Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I figured the plastic, rubber and overall quality of a 2008 figure would be better than the plastic, rubber and quality of a 2011 figure.

Why would you figure that? Because HT is cutting cost?

The fact that we're paying $225 for this when we paid $150 for the original - a 50% price hike, means that there is absolutely utterly no excuse for HT to give us a inferior rubber body.

Yeah I figured the plastic, rubber and overall quality of a 2008 figure would be better than the plastic, rubber and quality of a 2011 figure. Does it feel lighter? I noticed the Demon Batman and Scarecrow felt lighter and more chinsy than say, the OC Batman and Bank Robber Joker.

I wish I had extras of the OC instead of one. Then I could just take the three important parts of this new release (the cowl with two new expressions, Wayne head and harness/belt) and sell off the body.

They weigh about the same actually. At least its not as light as MJ Bad DX :lol

maybe just sell the body, and buy the old OC body from eBay perhaps? should not be too much of a difference since not many people notice these subtle differences.

But that said, the differences isnt that much anyways. I think you'll be fine man :lol

Why would you figure that? Because HT is cutting cost?

The fact that we're paying $225 for this when we paid $150 for the original - a 50% price hike, means that there is absolutely utterly no excuse for HT to give us a inferior rubber body.

Everyone's cutting back and increasing prices. That's just how it is. :lol

It's not just our collectibles. Restaurants, food, clothing, household goods, electronics etc. Make it cheap, make more, charge a ton for it. When have premium prices ever matched or dictated quality goods, I don't even remember?

You think the prices are going up because these companies are utilizing better material? Hell no. One, they have more workers, artists and designers than they ever did previously (hence all these great new figures and licenses) and the cost to produce them and ship them out (i.e. gas prices) have increased. It has nothing to do with quality.

You goobers. Most of you should know by now not to pay much attention to the order "Status" messages on SSC's site. Those things goof and are inaccurate all the time. :lol

This figure isn't shipping until mid-late October.

It's not just our collectibles. Restaurants, food, clothing, household goods, electronics etc. Make it cheap, make more, charge a ton for it. When have premium prices ever matched or dictated quality goods, I don't even remember?

You think the prices are going up because these companies are utilizing better material? Hell no. One, they have more workers, artists and designers than they ever did previously (hence all these great new figures and licenses) and the cost to produce them and ship them out (i.e. gas prices) have increased. It has nothing to do with quality.

Well i'm with you on that - it is how it is, doesn't mean i'll sit here and be happy about it :lol

You goobers. Most of you should know by now not to pay much attention to the order "Status" messages on SSC's site. Those things goof and are inaccurate all the time. :lol

This figure isn't shipping until mid-late October.

True but things do arrive early all the time.

Sadly, this is true.

I dunno bout HT, but theres a few good examples, one of them being luxury goods. Dunno if you guys ever heard of the brand Chrome Hearts. They used to be a handmade silver jewelry. Ever since they boom in Japan, they started using laser etched tech and mass produce them to meet with the demand, since handmade no longer can fufill the demand for it.

Have you received any email notices at all?

Not yet. Thats why I posted that it had changed to see if this was happening with anyone else. Curiosity more than anything because I thought this wasn't supposed to ship until October. Usually its only items that have a NRD that switch well before shipping. Has been my experience with items that I've ordered recently anyways.

Not yet. Thats why I posted that it had changed to see if this was happening with anyone else. Curiosity more than anything.

Yeah, I hear ya. More than likely though it's just another site glitch. I just had an order "Canceled" that they shipped to me over a year ago. :lol

theres not much we can do, unless EB or other 1/6 companies starts to dish out some quality stuff.

Exactly.

The only solution is competition. Don't see any competitors challenging HT anytime soon...

Enterbay is a joke now, resorting to 1/4 action figures cuz they can't challenge HT in the 1/6 game :lol

I hope Blitzway builds on that amazing Scarface.

So is it just you, Josh?

Appears that way. :lol

Yeah, I hear ya. More than likely though it's just another site glitch. I just had an order "Canceled" that they shipped to me over a year ago. :lol

Must be. :lol Yeah, I have three items that have long since arrived at the very bottom of my orders list that still show item shipping soon. :lol

Back