Hot Toys Assassin's Creed II - **Updated with Official Specs and Pics**

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry guys for the long waited review I promised a few days ago. It got here Tuesday and I am only free to collect it today. After a few hours with the figure, I can say that those still on the fence about this figure, GET IT!!! It's an amazing figure and a milestone by Hot Toys in terms of tailoring. You thought the T800 and T1000 clothing was fantastic? Wait till you see this figure in hand. For now, enjoy the pics my boss took. (My pictures will come Monday)

I love the art on the box. It fits the theme of the videogame and it's simple and elegant. I also love the fact that it's one of those book style boxes. I really hate those sleeve style boxes by HT. Most of the time, the sleeve will fall apart after some time.

Let's move on to the headsculpt. This headsculpt is a step above their usual videogame line work. The headsculpt is easily on par with their MMS. It looks amazingly realistic with really nice skintone and his ever present five o'clock shadow. Ezio spots a determine look and the eyes are painted looking slightly up, perfect for those 'death from above' assassination poses. There is also a pony tail attachment if you choose to display him hoods down, I honestly do not see why I will want to pose him hoods down but it's a nice gesture by HT.

My only slightly nitpick is his scar. It’s a little too soft. It's there just that it doesn't jump out at you but I guess I am being really picky here. Also, I would have love another head with his slight smirk that he spots in the trailers.

I was talking about how amazing the costume is and IT IS!!! It never ceases to amazed me how Hot Toys could sourced such thin fabric. Ezio is wearing like three layers of clothing and he doesn't look bulky at all. In fact, it looks like he is only wearing one layer of clothing from the outside. The costume is full of fine detailing with patterns front and back, the left shoulder leather piece especially impressive with the pattern press into it. Those worried that the cape might be too thick can rest easy. It's made from very thin material and there is a thin wire at the bottom. You can easily make it looks really flowing and it doesn't get in the way.

The hood has been a source of controversy and out of the box, it does look horrible. It can be futz and can be made to look really close to the videogame, as close as humanely possible. One thing we need to be realistic here is it will never look as good as the game. If you look at the Lineage short film, the hood doesn’t hang as well as the game either. So, with a bit of patience and careful adjusting, the hood will look good enough.

Despite wearing multiple layers of clothing, the articulation is not hindered in any way. He is super poseable and you can easily recreate any pose you want from the game. The fact that his boots is a two piece design helps. I hope HT will try to implement more of this style of construction for their boots in the future. There have been countless figure that are really poseable only to be limited by the boots in the end (Blade, Jill, Abigail, Comedian,....)

Accessories wise, you are not going to find the arsenal of weapons that are common with the RE figure. Ezio does have the key weapons from the game such as his two signature blade, which is not retractable (hard to implement reliably in this scale). The detail on the two blade is very well done, with patterns on the blade itself. The left gauntlet has all the fine detail and the Assassin’s symbol painted silver. My only gripe is here is where is the gun attachment? That would have been a really cool touch since it’s one of the key scenes in the trailer. We also get six throwing knives with all kinds of fine detail, in addition to one dagger and sword of Altair. It would be cool if they could include some of the hammer, axe, and mace along. I mean they gave so many (weapons) with the RE series and I don’t see why they could not have done the same here.

Overall, this is a must have for fans of the series. This will most likely be the best collectible released so far for Assassin’s Creed 2. There will be more Ezio figure coming from Neca and Play Arts but those are from a different category all together and will not be as poseable and as fun as the HT version. If this sell well, I hope to see more figure from the series (Altair, Ezio Altair Armour)

Ps- if the review format seems familiar, it’s because I based it on those fantastic reviews by Michael and Jeff. Those two are my inspiration and I always look forward to their opinion on anything Hot Toys.

Ezio_09.jpg

Ezio_10.jpg

Ezio_12.jpg

Ezio_13.jpg

Ezio_14.jpg

Ezio_15.jpg

Ezio_16.jpg

Ezio_17.jpg

Ezio_18.jpg

Ezio_19.jpg

awesome pictures !!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Only pic i got a chance to take before battery died. This is one of Hot Toys best figures ever made IMO.

t5rm1d.jpg

Only pic i got a chance to take before battery died. This is one of Hot Toys best figures ever made IMO.

t5rm1d.jpg

Nice pic Val. You made the whole Hood/neck thing a lot less apparent here. can't wait to get mine.

Attachments

• GEDC1713.JPG
    GEDC1713.JPG
    460.1 KB · Views: 15
  • GEDC1714.JPG
    GEDC1714.JPG
    452.3 KB · Views: 11
  • GEDC1715.JPG
    GEDC1715.JPG
    273.6 KB · Views: 11
Yea, just take your time and crease the two shirt collars a bit more and it looks great.Be careful too when running your fingers over the red lines on the outer shirt, the white outlined fabric can easily fray if you have dry hands or some dry bits by your nail still, though its not that big of an issue.

Oh, and the necklace is a pain in the ____ing ass to get the clear plastic covering off the metal parts of it, use small scissors and a little patience.

Noisetrigger pretty much covered all that is so impressive about this figure, i love Terminator more then a video game but, this figure has my eyes on it way more in just a few hours after opening it compared to when i opened my T-1000 .

I did the water treatment thing and it looks much better. Now it is looking really close to the game. Pics first thing tomorrow morning!!!

I agree with Valfar about the white stripe fraying. I was trimming of a lot of extra threads just now only to realized it was actually fraying. I stopped immediately cause the white strip is getting thinner and thinner. LOL.

Looks great but I still think there's a little kind of, 'cheap' look to this figure that's stopping me from purchasing. Also not overly impressed by the HS.

It looks much better in person looks thousand times better after water treatment and futzing.

Reason is looks cheap is a lot of those pics is because of bad hood futzing and also bad posing.

The headsculpt is spot on to the videogame. Out of curiosity, what do you not like about the HS?

I have to agree with Blakus. I canceled by PO after seeing this figure in person at a local hobby store. I have nothing against the accuracy of the HS. I just don't like the way he looks for some reason. Maybe it's his hair cut? I don't know but with all of these great figures coming out he didn't make the cut for me at the very least.

To each their own, but I absolutely love how this figure looks like. I'm definitely going to do a lot of futzing once I get it next week. Also, let's face it, if it were another company besides Hot Toys, this figure would have been REALLY bad.

Last edited:
To each their own, but I absolutely love how this figure looks like. I'm definitely going to do a lot of futzing once I get it next week. Also, let's face it, if it were another company besides Hot Toys, this figure would have been REALLY bad.

That I will not deny, hehe.

just wondering would it be difficult for someone to alter this costume to make the Master Assassin costume..
the metal part is would be hard I know..

Nice nice. The first pic really does it for me.

So what exactly is water treating? Just getting it wet and shaping it?

it really does look so much better so noisetrigger, u better share what u did with everybody... hehe

What I did was wetting the hood with dabs of water, shaping it and then letting it dry. Once it's dry, the hood will stay in shape.

It's a very simple process though it will take some patience and it is best to refer to the game cover for reference in getting the shape right. I did the same thing to the collar so it sits better.

I also did some futzing to the clothing and belt so it fits and drapes better and basically cure the non neck problem.

I hope these pics will help you guys made the decision of getting it or not.

Back