Hot Toys 1992 Batman Returns 2.0

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's cool but at the same time not at all original, I hope that this time the final product will conform to the prototype.

Looks like a much better figure than ‘89, but I still prefer ‘89 design from the movie. Sad.

It looks like this one has two different people. The sculpt of the lips are different between masked and unmasked. Unmasked Keaton has the same lips as ‘89, in case anyone hasn’t noticed.
76B6F4E9-5F3C-4585-9A14-D9D3350074AD.jpeg

Hey, if the original Returns faceplates looked fine, then don’t fix what ain’t broken, of course, but at least use the same lips as the faceplate offered because it looks a little more accurate.

Wrong belt color, but overall, this is a more accurate representation than their attempt with ‘89.

Still hate the cape, dang it!

Diorama base is freakin’ amazing, tho!

The faceplates being shown here are all Returns 1.0 reuse, at least currently.

Hopefully they refine them to better reflect the new sculpt, but I don’t want them to have that soft texture of the ‘89 2.0 lips, that helped throw off the likeness.

I also prefer ‘89 as a suit, movie, and overall design, but I do like this and it’s better than settling for less than.

Will look great next to Catwoman, can leave the JazzInc ‘89 Batmobile by itself as I think the car presents best that way.

I know that the capes texture is not accurate and what not. But f’n a, the 2.0 cape behaves soo goddamn well that it’s a huge huge improvement over the trash bag of the dx09. And if they use it for this, which I think they will, then I’ll be fine.

Oh it’s guaranteed they’ll reuse the new ‘89 2.0 cape, they’re already having to make one new cape here. That will be their drape / wired Keaton cape for a while.

IMG_4522.jpeg

Oh it’s guaranteed they’ll reuse the new ‘89 2.0 cape, they’re already having to make one new cape here. That will be their drape / wired Keaton cape for a while.

View attachment 726789
I do find myself wondering how the flightsuit/wings/cape attaches to the figure?
from the other photo I thought maybe it was the hands holding the thumb claw - but from this pic its clear that was just forced perspective and not how it actually is held up/on the body.

I do find myself wondering how the flightsuit/wings/cape attaches to the figure?
from the other photo I thought maybe it was the hands holding the thumb claw - but from this pic its clear that was just forced perspective and not how it actually is held up/on the body.
It’s a completely newly designed cape just for that purpose. It goes under the cowl like all the other capes, this one doesn’t attach anywhere, it has one big joint implanted along the edge of the cape that helps hold itself up.

As much as I want 1/6 scale Keaton Batman figures, I am going to pass until they do the suits accurately, not all rubber. Also, the likeness is still lacking.

Three things about these initial images:

1) Did they resculpt the boots? They look different to the first release to me.

2) They made some odd choices with the face plates the first time around- two rather similar open mouth expressions. I wish they would have added a smirking one (when he responds "Things change.") a smiling headsculpt (reveal he strapped the clown bomb to the big thug) and perhaps a pursed lips expression (seen when he's driving the Batmobile / Batkiboat and punching Red Triangle Gang Members / relieving them of their weapons).

3) Still no RTG Dynamite Bomb accessory?

Overall, though, it is still rather tempting. It's my favourite Batsuit and I love Batman Returns. I think this might become my first (and hopefully last) HT double-dip.

Last edited:
SheugWhy is link not on the main page of the SS website yet?

since the eyes are rolling on the unmasked sculpt..I’d assume that the head is not glued onto the ripped cowl so if we want we can make a custom BW Keaton using this head I hope
It was last night 🤷‍♂️

Love this, but I'm still on the fence. I have the original two-pack, and I'd love to swap out this Bruce Wayne head for that one, display the original with the broken cowl look, and the new one with the wingspan. But I've already ordered the Phoenix Joker, and if Batman & Robin go up for sale, that's too many figures for my yearly budget - especially if I opt in for the Jazz Inc. Catwoman. This one's definitely an improvement with the Bruce head, cape, and base, but is that enough for me to order it instead of a new figure altogether...

I believe it’s the ripped cowl from the 1.0 which explains the lack of sheen on the Bat emblem. This’ll likely be among the few updates they do during production.

Back