Hot toys Batman Begins Toyfair exclusive Damage Report!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I guess I got lucky with mine. The right boot is a little loose, but not broken. I got the bat head on fine and there's no smudges to be found on either head. Currently rockin' the 'angry' mouth.

The suit is a bit tacky but I'm not noticing any finger print smudges. Its a dust magnet though. All in all I'm happy, especially since I didn't have the OC bats.

brokenbats1.jpg

brokenbats3.jpg

brokenbats2.jpg

Right arm is completely detached. Just called SS. They said they can send me a replacement body and then I have to destroy this one.

This is my first ever Batman figure so this is upsetting :( I've never had any other HT issues. The figure looks gorgeous though. Le sigh.

What I hate is this destruction policy!!

HT screwed up, why should we destroy valuable parts? Why can't we keep defective parts or sell them AND get replacements?? The customer should be allowed leeway when the manufacturer has screwed up imo

What I hate is this destruction policy!!

HT screwed up, why should we destroy valuable parts? Why can't we keep defective parts or sell them AND get replacements?? The customer should be allowed leeway when the manufacturer has screwed up imo

Hot Toys asked for the same things to happen with the DX02 fiasco. Then people started lying. So photos of the damaged items were required (requested actions) then Hot Toys changed that as well. Final outcome was before you got a replacement, you had to get a return parcel number or email... it's been that long since I can remember and send the goods back before issued a replacement. As everything had to be inspected first before doing so.

You need to take clear pics of destroyed parts to qualify for replacements

At least when dealing directly with HT you do, HT actually asked me to break my mis-shapen TDK DX02 batman head further after I sent them pics of it after it had been bashed by a hammer lol

I would guess SS would be looking for similarly clear evidence

Edit: thanks for further background V, I still think we shouldn't be made to destroy valuable parts, so brutal and pointless

Pardon the ignorance, but for those of you getting replacement bodies.... how do you plan to get the rubber suit off? I can't seem to find the seams from where you can separate it.

Sideshow's customer service and replacement policy is great as far as I'm concerned. They really work with you to try and correct any issues you have. They're the best, can't praise them enough.

Hot Toys is a different story.

The problem with Hot Toys is, they're so stingy. They were like this way before the DX 02 figure. You literally have to jump through hoops as a customer to get any thing from them. It could be something as simple as a tiny, broken hand peg joint and you still might not be able to get a replacement.

I don't know what their deal is. Either they don't feel like giving up replacement parts or have trust issues with their customers.

Now I can see demanding a brand new head, or accessories, "claiming" they're broken but cheap parts? It's not even worth it by the time they answer your email or finally agree to a part swap.

They should have these little things available at the drop of a hat. I still don't understand why Hot Toys doesn't sell cheap replacement parts separately. Especially when you consider how cheaply made some of the parts they produce are.

The little bag of two hand pegs was a step in the right direction but they need to do better than that. There should be little bags of 4-5 hand pegs (a peg for each hand) and their customer service should send anyone a replacement limb (not whole body's) and have them at the ready.

Hey guys, I need your opinion. OK so as you saw from my earlier post, Batman's right arm is completely detached. After some futzing around, I was able to get him in this nice pose.

batman3.jpg

batman2.jpg

batman1.jpg

After reading what you guys said about how I have to destroy the suit first before a replacement, I feel like I don't have the heart to do it. I just can't picture myself destroying it in hopes that the next one is in good condition. My actual suit is in great shape (no leaking, smudging, etc). Even though I love to change up my poses every now and then, I think I can live with a Batman like this. I just wanted one definitive Batman for my collection, and other than his detached arm (which you can't even tell), he is still great to me.

Do you think I should just keep him as is? Is it worth the hassle of getting a new body (the arm still bends at the elbow fine...it just can't go up and down, which I don't even see a lot of people do anyway)?

Pardon the ignorance, but for those of you getting replacement bodies.... how do you plan to get the rubber suit off? I can't seem to find the seams from where you can separate it.

It's a two piece suit, the shirt glues in the front under the groin. And the bottom are pants. But I wonder if they're sending the body with the suit on?

