1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was pretty ambitious for the price being asked and I'm not sure what Jaxon's team is compared to say Mars. I too would like to know why a magnet couldn't have been installed and why the paint wasn't sealed on the faces or whatever the reason is for having to handle them gently. I can only guess the funds didn't allocate these things or perhaps that budget went to more important aspects.

It was pretty ambitious for the price being asked and I'm not sure what Jaxon's team is compared to say Mars. I too would like to know why a magnet couldn't have been installed and why the paint wasn't sealed on the faces or whatever the reason is for having to handle them gently. I can only guess the funds didn't allocate these things or perhaps that budget went to more important aspects.
What is the issue with paint on the face?

I think people are overreacting/misreading that Instagram message.

Don’t think Jaxon means you need blutack for the faceplate to stick to the cowl hole. I think it’s form fitting, probably plugs in like a Lego. What he’s warning everyone about is USING YOUR HANDS/FINGERS to dislodge the faceplate out of the cowl. By using your hands or a tool, you risk scratching the face. If you roll a piece of blutack, stick it to say his lips, you’ll be able to pull the plate out easier without worrying about scratching. It’s literally in the sentence. “Use blutack to stick on mouth plate when exchange”, when exchanging NOT when in use.

Hot Toys used to have a similar disclaimer back in the day,

2456CB99-B18A-473E-BA53-81A3D60C614F.jpeg

Last edited:

Don’t think Jaxon means you need blutack for the faceplate to stick to the cowl hole. I think it’s form fitting, probably plugs in like a Lego. What he’s warning everyone about is USING YOUR HANDS/FINGERS to dislodge the faceplate out of the cowl. By using your hands or a tool, you risk scratching the face. If you roll a piece of blutack, stick it to say his lips, you’ll be able to pull the plate out easier without worrying about scratching. It’s literally in the sentence. “Use blutack to stick on mouth plate when exchange”, when exchanging NOT when in use.

View attachment 709248
Makes sense ! Thanks man for the explanations.

View attachment 709248

Wow. Was this on the DX09 instructions?

View attachment 709248
Thanks for the clarification! That makes a lot more sense than using blue tac to stick on the face plate.

Dang I was thinking about getting a couple more wanted to see one in hand first though.

Hopefully we get some in hand pics soon. My fear is that Jaxon's is undersized and it will look like that pin head guy from Beetlejuice.

Just taking stock in my Batman Bale collection .
MMS595 Order total: $130.86 (new on sale at sideshow) .
Jaxon Xu's 1/6 Scale Masked head sculpt with 2 exchangeable mouth plates $80
BATMOBILE Hot Toys MMS596 Order total: $434.07 (new on sale at sideshow) .
Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises Bat-Pod MMS177 Order total: $143.10 .
Hot Toys DX02 The Dark Knight Batman (bought this damaged just to put it into the Batmobile) Order total: $121.90 .
Hot Toys DX02 The Dark Knight Batman Order total: $174.90 (liked the first one so much bought a undamaged one .
Hot Toys Batman DX19 Order total: $50 (rub on leg from crotch grabber ) .

Just taking stock in my Batman Bale collection .
MMS595 Order total: $130.86 (new on sale at sideshow) .
Jaxon Xu's 1/6 Scale Masked head sculpt with 2 exchangeable mouth plates $80
BATMOBILE Hot Toys MMS596 Order total: $434.07 (new on sale at sideshow) .
Hot Toys The Dark Knight Rises Bat-Pod MMS177 Order total: $143.10 .
Hot Toys DX02 The Dark Knight Batman (bought this damaged just to put it into the Batmobile) Order total: $121.90 .
Hot Toys DX02 The Dark Knight Batman Order total: $174.90 (liked the first one so much bought a undamaged one .
Hot Toys Batman DX19 Order total: $50 (rub on leg from crotch grabber ) .
wow those are really good prices you paid, did you use additional discounts on sideshow?

wow those are really good prices you paid, did you use additional discounts on sideshow?

BATMOBILE Hot Toys MMS596 ORDER SUMMARY​

SUBTOTAL:$630.00
DISCOUNTS:-$220.50
REWARDS:-$15.00
TAX:$24.57
SHIPPING:$15.00
ORDER TOTAL:$434.07

MMS595 ORDER SUMMARY
SUBTOTAL:$255.00
DISCOUNTS:-$76.50
REWARDS:-$60.05
TAX:$7.41