Hot Toys 1/6 Tumbler/Batpod Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I were to buy one of these and have it placed in a case,do you guys think it'd be big enough to use as a coffee table?

Probably, depending how sturdy the case is. 29" for the vehicle, an extra 6 - 8" either side for the case.

If I were to buy one of these and have it placed in a case,do you guys think it'd be big enough to use as a coffee table?

you are going about it the wrong way ;)
displayn.jpg

this is not my setup, darn told him to start his own thread, now I dont remember the members name who came up with this
I was ready to do the same but something bigger took over :p

It's gonna be hard enough coming up with the scratch for the tumbler,Geill.Not sure I could pull off a batpod,too.:p

It's gonna be hard enough coming up with the scratch for the tumbler,Geill.Not sure I could pull off a batpod,too.:p

Actually the picture was not to tease you to get the Batpod too though that is a nice setup with the Batpod :lol
Much rather that you should not think about a case that will serve as a coffee table as well but rather a coffee table that could serve as a case as well and this is exactly what a member here did :)

Thanks to a bad seller on eBay, I ended up with two Tumblers for $325 shipped. Although one of them has various damage. If I could get a hold of a Batpod, I would seriously consider splitting the damaged one in half, and making it look like the Batpod is coming out of it. Has anyone attempted that yet?

Sorry but does that actually sound like a crazy good deal? Let me clarify you paid $325 shipped for both a good and a damaged Tumbler????

Ah,I see.That's a great set-up that the person has,if I do manage to obtain one of these beauties,I'd definitely like a setup like that,in fact,that's actually kind of like what I had pictured in my head.Thanks for sharing,Geil.

Don't thank me but the creator. Just can't seem to remember his name here :slap come on out whereever you are.
Btw it's the Granas coffee table from Ikea with simple mod to lower the shelf and then use you imagination to add a base and some acrylic on the sides to close it up. I personally am going to cut, route and paint an MDF panel for base.

It's a long story. I bought one for $720 that was supposed to be mint, and it came damaged. The seller wanted me to go through USPS for the claim. Meanwhile I bought anoher one for $600, and after I won it I asked the seller to confirm that it was mint. He opened it and the winshield had fallen out, so he gave me a deal for $325 shipped. After a long process with my insurance claim I was denied and then I appealed it and was denied again. I had also opened a case with eBay, and the seller was able to convince them that I had buyers remorse since I bought another one. So after about 5 calls at 1 hour each, I was able to show them that I had all of the evidence on my side. They ended up refunding me the full amount and I got to keep it. I was able to swap the winshields, and now have one mint one. It obviously worked out for me in the end, but it took me 6-months to get my money back. The key thing that I stressed to them was that I had already started a claim before the second tumbler I bought was even listed.
I'm not sure if you remember, but I had written in one of the threads about the damage when I first received it, and I'm pretty sure you had given me a response about getting replacement parts.

So If I understand right...the ebayer was a scumbag that tried to keep your money ??? What a road you have gone through just to get a perfect Tumbler. I am very surprised you just didn't give up. So how long ago was this ? In the end I hope you that you are satisfied and that the whole experience did not leave a bad taste in your mouth ....

Un super Dio mais je ne le ferais pas avec ma Batmobile

The tumbler is so big and my apartment is so small that I have yet to display it. My wife has finally started asking what is in that big brown box in our bedroom (I sneaked into our apartment last year when she was away visiting family). I thought I could hide it among the other brown boxes in my warehouse/bedroom, but the cat is now out of the bag :)

One day we will have a home big enough to display it...and big enough to raise children as well, but that is secondary :)

The tumbler is so big and my apartment is so small that I have yet to display it. My wife has finally started asking what is in that big brown box in our bedroom (I sneaked into our apartment last year when she was away visiting family). I thought I could hide it among the other brown boxes in my warehouse/bedroom, but the cat is now out of the bag :)

One day we will have a home big enough to display it...and big enough to raise children as well, but that is secondary :)

:lol Laughed as I read this as I have many times attempted to schedule deliveries for times when the wife is away.

Guess we all have to pay the piper eventually. :)

haha this is so common amongst us, you won;t believe it! I have 2 stages, first stop is inside the garage but my single door is filled to the top with tools and a car already so stuff then moves into hidden spaces inside my living/dining room. I think I have to eventually start looking into the final destination in the attic for some retired stuff or boxes at the least

haha this is so common amongst us, you won;t believe it! I have 2 stages, first stop is inside the garage but my single door is filled to the top with tools and a car already so stuff then moves into hidden spaces inside my living/dining room. I think I have to eventually start looking into the final destination in the attic for some retired stuff or boxes at the least

Man, you are lucky...what I would do for an attic...or at the very least another closet (we only have 2 in the apartment).

I sold my comics last year (160 boxes) and my wife was so happy as she thought we would now have room for a bed in the bedroom (we sleep on a futon in the livingroom)...little did she know that it only made a small dent what with all my other boxes of collectibles

The only reason I finally sold my comics was that the weight of all those boxes had caused the support beam underneath our bedroom to crack...my neighbor below could have been crushed by 160 boxes of comics!! Luckily Hot Toys don't weigh as much :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back