Hot Toys 1/6th scale The JOKER Photo thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys,
I've spent the day painting up this Joker. It's about 75% done. I still have a lot more work to do. I can't believe how much yellow I've been adding to the hair, adding highlights, etc, and it still shows up so damn green on camera! lol Anyway, please add your comments and criticisms to help me out. I will continue to work on improving his eyes, mouth, hair, hairline...everything. :p

nwnh95.jpg

Last edited:
I never realized how much that sculpt looks to be based on that pic. I guess it was one of the earlier pics of the Joker released so it makes perfect sense. Good job so far! It certainly looks better than the factory paint job! I can actually see some Heath in there now.

The main thing that sticks out is the new hairline. Fill in that gap or go back to the original. Other than that, you've brought out the best of this sculpt.

I would say mess with the mouth a bit, but i'm just an observer, no painting skills whatsoever. A little more messy read perhaps?
Great job

Hey guys,
I've spent the day painting up this Joker. It's about 75% done. I still have a lot more work to do. I can't believe how much yellow I've been adding to the hair, adding highlights, etc, and it still shows up so damn green on camera! lol Anyway, please add your comments and criticisms to help me out. I will continue to work on improving his eyes, mouth, hair, hairline...everything. :p

nwnh95.jpg

looks pretty good, just make the eyes darker and add more black under the eye. also, the edge where the hair meets the forehead is too obvious, put either skin/makeup/extra sculpted hair there, to make it less obvious. i would opt for the skin color and just show the original hairline.

while i like the hair the way it is, to get what you want, i would say lightly dry-brush a mix of yellow/white on the ends of the hair, and brown/yellow at the roots. if you just add yellow by itself, it should come out looking more green or neon green which is too inaccurate. just try blending yellows and dry-brushing it.

hope that is helpful.

Thanks for the comments guys! Yeah, the hairline has really bugged me because Heath's was lower on the forehead than what was sculpted. I will sculpt some filler in to ease the transition. For the hair color, I have mixed a variety of browns, yellows, whites and greens together in various mixtures. Nothing completely satisfactory yet. I always go subtle for shifts in color hues, but I will need to add more contrast for it to show up on camera. For around the eyes, I used a gray/black mixtures painted ontop of skin tone. From the movie stills, the area around the eyes shows quite of a bit of skin through the makeup. I will work on all of this, but I probably won't finish until after tomorrow (Easter-big family day).

very cool custom Seb, as always :rock

here's my 'Joker' shelf. got the nurse costume today :banana

just wiating for the right shoes for the 2nd BR Joker and a silver slide Glock for the Nurse Joker.
SL731716.jpg

SL731717.jpg

SL731718.jpg

SL731719.jpg

SL731720.jpg

Here's my custom Joker with a custom coat of grenade

IMG_1571.jpg

IMG_1572.jpg

IMG_1573.jpg

I like the paint job a lot. I am usually averse to rooted hair. But, this (along with one particular Harvey Dent custom) is one of the best uses of rooted hair I've ever seen. I like the hair in principle, but I do believe I would flatten out the back right (our right) a bit -- it looks a bit "bed head"-ish.

That being said -- it is far better than anything I could put together.

SnakeDoc

Back