Hey guys, I need your opinion. OK so as you saw from my earlier post, Batman's right arm is completely detached. After some futzing around, I was able to get him in this nice pose.

batman3.jpg

batman2.jpg

batman1.jpg

After reading what you guys said about how I have to destroy the suit first before a replacement, I feel like I don't have the heart to do it. I just can't picture myself destroying it in hopes that the next one is in good condition. My actual suit is in great shape (no leaking, smudging, etc). Even though I love to change up my poses every now and then, I think I can live with a Batman like this. I just wanted one definitive Batman for my collection, and other than his detached arm (which you can't even tell), he is still great to me.

Do you think I should just keep him as is? Is it worth the hassle of getting a new body (the arm still bends at the elbow fine...it just can't go up and down, which I don't even see a lot of people do anyway)?

So did they say that they were sending a body with the suit still on?

It's a two piece suit, the shirt glues in the front under the groin. And the bottom are pants. But I wonder if they're sending the body with the suit on?

Ah I see.... thanks!

I just noticed I have a very loose right arm and right elbow. I raise any of those 2 articulations and they won't stay in place compared to the left ones which stay and are nice and stiff. I am thinking of changing the whole body to an advanced.

So did they say that they were sending a body with the suit still on?

Not exactly sure but it sounded like I was getting a new body without the gauntlets, hands and boots. So a new torso only. I'd assume with the suit on. I don't see how I could get one without it.

I'm in the same boat with my leg.

Sideshow is sending me a replacement body with boots/feet. I assume this is the whole true type body with the rubber suit.

Like you, my rubber suit is pretty much perfect, free of any deformities or dents. My fear is, the replacement body that comes in will be fine as far as the true type goes but will have rubber suit defects.

If this is the case and the suit isn't as good as the one I own and I have to destroy a figure, I'm destroying the replacement they send me.

I'll take the left lower leg from the whole replacement they send, give it to my original then hack up the replacement figure. In your case you could just take the right arm from the replacement, stick it into your original figure and viola, perfect figure. Then you just take the rest of your replacement and destroy it.

dont settle for a broken arm!!!

I know, I really don't want to! But if it turns out to be a big hassle to get a new body I think I'll live. I mean I'm looking at him right now and he looks great to me physically even though I know he's broken. But it's not the WORST thing as the body covers it. And not only that, but the suit itself restricts many of the poses I wanted to do. I tried on the good arm and it just looks funny. Most people have him posed with both his arms down.

Sideshow is sending me a replacement body with boots/feet. I assume this is the whole true type body with the rubber suit.

Like you, my rubber suit is pretty much perfect, free of any deformities or dents. My fear is, the replacement body that comes in will be fine as far as the true type goes but will have rubber suit defects.

If this is the case and the suit isn't as good as the one I own and I have to destroy a figure, I'm destroying the replacement they send me.

I'll take the left lower leg from the whole replacement they send, give it to my original then hack up the replacement figure. In your case you could just take the right arm from the replacement, stick it into your original figure and viola, perfect figure. Then you just take the rest of your replacement and destroy it.

Or just take the suit off and put it on the replacement body.

I just noticed I have a very loose right arm and right elbow. I raise any of those 2 articulations and they won't stay in place compared to the left ones which stay and are nice and stiff. I am thinking of changing the whole body to an advanced.

The arm is probably about to snap. If the arm doesn't pose and stick with the rubber suit and just goes back to it's original, straight position, it's most likely broken.

I've had a bunch of wobbly True Type limbs (T-1000, Joker, just to name a few), that's perfectly normal. You can tell the difference between "loose" and "damaged".

Or just take the suit off and put it on the replacement body.

This is true too. Good point. Make sure you have glue handy though so you can glue the codpiece down and attach the upper torso part of the suit to the lower pants.

It seems kinda difficult to replace the arm? You have to slide it in and then try to stick it in the hole (that's what she said) blind. But it does sound like a great idea, because like you said I'm nervous to get a bad suit still.

Back