1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The people I predicted would trash the cowl did not disappoint. I am really only surprised by one person who is "liking" those posts. Everyone else seems to be falling in line rather nicely. Again, I will not slag on others work besides HT but to say this isn't much of a improvement over that?

:rotfl

C'MON MAN
For like $90 it’s a no brainer upgrade. Reminds me a lot of the enterbay head. Nearly any option for this is better than stock.

That's really petty. It's pathetic really..
I won't mince my words here.

Jaxon's sculpt is quite competent. He made it from scratch. He didn't just scan, and tweak, and call it a day..

That takes a great deal of passion, dedication, and skill. It's not perfect, and it's let down by a factory spray job. But it still costs 1/4 the price of OT's.

Even with all the boasting he does, there are still things I don't like about OT's sculpt. And I don't think he's comparable to Jaxon as an artist, let alone to many others in the space.

I'm hardcore about Batman Begins. I went with Unreal. And neither money, nor wait time had any influence on my decision. In fact, I gave OT's no mind next to Unreal's, and that was before I even heard all the horror stories.

Unreal's isn't perfect either in certain places, but dammit I just love it... I think it captures the character better than OT's. That's just my opinion. But one thing that's for certain, Lucky is a true gentleman. He's humble, kind, and professional at least.
I feel the same way. I used to love OT's begin sculpt, even paid extra to get a second hand one, just for the accuracy. Between the sanding, the wait, and the price, it's just not worth it. Unreal does capture the beastly look way better, and the dude sculpts everything from scratch and is very humble.
Jaxon 1.0 was scanned directly from the Enterbay head, but it does look like the new one is sculpted from scratch, or at least heavily modified. Meanwhile, OT did use the same Enterbay cowl scan before he had access to more accurate scans to make his, and yet his mouth plates are still modified Enterbay scans. So I wouldn't say one is far more superior than the other. Plus, unlike Unreal, OT doesn't have any original sculpts to show besides the two modified batman he posts everyday.

Last edited:
I wanted to share a trick I used to get the neck joint off the HT head sculpt. This joint is very hard to remove without damaging it with pliers but if you warm it up with hot water/blow dryer and wrap a round shoe lace or paracord around the base of the joint you can pop it out by pulling on it:

IMG_2030.jpeg

IMG_2029.jpeg

For like $90 it’s a no brainer upgrade. Reminds me a lot of the enterbay head. Nearly any option for this is better than stock.

It may not be perfect but definitely better than hot toys indeed, It also reminds me of the Enterbay version. If I had more money I would certainly have taken the Unreal version. But anyway InArt will surely make his version sooner or later.

449343043_10232171508648778_4562056671356968694_n.jpg

Back