1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks good!
1000008944.jpg

1000008945.jpg

1000008946.jpg

I'm wondering if the mouthplates aren't pushed all the way inward that's why these photos are giving that elongated upper lip/mouth look.

I had a ***** of a time getting that plug out of the old head. Blasted it with the hair dryer first (nothing). Finally ended up boiling the damn thing (felt good mang) and it finally popped. But yeah the results are incredible do not hesitate.

A couple lousy pics at the coffee station - bad lighting/nighttime etc.

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Thank you Jaxon and Kit!

I had a ***** of a time getting that plug out of the old head. Blasted it with the hair dryer first (nothing). Finally ended up boiling the damn thing (felt good mang) and it finally popped. But yeah the results are incredible do not hesitate.

A couple lousy pics at the coffee station - bad lighting/nighttime etc.

View attachment 710516

View attachment 710517

View attachment 710518

View attachment 710519

Thank you Jaxon and Kit!
Which cape is that? Love how black it looks

Which cape is that? Love how black it looks
Thanks! That is the old lforigno long drape cape I have had it for years now nice to finally use it and I like the color too but it's a bit long and hard to manage but nice for special occasions to switch things up. It's the only one I have at the moment and I'll be getting Jaxon's cape soon.
Looks good Vortex. Reminds me of when he’s in the cave with Rachel.
Thanks man not much thought was really put into it, it just kind of ended up on the stand like that. I was annoyed trying to get the socket out and then excited when it popped and threw it together and walked away to catch a breather. Came back down and thought 'yeah' that looks pretty damn good ha. Could use a bit of tweaking still though.

The best part is I think I have like - $120 invested in the total package:yess:

OTs sculpt does look great but for the price Jaxon is the clear winner here imo. I’m 100% happy with this purchase.

In all of my praise for this sculpt I have avoided the debate really because regardless of personalities everyone does a great job at what they do. I'm just not that hardcore enough (never have been) to drop that kind of cash on a HS even though I gave it serious consideration after seeing HT's **** effort because I have always wanted a nice Begins figure . Then Jaxon came a long with his effort and it looked great and the price was certainly fair so yeah - I pulled the trigger with the expectation it couldn't live up to the proto in paint quality but maybe the shape would be good enough. Certainly better than HT anyways right?

Well, I was wrong about the paint because it looks great. Especially for $85. For me this is a Mars Joker (Romero) level of being blown away for what was given to us at these price points.

In saying that I totally get why this sculpt might make some customizers uneasy about their business. But again, in my case they were never going to get my business anyway due to the already mentioned reason SO no sale was taken away from them by me purchasing this head.

While I don’t agree with the tactics, I’ve noticed what he’s pointed out here in the Jaxon sculpt. But I have no dog in this race so no need to try to rain on anyone’s parade who enjoys this Jaxon sculpt.
Same if I'm being honest. Well, at first I thought the nose was too long but maybe it's what he points to. Either way there's an elongation issue at play here which, to my eyes, is making the Jaxon sculpt look uncomfortably similar to the Hot Toys original.

Same if I'm being honest. Well, at first I thought the nose was too long but maybe it's what he points to. Either way there's an elongation issue at play here which, to my eyes, is making the Jaxon sculpt look uncomfortably similar to the Hot Toys original.
I think you nailed it. No matter what I do, I still see a pigeon.

For the past few days he's been trying to belittle Jaxon's headsculpt in his stories and that is another attempt at doing that.
I don't get why he does that really...
That's really petty. It's pathetic really..
I won't mince my words here.

Jaxon's sculpt is quite competent. He made it from scratch. He didn't just scan, and tweak, and call it a day..

That takes a great deal of passion, dedication, and skill. It's not perfect, and it's let down by a factory spray job. But it still costs 1/4 the price of OT's.

Even with all the boasting he does, there are still things I don't like about OT's sculpt. And I don't think he's comparable to Jaxon as an artist, let alone to many others in the space.

I'm hardcore about Batman Begins. I went with Unreal. And neither money, nor wait time had any influence on my decision. In fact, I gave OT's no mind next to Unreal's, and that was before I even heard all the horror stories.

Unreal's isn't perfect either in certain places, but dammit I just love it... I think it captures the character better than OT's. That's just my opinion. But one thing that's for certain, Lucky is a true gentleman. He's humble, kind, and professional at least.

Last edited:
That's really petty. It's pathetic really..
I won't mince my words here.

Jaxon's sculpt is quite competent. He made it from scratch. He didn't just scan, and tweak, and call it a day..

That takes a great deal of passion, dedication, and skill. It's not perfect, and it's let down by a factory spray job. But it still costs 1/4 the price of OT's.

Even with all the boasting he does, there are still things I don't like about OT's sculpt. And I don't think he's comparable to Jaxon as an artist, let alone to many in the space.

I'm hardcore about Batman Begins. I went with Unreal. And neither money, nor wait time had any influence on my decision. In fact, I gave OT's no mind next to Unreal's, and that was before I even heard all the horror stories.

Unreal's isn't perfect either in certain places, but dammit I love it... I think it captures the character better than OT's. That's just my opinion. But one thing that's for certain, Lucky is a true gentleman. He's humble, kind, and professional at least.
I think all 3 look great !
Cost was the factor for me , paid $130.86 for the HT figure and wouldn't pay over double that for just a sculpt .
If it wasn't for Jaxon doing a quality affordable one I would have most likely tried to get the Unreal version .

I think you nailed it. No matter what I do, I still see a pigeon.
The suit guided Bale's body language for the character, as it has for previous iterations as well.

i honestly don't think the cowl was designed with a straight up posture in mind. He's almost always leaning his neck forward throughout the film, and in most of the promotional shots. That's when it shines. It's part of why I love Unreal's take.

He doesn't look right standing straight, nor does the curve align with the shape of his back when he does. It's not a good silhouette when looking at the sides..

It amazes me after so many years the Enterbay figure remains the best mass produced Begins cowl.

It's not perfect and the overall build quality of the figure is trash but still, aesthetically it's glorious.

I hope InArt have a go at this suit. That's my last hope of a great mass produced Begins figure in sixth scale.

Back