Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not here seeking for a forumfight or something

I am just saying that Salvatore is right when he said that the tumbler is not really a batmobile, even if it says so on the box.

And you are right, it is a combination based on a hummer and a lambo. Many of us batfreaks know what the origins are of the tumbler and I assume many have seen that making of...

And we said "tank" but you got the point...it is supposed to be a indestructible vehicle used for military purpose, OK NOT A TANK, we used the wrong words, but again, you got the point since you obviously are poring with wisdom based on your 2 posts on this board.

btw Welcome on the board! :)

ps: the real batmobile, that is made and designed especially for Batman directly, should be apearing in the 3rd batfilm. I would assume that we'll see actual batmotives in that car, like the '89 model from Furst.
Although I hope the next car will have a more destinctive batmotive to it.

Sorry for the harsh word... i dont mean for a forum fight here. Ive been following this site for quite sometime and keep mum following the discussion.. as a "HT Batmobile" owner, me kinda felt intimidated by the comment....so no hard feeling for being rude for the first post.

IMO, Lucius did mentioned to Bruce in the movie that two of this tumbler will jump over a river to make a bridge.. so i suspect another tumbler will make a comeback in the 3rd movie with additional feature and hopefully with a Batjet.

Cheers...

Last edited:
You've missed the crucial point why I said that. How many shops would carefully inspect it for you, take a photo and give you an option what to take. Re-package it for better transit so you do not have to go through all the hassle of having to send it back.

They are doing this for good customer service. Or upon request. Could you imagine the hassle if somebody had two attempts at this thing and they were both duffers? lots of P&P expenses back and forth.

No, I got your point loud and clear.

I'm just not a fan of retailers or others messing with my merchandise in general, especially ham-fisted customs officials. It's an opinion, simple as that. As stated before, I can see why it is beneficial for something like the Batmobile where common packing problems have been noted across the board, so an exception to the general rule would be commendable on the retailer's part. However, a majority of items don't fit that scenario.

Not bashing toys2 at all over this...it is great that they are giving customers peace of mind for the HT Batmobile due to the expense involved, as long as it is being done by request vice being done as SOP.

To each his own.

Toys2 asked me if I wanted them to open it to check all was well and I said yes. They offered me one of 2 choices of Tumbler and gave me their recommendation. I have it now and despite a few mild scratches, one area of seemingly dripped glue and some white glue residue around the windows I'm fine with it. Normally I wouldn't want my toy being opened by anyone else but in this case I think it was worth making exception.

I've been watching Batman Begins tonight and giving it my vague toy/film comparisons and its bloody good by me! :banana Even the interior seems to have detail in the right places except missing a few screens and switches above the side windows. I'm sure an exacting study of blueprints and precise frame-by-frame comparison would reveal innaccuracies but I can't be bothered going to that trouble. And ignorance is bliss when it comes to these things.

Bat"Mobile" like automobile...

It's the Batmobile simply because Batman drives it.

Even a Pinto would be a Batmobile as long as Bruce Wayne drove when he dressed up as Batman...:lol

that is what I said!! it is called the batmobile becaues he rides it.....(read my posts, I said it)

but I repeat, it is not a real batmobile, since it was not made for batman and is a military vechicle.

also you can ask yourself if it is a batmobile because he rides it, than a Mini Cooper is also a "batmobile" because he rides it :)

And what if batman never drove the tumbler and it was used for the military, would you say it was a batmobile just by the looks of it? aha!

Tanks don't jump and they certainly will not even reach 50mph ever! Doesn't the Tumbler reach near 90mph?... A tank cannot outrun police cars.

It s speed is quoted as 220MPH -which is fine by me.Faster the better,however unfeasible it is!!

Be thankful it s not the early'70s,when Batman briefly drove what can only be described as a RX-7 with wings!!

My personal favourite Batmobile was a Norm Breyfogle drawn creation that only appeared during "The Fear" storyline in April/May 1989.

IMO, Lucius did mentioned to Bruce in the movie that two of this tumbler will jump over a river to make a bridge.. so i suspect another tumbler will make a comeback in the 3rd movie with additional feature and hopefully with a Batjet.

Cheers...

All Lucius says is that "2 of these" could be used to jump a river to make a bridge... but he never says that 2 were MADE. It's possible there might be another, but he doesn't say that there is.

Did anyone in here in the UK get a BATPOD from Eric @ toys2? and if so if you dont mind me asking what was the final price to you all in? Just I have been drooling over the pics of this and would really like to get but am just worried about the end price. Thanks for any replies ladies and gentlemen :D

All Lucius says is that "2 of these" could be used to jump a river to make a bridge... but he never says that 2 were MADE. It's possible there might be another, but he doesn't say that there is.

that is correct :)
he was implying to the possibilities what 2 of these could do...that isn't the same as suggesting 2 of them are actually made.

