Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have this preordered and with all the problems with the body I just purchased an original costume body on eBay which was in mint condition. I figure if I like the old body better I can use that and if both are fine I will just display one as Bruce wayne.

I have this preordered and with all the problems with the body I just purchased an original costume body on eBay which was in mint condition. I figure if I like the old body better I can use that and if both are fine I will just display one as Bruce wayne.

Nice score! I've been looking for a spare OC body too :gah:

Just noticed this is item shipping soon. Gonna go ahead and just put this on ebay when it ships.

mine says the same thing, but I don't even want it anymore seeing all the rubber issues this thing has. I will prolly do the same thing or trade it for something I know I will be satisfied with.

It looks like the head has oil on it, but its probably paint that was rubbed off in the box. You can see it right around 0:19.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-ubdq1_sGw"]Hot Toys Batman Begins Exclusive STGCC 2011 ( Part 4 ) - YouTube[/ame]

^Looks like light from a bulb reflecting off the mask. :dunno

Re: Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive

I talked to the person that owns this figure today and he said that the paint was wet when they placed it in the box. So the paint rubbed off.

images

I talked to the person that owns this figure today and he said that the paint was wet when they placed it in the box. So the paint rubbed off.

Oh, that sucks. Hope it's not a widespread issue.

To all the crybaby virgin nerds, stop molesting the ass of your hot toys batman, and the paint will not rub off.

:lecture :lol

To all the crybaby virgin nerds, stop molesting the ass of your hot toys batman, and the paint will not rub off.

:lecture :lol

That's easier said than done. It's so soft, squishy, and rubber just glides off your fingers.. mmm.... mmm...mmmmmmmmm....

Still waiting for my waitlist to convert :impatient:. Everyone on the fence about cancelling should do so.....now!... :)

You guys see this video? This guy treats this thing horrible! and puts it in bad poses, its like he just threw it together lol, its hard to watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCr8MvNdizM

I tried to watch that video, but I kept falling into a coma. :lol

Quite an accomplishment for a video that apparently only lasts for a bit over two minutes to actually feel like it takes an eternity to sit through...eek.

It wouldn't be the first time...

HT had the same problems with the 1st Robocop -- wet paint. I had to return mine for a replacement. The helmets weren't dry and rubbed off on the packaging.

Sometimes weather and humidity also play a role in this (drying process) but in any case there is no excuse for packing figures with wet paint.

Still, I'm not worried -- because I ordered from SSC. Just be wary of buying these on ebay b/c you could get stuck with a wet one. :D

Last edited:

It wouldn't be the first time...

HT had the same problems with the 1st Robocop -- wet paint. I had to return mine for a replacement. The helmets weren't dry and rubbed off on the packaging.

Sometimes weather and humidity also play a role in this (drying process) but in any case there is no excuse for packing figures with wet paint.

Still, I'm not worried -- because I ordered from SSC. Just be wary of buying these on ebay b/c you could get stuck with a wet one. :D

Really? Wet figures, and they've done it before? I love Hot Toys, but Dollar General junk doesn't suffer from this problem, and HT shouldn't either. Especially after doing it before. I will gladly get these a day later to get one that had time to dry.

Come on Hot Toys, you're too good to screw up that sort of detail! Now, let's rock on some more HT Star Wars figures. :dance

I will gladly get these a day later to get one that had time to dry.

That's the thing... paints don't actually take hours or a day to fully cure and dry. It takes weeks.

Still, your point remains. These products should not be packaged and shipped before they're fully cured.

:exactly: :goodpost:

Really? Wet figures, and they've done it before? I love Hot Toys, but Dollar General junk doesn't suffer from this problem, and HT shouldn't either. Especially after doing it before. I will gladly get these a day later to get one that had time to dry.

Come on Hot Toys, you're too good to screw up that sort of detail! Now, let's rock on some more HT Star Wars figures. :dance

Any product that is produced occasionally has QC problems, cars, computers, phones, and toys....I don't see the need to panic yet since majority of us do not have this in hand and alot of the speculation is based on a video where someone was obviously molesting their fig...I understand too that there were problems with The Comedian and with DX02, I had leaky abs on my first TDK, but I'm staying positive that we should be receiving a kick ass figure within a month or so.

No panic. Just sayin I'll wait for these to get the time they need to dry. Sure ain't canceling. That and let's get some more star wars figures. :monkey1

Back