Marvel movies including spiderman.

As far as parademons I consider them the equivalent of storm troopers and look how many we got of those both in the original and force awakens . Do it would be a shame not to get at least some DC villians we have Stephen wolf , Ares and a possible cameo of darkside and his minions.

They flood the market with 2 franchises , iron man and star wars and wonder why nobody buys it how many types of iron man and storm troopers can a person get?

There is such an appetite for DC products just because it's new it's not like we have the 5 version of black widow and 4 Hawkeyes 2 falcons 8 captain America it all the very new minus the trinity so they need to captilize on this.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Really not sure HT do prefer Marvel over DC. It's Iron Man they go crazy on. Take him out and its pretty even.

Really not sure HT do prefer Marvel over DC. It's Iron Man they go crazy on. Take him out and its pretty even.

:goodpost: It's exactly this!

I've seen all the Avengers HT figures reduced over here recently, only IM commands top dollar - not something you do if the figures are selling well!
Obviously Marvel have become popular with the MCU, and I think HT main problem has been over-saturation of figures – as we all know their figures are not cheap, and if you're an ordinary working joe, wanting to put the team together, then you're only gonna get one version of each.
It's the situation i'm in now with the Justice League – i've got Superman and Batman from BvS, I'm extremely happy with them and I won't be getting new versions... and it'll be the same with the rest of the team, i'll only be getting one of each, so will have to carefully consider which ones I get as I assume there will be at least two costumes for Aquaman and Flash.

We have spoken about hot toys lack of villains . Nothing for Thor both thors, the first loki was shown in the catalog and canceled in favor of the avengers version . No yellow jacket , no baron zemo not that you would want one anyway considering he did not have a costume, no Ronan from GoG, no villain from Dr. Strange, No dooms day, no lizard from spiderman no venom, no green goblin from either movie if this trend continues we may not get anything from the upcoming Marvel movies including spiderman.

As far as parademons I consider them the equivalent of storm troopers and look how many we got of those both in the original and force awakens . Do it would be a shame not to get at least some DC villians we have Stephen wolf , Ares and a possible cameo of darkside and his minions.

They flood the market with 2 franchises , iron man and star wars and wonder why nobody buys it how many types of iron man and storm troopers can a person get?

There is such an appetite for DC products just because it's new it's not like we have the 5 version of black widow and 4 Hawkeyes 2 falcons 8 captain America it all the very new minus the trinity so they need to captilize on this.

Firstly, I think the lack of MCU villains being made, is purely down to them mostly being... well, extremely poor! The ones they've made (with the exception of Electro) have been the only heavy-hitters the franchise has... and even then Red Skull was criminally under used! I am surprised Venom wasn't made but we did get Harry's Goblin figure.
And as for Iron Man... I think he sells well in Asia... Asian collectors love Robots, and he appeals to that niche – maybe Cyborg will too.

As far as Parademons go, well HT made two Chitauri figures, so there's a chance (and let's face it the Parademons look waaayyy cooler, and scarier) – however I've seen the Chitauri figures online selling really cheap so they might not have been great sellers... probably the main reason for HT not making many villains, if their sales were poor... the exception here being Joker and Harley Quinn who are massively popular characters and sell very well.

The Suicide Squad figures are all sold-out on pre-orders over here in the UK too.. not saying all the characters would be that popular, but regardless of what people think of the movies, the figures (and character design) seem to be very popular. Personally I would love to get all the main Skwad... and as long as all the main JL characters are made i'll be a happy bunny! :pray:

I wonder if they intend on making any more SS figures the ones we got are the main characters although a full line up would look cool

- Batman
- Tactical Suit Batman
- Superman
- Wonder Woman
- Flash
- Aquaman
- Cyborg

I think Cyborg actually has a less likely chance of getting done, He requires a specialized body and I could see that being a "wait and see" situation for HT. Both Batmans for sure, Wonder Woman. I think Flash and Aquaman as well I would even argue that Aquaman gets offered up before Wonder Woman and/or Superman

He is definitely the darling of the trailer and HT loves to cash in on hype

tumblr_one08v3ozD1rpb83ho2_500.gif

tumblr_oner250nIc1vs6xh0o1_500.gif

I could see HT doing parademons similar to the Chitauri even though those didn't sell out but I have a feeling that Cyborg will be the "Drax" of the Justice League where people are clamoring for it just to finish the League and he is lingering around.

Back