So if that is true and only 1 is made, that means the only Tumbler left was destroyed in TDK.
So to be honest I think (and hope) we will not see a tumbler in the 3rd, we have already seen it in the first 2 movies, it's good enough.
Even the most sexy batmobile of all time didn't last for 3 movies....:horror

+ Nolans intentional idea was to have the Tumbler destroyed in the first movie, so I am quit certain that they will come up with a whole new and real Batmobile :)

The nose and the windshield on the original Tumbler is in one line (straight).

Did anyone manage to get his windshield in the same line as the nose is (like in the photo). Maybe pushing down the windshield?

tumblerstraightnose.jpg

I don't think i've quite mastered the opening and closing of the windshield although I'm pretty sure everyone is having the same issue where it doesn't close totally flush. Theres a gap at the bottom. As for getting a straight line top to bottom I'll have to double check that when I can.

Bat"Mobile" like automobile...

It's the Batmobile simply because Batman drives it.

Even a Pinto would be a Batmobile as long as Bruce Wayne drove when he dressed up as Batman...:lol

I like this line of thought. In this way it's like Air Force One.

I like this line of thought. In this way it's like Air Force One.

just like I said, batman drives, no wait SITS in a Mini Cooper...that one second he sits in it, it becomes THE BATMOBILE

look, here is the picture of the batmobile
https://media.photobucket.com/image/mini cooper batmobile/hn36628/Mine modeller/DSCF2761a.jpg

this IS the batmobile, although it doesn't look like one...why is it the batmobile you ask? because Batman sat in it, that's why :)
(not my thinking, but the thinking of mr.thrifty)
Every vechicle in wich batman sits or drives is automatically the batmobile..

just like I said, batman drives, no wait SITS in a Mini Cooper...that one second he sits in it, it becomes THE BATMOBILE

look, here is the picture of the batmobile
https://media.photobucket.com/image/mini cooper batmobile/hn36628/Mine modeller/DSCF2761a.jpg

this IS the batmobile, although it doesn't look like one...why is it the batmobile you ask? because Batman sat in it, that's why :)
(not my thinking, but the thinking of mr.thrifty)
Every vechicle in wich batman sits or drives is automatically the batmobile..

It's not any vehicle that batman sits in, it's any vehical that he chooses to use as his main mode of transportation.

So if batman were to choose a mini as his main mode of transport then yes, it would be the batmobile, however ridiculous it may look.

Whatever, I paid $400 for the goddamn thing, I'm calling it the Batmobile. :D And if future movies feature new and different cars and if Hot Toys makes 1/6 versions of them, I will be thrilled for the chance to fill out my Bat-garage with as many of them as they make.

I can't believe people are wasting pages going on and on about the Batmobile.....and is it this or that if Bruce Wayne sits in it or whatever. Just call it the Tumbler and be done. This is all fiction....so its open to interpretation. Some people take things a bit too far.......

It's not any vehicle that batman sits in, it's any vehical that he chooses to use as his main mode of transportation.

So if batman were to choose a mini as his main mode of transport then yes, it would be the batmobile, however ridiculous it may look.

Thanks Mollins for clarifing that for Riko...:lol

I can't believe people are wasting pages going on and on about the Batmobile.....and is it this or that if Bruce Wayne sits in it or whatever. Just call it the Tumbler and be done. This is all fiction....so its open to interpretation. Some people take things a bit too far.......

Batmobile...:rolleyes:

Hmm.. apparently some individual choose to discredit the Tumbler as Batmobile however its was clearly mentioned in the movie, dvd, blu ray the making features and comments/identified by the director, producer and etc as a bat-mobile.
Batmobile (Bat = Batman) + (Mobile = a mechanical/device which takes one from point A to point B)

Hmm.. apparently some individual choose to discredit the Tumbler as Batmobile however its was clearly mentioned in the movie, dvd, blu ray the making features and comments/identified by the director, producer and etc as a bat-mobile.
Batmobile (Bat = Batman) + (Mobile = a mechanical/device which takes one from point A to point B)

and at the end of the day this all matters how......

Thanks Mollins for clarifing that for Riko...:lol

it was already clear for me, Mollins and I are on the same level if you didn't notice.
We both agree that everyt vechile where batman sits his ass in is a automatically a Batmobile, however foolish that vechicle may see.
So yess, even the Tumbler becomes a "batmobile"...

It's a cool vechile that I am willing to buy for the batman collection, but I do hope that Nolan and his team will come up with a real batmobile looking batmobile for the next film ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back